Harmony Wash and (Wrinkle) Fold Service

DougMacP

Since RCI doesn't have self serve laundry I took advantage of the $34.99 bag of laundry Wash and Fold service a couple days before the end of a B2B cruise on Harmony last week.  This is how my cotton cargo pants came back!!  Everything in the bag was wrinkled.....glad I didn't need them for the cruise.  Be warned.  

wash_and_wrinkle2.jpg

17 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I think I see why pants are not included in the list of acceptable garments for the wash & fold service.

I had luck with pants on Harmony.  But the bag only had that, 1 pair of shorts and a couple of t-shirts.  They weren't pressed, but they were wearable.  The key is don't stuff it.

I don't remember seeing that!  The pants come out of the dryer wrinkle free....all they had to do was "fold" but they sort of accordioned them, and then folded.  Considering the size of the Wash and Fold bag, you don't save that much money over the standard wash and press service.  

9 minutes ago, DougMacP said:

I don't remember seeing that!  The pants come out of the dryer wrinkle free....all they had to do was "fold" but they sort of accordioned them, and then folded.  Considering the size of the Wash and Fold bag, you don't save that much money over the standard wash and press service.  

Hard to see in the photo, but no pants listed.  Keep in mind they have to return your garments in the same bag. Probably why they rolled it up.

20180930_114943.jpg

Also Diamond Plus get this bag for free.  So I dont feel the pressure to get my money's worth 

Edited by John&LaLa

Whether pants are included or excluded it should not matter.  All they need to do is remove and fold everything as soon as it is dry and not let it all sit in a dryer all bunched up.  Sorry this is not acceptable.  I had the same issue one time and went to guest services and they had the whole bag pressed for me.  Also not sure what over stuffing the bag has to do with it either.  That also should not matter.  

14 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Whether pants are included or excluded it should not matter.   ...

I think it does matter, and what they should have done is remove the pants from the wash & fold bag and put them through the normal laundry and charge the regular laundry price for them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, micruiser2002 said:

Whether pants are included or excluded it should not matter.  All they need to do is remove and fold everything as soon as it is dry and not let it all sit in a dryer all bunched up.  Sorry this is not acceptable.  I had the same issue one time and went to guest services and they had the whole bag pressed for me.  Also not sure what over stuffing the bag has to do with it either.  That also should not matter.  

It isn't like it all came back "stuffed" in one bag...it didn't.  I probably should have complained.  

17 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I think it does matter, and what they should have done is remove the pants from the wash & fold bag and put them through the normal laundry and charge the regular laundry price for them.

Not if everything in the bag was wrinkled this bad.  My point is all they need to do is fold the clothes as soon as they are removed from the dryer.  As for pants not allowed then they should have just added a charge for those, isn't that what the form says?  Otherwise send them back without doing anything.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Ours too.

I challenged myself to stuff it to the max.  Rolled everything. Didn't realize it would come back the same way. Probably had 3 shorts, 1 khaki, 8 shirts. 😱

And here's what went in the last bag.  It came back very nice.

20180930_114955.jpg

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Hard to see in the photo, but no pants listed.  Keep in mind they have to return your garments in the same bag. Probably why they rolled it up.

20180930_114943.jpg

Also Diamond Plus get this bag for free.  So I dont feel the pressure to get my money's worth 

Our experience for the complimentary Wash N Fold has been that the clothes are sent to the Laundry in a lightweight plastic bag then returned in a paper bag as you've shown in the picture. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Our experience for the complimentary Wash N Fold has been that the clothes are sent to the Laundry in a lightweight plastic bag then returned in a paper bag as you've shown in the picture. 

It's what they gave me for this trip. 

I have seen the plastic one as well, just no photo, and it was a while ago

Edited by John&LaLa

7 hours ago, micruiser2002 said:

Actually If you put something in the Wash/Fold bag you are supposed be charged full price for that Item, pants included... Though I can fit about 40+ items that you can in the plastic bag and all come back in 2 paper bags.

Edited by ONECRUISER

25 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Actually If you put something in the Wash/Fold bag you are supposed be charged full price for that Item, pants included... Though I can fit about 40+ items that you can in the plastic bag and all come back in 2 paper bags.

Our clothes generally come back in 2 paper bags as well. We stuff quite a bit in there. And many times our room steward has helped. :classic_cool: