Grand Princess..couple of questions

cruzrbachoua

Hi there we just booked the Grand Princess for Alaska 2020...have couple of questions:

Alfredos-is it just the pizza or the upgraded menu

Sabatinis-is it the old menu or the new tratorria menu

tvs-do they have the new interactive tvs with the on demand movies.  We will be in a suite and spending some time in there with our friends and watching the glaciers and such.

I think that is all I had for now...but of course any other info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

azbirdmom thank you so much. 

Now have you stayed in a suite...is there truly a cd player in there?

I know it says they charge for pizza delivery...do you know which pizza it is the lido deck or Alfredos?  Would love to be able to bring or have alfredos while we sit out there and watch the wake!

Great thanks...I got grand and golden mixed up...I thought it was the grand going to p&o but I think it is the star and golden...so yeah perhaps they will upgrad her...or keep her in classic grand class mode...I am fine with either but was just thinking and planning for what ifs... thanks for all the great info...now to go search for recent 7 day Alaska menus...

5 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

I know it says they charge for pizza delivery...do you know which pizza it is the lido deck or Alfredos?  Would love to be able to bring or have alfredos while we sit out there and watch the wake!

It’s only been the Lido deck pizza options on our cruises & not Alfredo’s pizzas.  I’ve read that suite passengers can order from the MDR menu to eat in their cabin...maybe you could also order from Alfredo’s? 🤔

Ooh Astro flyer I like the way you think...we had already planned on partaking in the fabulous MDR ordering while we watch the wake and enjoy the suite with our friends and our pajama party...lol.   But if we have to go pick up Alfredo’s...what a 1st world problem right...plus we may need the exercise since we won’t be walking up and down the stairs those extra times to head to MDR and such...lol😉😆

23 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Ooh Astro flyer I like the way you think...we had already planned on partaking in the fabulous MDR ordering while we watch the wake and enjoy the suite with our friends and our pajama party...lol.   But if we have to go pick up Alfredo’s...what a 1st world problem right...plus we may need the exercise since we won’t be walking up and down the stairs those extra times to head to MDR and such...lol😉😆

You cannot take food out of Alfredos and you cannot order room service from Alfredos either.

Only the MDR menus.

20 hours ago, cruzrbachoua said:

azbirdmom thank you so much. 

Now have you stayed in a suite...is there truly a cd player in there?

I think you have already had responses but since you asked me...

I have stayed in suites on Grand class ships but never on the Grand.  But my experience is that the DVD players have stayed in place until on demand TV is installed which very well could happen before your cruise.

And Alfredo's pizza isn't delivered - it's the usual pizza that's up on Lido deck as it is on other ships.

You did not ask this, but an interesting tidbit that I learned on our last cruise (on the Emerald Princess).  We ordered two pizzas from room service one evening--a pepperoni and a margherita.  These, of course, came from the Lido deck facility.  We were charge only one $3 service charge.  So, I guess they only charge for somebody to make one trip to the Lido deck, not how many boxes they have to carry.

:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, XBGuy said:

You did not ask this, but an interesting tidbit that I learned on our last cruise (on the Emerald Princess).  We ordered two pizzas from room service one evening--a pepperoni and a margherita.  These, of course, came from the Lido deck facility.  We were charge only one $3 service charge.  So, I guess they only charge for somebody to make one trip to the Lido deck, not how many boxes they have to carry.

As I understand it, room service pizza is not from the Lido deck counter but is made in the room service galley.

The $3 delivery charge (yes, one charge per delivery) is meant to discourage ordering pizza just because it is free. When there was no delivery charge, much of what was ordered was not eaten but was left for the cabin steward to remove.

11 hours ago, caribill said:

As I understand it, room service pizza is not from the Lido deck counter but is made in the room service galley.

That may very well be the case.  I just thought it was more than coincidental that the room service pizza menu was the same as the lido deck menu.

Now that I think of it, though, this may be a good thing.  My understanding is that on the Ruby Princess the Lido deck pizzeria was rebranded--I think it is now called "Slices" instead of "Prego"--recently, and it's menu has changed a bit.  Apparently, they no longer offer pepperoni pizza.   :classic_sad:    I wonder if room service offers pepperoni.  In a few weeks, I'll be able to check it out.

On 11/15/2018 at 5:16 PM, cruzrbachoua said:

Hi there we just booked the Grand Princess for Alaska 2020...have couple of questions:

Alfredos-is it just the pizza or the upgraded menu

Sabatinis-is it the old menu or the new tratorria menu

tvs-do they have the new interactive tvs with the on demand movies.  We will be in a suite and spending some time in there with our friends and watching the glaciers and such.

I think that is all I had for now...but of course any other info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

I was on the grand Hawaii cruise in March. 

1) Alfredo's was only pizza.

2) Sabatini's was the new menu.

3) TV's were not the new system.