Celebrity App Updated with Edge

TexSea

3 hours ago, omarchs said:

Anyone use the find on deck feature for the Edge in the app?   The Retreat lounge shows up on both deck 15 and 16 where all other deck plans including Celebrity site show it only on deck 15. Assuming just an error in beta version of app rather than two story lounge.

Funny, I didn't even notice it - i was thinking 16 was Retreat Sundeck and didn't notice it said Lounge. I found a few other minor issues, but so far, I find it helpful.

3 hours ago, cancruisers said:

Just noticed on my latest app update that Constellation, Equinox and Reflection are now on the app. Anybody know when Silhouette will be added?

Cheers, Steve

No, I don't. but there is an email address to send comments and ask questions. Maybe you could try emailing them?

AppFeedback@rccl.com

I have a Samsung tablet, as do some others on this thread. Someone earlier posted that you need at least at 6.1 operating system (marshmallow) for the Edge app to be compatible. Mine is only a 5.0.2 and several sources say I'd need at least a 5.1 to be able to upgrade to a 6.1. I guess those of us with the dinosaurs for tablets will have to rely on a piece of paper for the daily events :classic_sad:

I have the S2 32 GB..How do I find out my OS level?

I love my tablet and won't upgrade what I have til I get a new one...this one was state of the art in 2015...but probably is a dinosaur...like me!

Edited by hcat

Maybe it’s me....or a setting? (I’m on my iPad).  But my view isn’t the best......mot of the screen’s real estate is take up with ‘nothing’.  How to I get rid of that and see the whole screen?  I know if I click on something it does expand to a full screen view, but scrolling through the activities is difficult when I can only see the bottom 1/4 of the screen.

765E01CB-4A8B-4BE5-81E2-FDA20E55DEE3.png

Does anyone know if the app allows you to message other people onboard? I've called Celebrity a few times and they just keep saying "I know there's a new app but not sure what it does"! Frustrating.

Figured Edge would have something considering how new it is! I mean even Carnival and Princess have a way to communicate onboard!

9 hours ago, toriem24 said:

Does anyone know if the app allows you to message other people onboard? I've called Celebrity a few times and they just keep saying "I know there's a new app but not sure what it does"! Frustrating.

Figured Edge would have something considering how new it is! I mean even Carnival and Princess have a way to communicate onboard!

Yes, it does. On the top right corner of the screen  in the app it says  " Beta." If you click on it, it says you can  stay connected during your cruise and chat with linked guests. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Mcampo said:

Yes, it does. On the top right corner of the screen  in the app it says  " Beta." If you click on it, it says you can  stay connected during your cruise and chat with linked guests. 

I hadn't pushed the beta button. That's going to be wonderful!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, they have me completely confused with the app now. Just received an email from Celebrity indicating you can only get expedited check in via the app. We had already checked in a long time ago on the website. Xpress passes already show up in the app so you can’t check in again or provide a scan of a passport photo. Regular jpeg photo was provided during web check in.

Anyone else on the early voyages confused by this process either? Assuming that anyone who did a web check in prior to the app must settle for non expedited arrival. 

Guess anyone yet to check in for their cruises should only use the app. There is even a separate path on the website for Edge check in now which avoids the old standard path.

28 minutes ago, omarchs said:

Ok, they have me completely confused with the app now. Just received an email from Celebrity indicating you can only get expedited check in via the app. We had already checked in a long time ago on the website. Xpress passes already show up in the app so you can’t check in again or provide a scan of a passport photo. Regular jpeg photo was provided during web check in.

Anyone else on the early voyages confused by this process either? Assuming that anyone who did a web check in prior to the app must settle for non expedited arrival. 

Guess anyone yet to check in for their cruises should only use the app. There is even a separate path on the website for Edge check in now which avoids the old standard path.

I wouldn’t worry about it. They said not all are eligible for expedited embarkation. I can’t scan my passport in now and really don’t want to call and ask. We usually arrive at 1030-10:45 and get on within minutes so not expecting an issue. If you want to do expedited maybe captains club could help figure it out? 😀

out of curiosity where did the app even show to scan passport? I did all my checkin's on desktop and attached my picture.  X is sending texts today reminding us to use the app but no answers on the text about passport.  Not worried about it either, but it would be interesting to see how "expedited" it is..

plus it will be nice to explore the new terminal

Edited by citruscruiser

It sounds like preferred boarding will not be by Celeb  Cap Club levels  or cabin Class ( other than suites ),  but rather by those who have updated smart phones, have downloaded the app and uploaded the photos.. hi tech rules!..  

We did not upload photos, could not do the app...our tablet is too old... and do nit have a suite, so I guess we will be in the non priority group..despite E plus.. we'll just arrive early and hope it runs smoothly..  Eventually we'll get on the ship

We checked in a couple of months ago online, uploaded our photos and printed our X-press passes. Recently we received the email from X asking us to check in via the X app. Well today I opened the app and proceeded to do the check in. As I clicked through the process, all of our info from the online check in was there including our photos and passport info. We shall see how things go at the port. 😉

40 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

We checked in a couple of months ago online, uploaded our photos and printed our X-press passes. Recently we received the email from X asking us to check in via the X app. Well today I opened the app and proceeded to do the check in. As I clicked through the process, all of our info from the online check in was there including our photos and passport info. We shall see how things go at the port. 😉

Interesting, we did the same, but only see x-press passes in the app and have no option to check in again via the app. We will just have the printed passes along with those in the app for however they want to check us in.

I have previously logged in weeks ago.  When I opened the app today, I was met with some other "set up" questions - allow location services,  notifications, bluetooth, wifi and one or two more which I do not remember.   This never appeared before.  They must be updated the app as time get closer to the sailings,