My View: Harmony of the Seas - 8 days of semi-live tips & too many pics!

APDMOM

Even the coffee tastes better in the Solarium: (I admit, it may be in my head)

A34BF823-4882-4198-A695-1E1833ECC283.thumb.jpeg.3255167b1d7c47e6149a4d4c3d0ee4f7.jpeg

One of the best things about the Solarium Bistro:  Look at all the space between tables.  You don’t feel like your neighbor is listening to every word you sat.  In the Main dining room, the tables are as little as 1-2 feet apart.  You can literally hold hands with the people at the next table without stretching.  DH overheard a guy tell his wife that he could steal the bread from our table... 😂

Solarium Bistro is the way to go.  Tip:  Most of the tables are 2-tops, so they easily move them together or apart to customize and accommodate the size of your group.

6D43DD00-7998-43B2-8910-4D417C7C3F31.thumb.jpeg.7689e635b3c40b50127d5afe86f66c46.jpeg

• Like 1

When the cruise comes to an end:

3AB4860A-09E1-4943-862B-568044C6169C.thumb.jpeg.2fa14fd426c104a3980e797796a35a7c.jpeg

61DBB16E-3366-40FF-BA5F-ABA406057C43.thumb.jpeg.2422a91558adab279b75f217fa7f0834.jpeg

Tip:  I usually take a picture of checked luggage before we board, as well as before we put them out at the cruise graveyard (outside the stateroom door, where they become headstones to indicate the cruise is over):

736035E1-3E7F-4983-9F4A-BB79AC3594FB.thumb.jpeg.db8c0fd6e857ea57e46263a066c4f86f.jpeg

• Like 1

Tomorrow, I will report on debarkation and start posting too many ship pictures.

Thank you for joining us on this cruise... loving Harmony 8 days a week.

But is she our new favorite?  Stay tuned for my summary and the verdict later this week.  🙂

Thanks for another great review, ADPMOM! I always enjoy following along with you. I've made note of a number of your tips that should apply to our upcoming cruise on Harmony's younger sister, Symphony. I will be looking for your review in June on MSC. Hope they have good internet! :classic_biggrin:

Edited to add: There's no such thing as too many pictures! Especially when they're as good as yours! 

I also noticed that you have cruises coming up on Celebrity and Brilliance! 🚢

Edited by perfect match
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, perfect match said:

Thanks for another great review, ADPMOM! I always enjoy following along with you. I've made note of a number of your tips that should apply to our upcoming cruise on Harmony's younger sister, Symphony. I will be looking for your review in June on MSC. Hope they have good internet! :classic_biggrin:

Edited to add: There's no such thing as too many pictures! Especially when they're as good as yours! 

I also noticed that you have cruises coming up on Celebrity and Brilliance! 🚢

Thank you, Nancy!  Yes, we are looking forward to 3 new ships (to us).  Enjoy Symphony!  One of these days we may afford a cruise on a “brand new” ship... Waiting for those summer 2020 Caribbean itineraries!  😁

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:03 AM, APDMOM said:

My View... End of day 5.

EE5EE59E-D301-409C-8C13-E055B2F40C36.thumb.jpeg.d0e8b5297c3b01723c88efc2f64465b3.jpeg

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:39 PM, APDMOM said:

Another Solarium Bistro Dinner:

Can I take this restaurant home with us?

Muzik Xpress:

We spent an hour listening to Muzik Xpress, our favorite band onboard, in Dazzles.   I will try to upload short video clips once I am home.  They are too large for CC.

My View: End of day 7... One of my most memorable cruise days in 29 cruises!

87780E69-CB9A-40D5-9BB0-6808D7B9BE34.thumb.jpeg.af477d60ccf727a82b923d59f566e41b.jpeg

Wow.  How did you get such a close up shot?  Must be using a tripod.  That is beautiful!!!

11 hours ago, kayehall said:

Wow.  How did you get such a close up shot?  Must be using a tripod.  That is beautiful!!!

Thank you, Kaye.  It is the camera 🙂 Nikon P900 - did not even need a tripod. 

Hello, Cruise Critic friends!  Sorry about two days of silence.  Thank you for hanging in there.  I took my sister on a cruise in 2006.  Since then, I always wanted to take my brother and his family too.  Last week, I was able to virtually give him and my mom a tour of Harmony, using Voom surf through a WhatsApp video call.  Sadly, he passed away unexpectedly from aggressive lymphoma yesterday.  I am so glad we could share a little bit of our passion with him last week.  Not that he cares right now, as he is dancing on streets of gold.  ❤️ 

• Like 4

Debarkation Experience:

We were given luggage tags number 2.  Usually, we like to linger on the ship, but we had a long drive and were glad we could get off relatively early.  We ate breakfast in Park Café, which was surprisingly quiet!  

Tip:  Check out Park Café or the Main dining room for breakfast on the last morning.  It is a much more relaxing way to end the cruise.

This was by far the fastest debarkation ever.  We never stood still in line until right by the port agent, where we were in the very front of the line.  We also easily found our checked luggage, as it was organized very clearly by numbers.  Port agents were asking for our number and showing us where to go.  They were extremely helpful and attentive.

Another thing that helped... There was a family behind us with luggage tag number 16, who tried to debark early.  The agent told them they would have to wait, as their number had not been called, and their luggage area was still roped off.  

We were off the ship and in the car at 8:20.

Edited by APDMOM
typo
  • Like 1

The Verdict:  My View of Harmony:

Overall, I would definitely rank Harmony and this cruise in the top 5 of our 29 cruises.  

Allure and Oasis are still my favorites, as they have the sports pool available for lap swimming, even for kids.  On Harmony, it is an adult only pool. I enjoyed the ice skating shows much more on Allure and Oasis.  

The Broadway shows on Harmony come out at the top, though.  The music talent was just the BEST I have heard on a ship.  No singers forced their voices.  They just truly had excellent musical talent, including top notch intonation.

I did not care at all for the location of the diamond lounge on Harmony.  We loved it on Oasis, as you could see the Boardwalk and the ocean.  

The aft seating for the wake view on Harmony is also poorly planned.  On Oasis and Allure, the adarondak chairs are flush against the aft, while Harmony’s jogging track prevents placement of chairs that close to the beautiful view.  I missed “Small Wonders” on Harmony.

However,  the crew on Harmony was the BEST we have sailed with.  They really seem happy and were friendly all the time.  I know Captain Johnny plays a big role in this, and his Captain’s Corner was my favorite to date.

We look forward to boarding Harmony again next November!

Edited by APDMOM
typo