The vexatious issue of tipping

8 minutes ago, mom2tcdx2 said:

Because it is part of the software of the program and isn't something they have bothered to remove.  

I give a dollar a drink cash tip and if it is DP or Diamond drink I rarely get a receipt to sign.

11 hours ago, WeighAnchor said:

It would depend on how much I order. If it was a meal for my wife and I, then no. If I am traveling with friends and family and we have a get-together for for 6 people in one of our staterooms and order a variety of party food; then I probably would give them $5 for having to deal with so many extra items.

We do the same thing.   

23 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Sometimes I get it right.

Pretty sure there are a couple members that would disagree with that. 😏🍺

You have my support.

I hope Laura is/has enjoyed her cruise and it's nice to see Bella on your avatar.

Graham

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You have my support.

I hope Laura is/has enjoyed her cruise and it's nice to see Bella on your avatar.

Graham

Apparently I'm the second most popular member of Cruise Critic.  I think I can make it to #1. 😎

Laura is west of the Azores. Unfortunately, so are some new storms. 😱

I think I'll rotate Bell pics every few weeks.

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Apparently I'm the second most popular member of Cruise Critic.  I think I can make it to #1. 😎

Laura is west of the Azores. Unfortunately, so are some new storms. 😱

I think I'll rotate Bell pics every few weeks.

Your Presidents b2b and Israel cruise reviews were excellent with lots of views and favourable comments.

I wonder who is number 1?

I hope Laura's cruise avoids any storms and it's always nice to see Bella photos as she is so cute.

The only time Pauline looks at CC is when I show her Bella photos.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Your Presidents b2b and Israel cruise reviews were excellent with lots of views and favourable comments.

I wonder who is number 1?

I hope Laura's cruise avoids any storms and it's always nice to see Bella photos as she is so cute.

The only time Pauline looks at CC is when I show her Bella photos.

Andrew, A&L_Ont

On 10/23/2018 at 10:07 AM, cruisenewb1 said:

Hi all,

I know that there are several threads on tipping, but Royal Caribbean's new charge for room service has vexed me again.

As I understand it, the usual procedure when prepaid tipping (as for RC) is to tip some staff such as porters and room service, which are "extra" services.

However RC now charge $7.95 for room service which includes gratuity.

So I have the choice of either facing the social awkwardness of not tipping room service or the annoyance of paying twice for tips.

What do you do?

We are currently on Independence.

The receipts are confusing because it shows no service charge then at the bottom it says 18% service charge included.

Regardless I gave the waiter $10 cash. tip in Giovanni's and the room service waiter $2 cash tip 

IMG_20181027_094713.jpg

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

The receipts are confusing because it shows no service charge then at the bottom it says 18% service charge included.

Regardless I gave the waiter $10 cash. tip in Giovanni's and the room service waiter $2 cash tip 

Did you book/pay pre cruise, if you did the gratuity is included in the cost.

On your way to the Sun of Le Harve on a three dayer , good choice to miss the snow up north. Hope its cleared for your journey back home tomorrow.

25 minutes ago, Redrobo said:

Did you book/pay pre cruise, if you did the gratuity is included in the cost.

On your way to the Sun of Le Harve on a three dayer , good choice to miss the snow up north. Hope its cleared for your journey back home tomorrow.

Booked FNDR pre Cruise using D+BOGO last 2 nights.

Thanks I checked our CCTV cameras on my phone and it is raining at home but friends report snow nearby.

18 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We do the same thing.  It's just easier for us, and let's face it, considering the price of the cruise, the tips are nothing to sweat.

On 10/23/2018 at 7:01 AM, Host Clarea said:

Nothing when gratuity is automatically added to the room service fee.

Same here.  If they are going to force me to pay a gratuity, then that's all they get from me.

Edited by time4u2go