Skating on Oasis

Djsmrs

2 hours ago, Djsmrs said:

Does anyone know if they have knee pads for skaters?   

Weird question - but it’s a big debate in the house at the moment.  

Perhaps it has changed, but they gave us helmets (required) and elbow and knee pads (optional).

18 minutes ago, Djsmrs said:

Thanks.  Trying to convince people that we don't need to bring our hockey shin pads.  😆

I am assuming that haven’t skated on RC before. It’s a very small rink. Helmets are mandatory and provided. Elbow and knee pads are optional but are available.  Long pants and socks are mandatory he rink is small and there are not that many open skates (my opinion).  

It’s fun to do and lots of people participate. If you are serious skaters no jumps or tricks allowed. Most people can barely make it around!  My grandkids play hockey and had fun, but were probably among the best skaters out there. It’s strictly a novelty experience. 

• Like 1

Does anyone know if you can bring your own skates? I know it’s an odd question, but I have oddly sized feet(super narrow land large) and last time I tried skating on a RC ship the skates fit me horribly so skating was miserable. We are driving to our cruise in November so not concerned about added packing space. 

2 minutes ago, Tplanav1 said:

Does anyone know if you can bring your own skates? I know it’s an odd question, but I have oddly sized feet(super narrow land large) and last time I tried skating on a RC ship the skates fit me horribly so skating was miserable. We are driving to our cruise in November so not concerned about added packing space. 

You can bring your own skates.  However, hockey sticks must stay in your stateroom.

1 hour ago, Tplanav1 said:

Yes. 

13 hours ago, molsonschooner said:

just curious, why would any one bring shin pads?

They come up to protect knees so they feel more confident when they bail.  They’re kids - so the logic of what we “need” to pack on a trip to the Caribbean bs what we “want” to take doesn’t reconcile 100% in their brains.  If they had their way we’d bring their whole kit - and my youngest is a goalie 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Djsmrs

2 hours ago, Djsmrs said:

They come up to protect knees so they feel more confident when they bail.  They’re kids - so the logic of what we “need” to pack on a trip to the Caribbean bs what we “want” to take doesn’t reconcile 100% in their brains.  If they had their way we’d bring their whole kit - and my youngest is a goalie 🤦‍♀️

Tell him you checked with a frequent cruising Goalie Grandma - he won't need them!  Have a good time!

• Like 1