Coral Princess DryDock

tert333

I have heard the Coral Princess is going into DryDock at the end of January for 10 days.   Does anyone know what they will be upgrading during that time?  I would expect they will be implementing the Ocean Medallion technology like they did on the Ruby Princess.

Likely they will continue with the backroom technology upgrades for the eventual addition of Ocean Medallion, faster internet, on-demand TV, and the like. But don't expect them to be implemented anytime soon. Probably quite a few other Princess ships ahead of Coral in that queue.

Edited by fishywood

• 3 months later...

The Coral Princess is coming back today from its 10 day drydock.  We are on it in March.  This is our first cruise on the Coral and while hearing good things about the ship, also heard there were signs of aging(eg Rust, etc.).  Would like to hear any updates from people going on the Coral over the next few weeks.

I saw a report someplace else that said there were a bunch of people wearing Ocean badges installing boxes and cable.  I assume (if true) that this is prep for Medallion.

Edited by bemis12

1 hour ago, bemis12 said:

I saw a report someplace else that said there were a bunch of people wearing Ocean badges installing boxes and cable.  I assume (if true) that this is prep for Medallion.

Very likely.  They were doing this on the Star in December of 2017 and had installed new larger TV's in cabins.

Photos of her return to port everglades here:

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/coral-princess

On board the cruise prior to this time in the Bahamas, the ship was calling it a "refresh".  About 1200 workers boarded the ship in Ft Lauderdale on our return to begin the work.  Descriptions given to us by crew were mostly cosmetic, but who knows what that really means. 

47 minutes ago, cruisingrob21 said:

Very likely.  They were doing this on the Star in December of 2017 and had installed new larger TV's in cabins.

Photos of her return to port everglades here:

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/coral-princess

Thanks so much for the pictures, I can see my cabin! So excited leaving two weeks from tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/31/2019 at 1:14 PM, Gist Ducky said:

We are currently waiting to board.  Told by a shore staff that the dry dock was for Medallion preliminary wiring only.. Plus new bow paint with the Sea Witch. No word on when Medallion actually roles out on the Coral.

Have fun on the cruise.   Look forward to hearing more.   We are less than 1 month away from ours... 🙂

On 1/31/2019 at 10:14 AM, Gist Ducky said:

We are currently waiting to board.  Told by a shore staff that the dry dock was for Medallion preliminary wiring only.. Plus new bow paint with the Sea Witch. No word on when Medallion actually roles out on the Coral.

During our 60 night cruise in the fall, there were a few complaints about beds being worn out. Any word on the beds being updated?

• 3 weeks later...

There are two reports from cruisers on the 1st post refit cruise; you can find them by searching for Coral Princess Refit.

These two cruisers were not very impressed.  Like many a refit, work continued on the first cruise.  The Coral arrived late in Fort Lauderdale, so boarding was delayed.  Carpeting was still being installed while the cruise was underway and one commented that the crew seemed distracted with all the work that was going on.  Hope we see a few more comments from other's that took the cruise.