Booked our first Celebrity cruise!

hiccups

After sailing on RCI and Azamara, we've finally booked a cruise on X.  I learned after we booked we'll be on Equinox's first cruise after dry dock, so I'm looking forward to being on a renovated ship.  Offering the "Go Best" promo for OV cabins and above was a great incentive to try Equinox.  It was great the loyalty reciprocity allowed us to get the one category upgrade to a 2B balcony.

One thing I haven't been able to hunt down yet, though, is if the specialty dining venues will be changing.  We are thinking about booking a package with our OBC, but wanted to check on what venues will be available.  If anyone can provide any info or point me in the right direction to find it, I'd appreciate it.

Welcome to Celebrity! We will be cruising on Equinox for the third time next year but not until September.

Celebrity Equinox speciality restaurants at present are Murano’s, Tuscan Grill and Silk Harvest. We haven’t heard of changes to the restaurants other than Q’sine on other S class ships changing to Le Petit Chef in recent months. It is possible Silk Harvest could make a similar change. We have experienced LPC on Reflection and it was fun but we would prefer to keep Silk Harvest. 

Like you will will will be looking for further updates....I wouldn’t mind a bit of a menu ‘refresh’ in Murano’s and Tuscan but I am hoping they don’t change to much....To use an old adage ‘If it works don’t fix it!’...

34 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Welcome to Celebrity! We will be cruising on Equinox for the third time next year but not until September.

Celebrity Equinox speciality restaurants at present are Murano’s, Tuscan Grill and Silk Harvest. We haven’t heard of changes to the restaurants other than Q’sine on other S class ships changing to Le Petit Chef in recent months. It is possible Silk Harvest could make a similar change. We have experienced LPC on Reflection and it was fun but we would prefer to keep Silk Harvest. 

Like you will will will be looking for further updates....I wouldn’t mind a bit of a menu ‘refresh’ in Murano’s and Tuscan but I am hoping they don’t change to much....To use an old adage ‘If it works don’t fix it!’...

Also Sushi on Five and Gastrobar

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:06 PM, hiccups said:

After sailing on RCI and Azamara, we've finally booked a cruise on X.  I learned after we booked we'll be on Equinox's first cruise after dry dock, so I'm looking forward to being on a renovated ship.  Offering the "Go Best" promo for OV cabins and above was a great incentive to try Equinox.  It was great the loyalty reciprocity allowed us to get the one category upgrade to a 2B balcony.

One thing I haven't been able to hunt down yet, though, is if the specialty dining venues will be changing.  We are thinking about booking a package with our OBC, but wanted to check on what venues will be available.  If anyone can provide any info or point me in the right direction to find it, I'd appreciate it.

We'll also be joining you on this cruise.  This will be our 1st Celebrity cruise and we chose an aft Sky Suite.  Got a couple of cruises before this one but very hopeful that Celebrity will be a nice treat for us.

Skip

6 minutes ago, Skip2MySue said:

We'll also be joining you on this cruise.  This will be our 1st Celebrity cruise and we chose an aft Sky Suite.  Got a couple of cruises before this one but very hopeful that Celebrity will be a nice treat for us.

Skip

Love suite perks enjoy luminae and Micheals

• Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 1:06 PM, hiccups said:

Be advised that package prices have recently increased significantly. At $129 pp, the 3-dinner package averages out to $43.00 per dinner - more expensive than the current cost at Silk Harvest and only a 14% savings at Murano and less than a 5% savings at Tuscan Grille. The $149 pp 4-dinner package at an average of $37.25 is still more expensive than Silk Harvest, a 25.5% savings at Murano and 18.2% savings at Tuscan Grille. So you may be better off waiting for an on-board discount.

On the other hand, who knows what their plans are for restaurant prices - perhaps the increase in package prices is a precursor for increases in restaurant prices.

17 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Be advised that package prices have recently increased significantly. At $129 pp, the 3-dinner package averages out to $43.00 per dinner - more expensive than the current cost at Silk Harvest and only a 14% savings at Murano and less than a 5% savings at Tuscan Grille. The $149 pp 4-dinner package at an average of $37.25 is still more expensive than Silk Harvest, a 25.5% savings at Murano and 18.2% savings at Tuscan Grille. So you may be better off waiting for an on-board discount.

On the other hand, who knows what their plans are for restaurant prices - perhaps the increase in package prices is a precursor for increases in restaurant prices.

Yes, I saw that the  package prices went up the other day and was very disappointed--we'll be passing on the package and looking for an on-board discount to try one or two of the specialty restaurants.  Usually when we sail a new cruise line we stick with the included venues just to get a feel for the quality of the food.  When we sailed on Oceania, we enjoyed that the specialty restaurants were included in the cruise fare.

29 minutes ago, printingchick said:

Booked my first Celebrity cruise also. I'll be on Summit in February 2020. (TOO LONG TO WAIT!!) I started on Carnival, then graduated to Royal, now trying Celebrity. Very excited!

Welcome to Celebrity. 🥂 Have you contacted the Celebrity's Captains Club (1-844-418-6824) and provided them with your RC C&A numbers? 

13 hours ago, Anniexrec said:

Do you get credits for sailing with RC towards Celebrity Captains Club?

RCI, X and Azamara have a reciprocal benefits program, so whatever level you are in one transfers to another.  We had only sailed on RCI before trying Azamara, but our platinum status on RCI allowed us to have Explorer level on Azamara.  My Captain's Club account shows only the points we've acquired on Azamara, but our status level is select because of the RCI reciprocity. 

Edited by hiccups

1 hour ago, hiccups said:

RCI, X and Azamara have a reciprocal benefits program, so whatever level you are in one transfers to another.  We had only sailed on RCI before trying Azamara, but our platinum status on RCI allowed us to have Explorer level on Azamara.  My Captain's Club account shows only the points we've acquired on Azamara, but our status level is select because of the RCI reciprocity. 

Tier levels are recipicol only up to Elite on Celebrity and Diamond on RC.