MDR Dinner Menus on a 9 night itinerary?

danicolie

Hi,  We're doing 9 nights on Navigator in April (Southern).  Are they still using the Mojo, Saffron, Pimiento, Basil, etc.. menus?

And also... what happens on the extra 2 nights?  Do they repeat one of the menus from the first 7 nights?

Thinking that if menus repeat, those would be the best nights to book specialty dining. 

I will be on the 9-night Navigator next month and will try to post the menus, if not during then certainly afterwards. However, in the meantime, you could have a look at this 9-night Grandeur review, which has the menus for that cruise: 

From what I have seen on other recent live threads, the menus all seem to be pretty much the same fleet-wide with a few tweaks from ship to ship.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m pretty sure the named menus are no longer being used.  Menus do not get repeated, some dishes may be the same as on earlier menus but the entire menu is not the same.

Menus were repeated on the 13 day AD snowbird repo.

9 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I will be on the 9-night Navigator next month and will try to post the menus, if not during then certainly afterwards. However, in the meantime, you could have a look at this 9-night Grandeur review, which has the menus for that cruise: 

Fantastic!  Thank you so much!  If it's not too much trouble, the daily compasses would be awesome too but now I'm just pushing my luck.  heehee!  🙂  Enjoy your cruise!  

1 hour ago, danicolie said:

Fantastic!  Thank you so much!  If it's not too much trouble, the daily compasses would be awesome too but now I'm just pushing my luck.  heehee!  🙂  Enjoy your cruise!  

No, it won't be too much trouble. :classic_smile: Last year we did the 11-night cruise on Serenade and I saved all the compasses and posted them here on CC after we returned. I like to look at previous compasses before cruising too, just to get an idea of what to expect.

Our cruise will be Navigator's first 9-nighter of this season so there aren't any bang up-to-date compasses available yet but when I was researching our cruise I found them from the same cruise exactly one year previously, so November 2017. Here's the link if you want to take a look: https://issuu.com/hochmania/docs/merged.compressed_594c81d306dc79

35 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

No, it won't be too much trouble. :classic_smile: Last year we did the 11-night cruise on Serenade and I saved all the compasses and posted them here on CC after we returned. I like to look at previous compasses before cruising too, just to get an idea of what to expect.

Thank you!  We're on Navigator's last 9 night cruise of the season, Apr 12th.  We just booked.  We were struggling to decide between this one and the 11 nights on Serenade.  Similar itineraries.  In the end, deciding factors were that Serenade was over Easter and stores would have been closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday.  Also, our last 6 cruises have been on Oasis class and I saw a picture of Serenade parked next to Allure and I panicked!!!  lol!  I'm not sure if I'm ready to go that small yet!  Did you enjoy Serenade?  The ship itself?

Also Navigator is being "amped" in Jan/Feb which is exciting!  Ironically, our very first cruise was on Navigator 16 years ago where my cruise addiction began!  😃  

Anyway... still not sure if we made the right decision but I'm sure we can't go wrong with either one of them.  There's always next year!  Really looking forward to this Southern itinerary... 3 new islands for us!  

12 hours ago, danicolie said:

We were struggling to decide between this one and the 11 nights on Serenade. Did you enjoy Serenade?  The ship itself?   

Funnily enough we faced exactly that same quandary last year. The reasons we chose Serenade were that we were celebrating a landmark anniversary which would be on board with Serenade but not with Navigator, and the fact that we had a stop at St. Lucia, which was a bucket-list island for me. I did a trip report afterwards. If you want to take a look, it's here:

We did have a great cruise but in all honesty we would have preferred a larger ship. While we did not struggle to find things to do on Serenade, we really enjoy the Royal Promenade for snacks and people-watching and, of course Serenade doesn't have one, so we found we did miss that. We like the Voyager class ships because they can get to places that the Oasis family can't, plus the fact that the prices are usually cheaper since you're not paying for a lot of bells and whistles that, in our case, we don't usually use (except I do love the running track on the Oasis class).

This time round our new ports will be Labadee and Bonaire, so looking forward to both. :classic_smile: 

They seem to be numbered now.

Last cruise, in a GS, the menu left in the cabin had a number at the top corner.  And they were not presented in number order.

I also noticed an organizer on the service cart with the numbered menus.