Gala Night: Last Night of Cruise?

aaaaa

58 minutes ago, aaaaa said:

Is Gala Night ever the last night of the cruise (which is a sea day in my case)?  Thanks.

No, because you have to out your luggage out in the hallway for collection on the last night. For people who get dressed up for Gala Nights, it would mean rushing back to the room to change after dinner - especially if you have a later seating.  The last night's always been more casual.

Only in very unusual circumstances. We had a Gala night on the last night of the 4-day first cruise of the Koningsdam out of FLL, 11/9-13/16.   Lots of VIP's and TA's aboard that short cruise. 

Edited by jtl513

How many Gala nights on a 7 night cruise?

We have two Sea days, but the 2nd Sea day is the night before the cruise ends.  However, the night before that Sea day, we are in Cozumel until 11:00pm.  Would seem to me that the Cozumel night would also not be good for a Gal night.  :classic_blink:

Iamthesea - we are on the 12/2 Nieuw Amsterdam cruise also.  Our boarding passes show that there will be 2 Gala evenings but do not specify which nights.  I suspect that the first Gala night will be 12/3-Half Moon Cay, and the second will be 12/6-Georgetown, Cayman Islands. That way the 2 Gala evenings are spaced apart and do not make Cozumel (11 pm departure) a Gala night.  However, this is just my thinking, might be wrong.  

Thank you!  I missed that on the boarding passes.  You are probably correct about the spacing.  I just assumed that the first Gala night would be on the first Sea Day, as that's usually the way it's done.  Makes more sense to have it after HMC, as we leave at 4:00.

Something interesting that I did see on our boarded passes is the following wording.

"Dinner Seating: MAIN - Table of 6 upon request"    

We are suppose to have Late Seating with just the two of us.  What is MAIN, and why would they mention needing a larger table?

Edited by Iamthesea