I requested a Comic Sans fix

POA1

I put in a request for a fix for the display issue that Android and iOS users are having with posts in Comic Sans. The basic problem is that Comic Sans "falls back" to a script or cursive font on systems where it's not installed. 

I supplied screenshots of my phone (Android) and an iPad (iOS, courtesy of Jacqui) so that the powers that be can see the issue. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks so much Brian 😄 

You're our hero 🙂 

You're welcome. Let's hope my request makes it onto the priority list. I hope I didn't use up all my goodwill with the toolbars yesterday.

Thank you very much, Brian. Now that I know using my favorite Comic Sans MS comes out as something that's difficult or impossible to read on other devices, I have (sadly) stopped using it.
Any chance we will be told when it's fixed? Or just have to keep trying until someone tells us it works on their smaller screens?

11 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Thank you very much, Brian. Now that I know using my favorite Comic Sans MS comes out as something that's difficult or impossible to read on other devices, I have (sadly) stopped using it.
Any chance we will be told when it's fixed? Or just have to keep trying until someone tells us it works on their smaller screens?

I'm following the request thread, so I should get a notification when they post one.  Barring that, I'm sure someone will see the Comic Sans posts clear up once they make the stylesheet change.  Since the stylesheets are typically cached locally on our machines, we may have to see close our browsers and restart them - or do a forced reload if you know how to do that.

I assume that they have some sort of approval process that they have to go through to get a change like this implemented, so that may slow things down a bit. However, it's a very easy fix to implement, so I'm hopeful.

Once they make the CSS change, all the Comic Sans posts will be fixed retroactively.

3 hours ago, POA1 said:

Once they make the CSS change, all the Comic Sans posts will be fixed retroactively.

That will be fantastic. Anyone going back and reading older posts will be able to see them then.

46 minutes ago, RuthC said:

That will be fantastic. Anyone going back and reading older posts will be able to see them then.

Yep. Of course they have to make the changes first.