Poor customer service from celebrity.

hal279@aol.com

We was on the Celebrity Constellation in Italy when it break its moorings which made us 10 hours late for our return to rome.We now that the weather is out of their hands.but customer service is not there was no Announcements for 3 hours.We all know now we was going to miss out flights home they then said there was free buses to take you to rome airport and it would take 5hours we take this option and there told to wait in our rooms which we did for 5 hours the next th we was sailing.again no Announcements you could not make it up.They did put free buses to take you from the port to the Airport but many of us did not make our flights.We could not get another flight for 2 days.so had to find a hotel at7 30pm not easy.in the end it cost us over a £1000 with hotels taxis and food .We have sent email to there so called customer services there say not there fault what a way to treat customers.

Celebrity will advise you to make you make a claim via your Insurance.

We were unable to get in St Petersburg due to high winds on July1/2nd 2018.

At a question and answer session, the Captain advised using your insurance company , as Celebrity’s T&C state they do not compensate for bad weather.

Unfortunately, our Travel Insurance did not cover missed ports.

That will surely depend on which jurisdiction you use?  For a UK cruiser within Europe there are significant statutory protections; between those and decent travel insurance pretty much everything (well except additional shopping!!) would be covered.  But for a US (or other non EU)  national, or someone with more limited travel insurance,  the situation could be very different.  You'll only get compensated to the extent the law allows.   I don't think there is any suggestion of negligence on X's part in the incident.  Not making announcements might not be great (although in fairness they might have been waiting until they had greater certainty) but it wouldn't have impacted the outcome for you.  I absolutely udnerstand why you feel aggrieved about it - but that won't necessarily amount to being able to get compensation.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, but I can’t agree with the statement from GastroGnome saying:

Not making announcements might not be great (although in fairness they might have been waiting until they had greater certainty) but it wouldn't have impacted the outcome for you”. 

I don’t know if you were on board Constellation 30th. October? I was!

We were told in the evening 29th. October that information about free coach departures from the port in La Spezia and to Fiumicino Airport in Rome, would be announced later in the evening/night. But unfortunately, it was not done as promised!

After a couple of hours in the night, my wife and I responded to the missing announcement about the coach departures. We left our stateroom with our baggage, and went down to Guest Relations on deck 3. The situation there turned out to be, you just had to queue up! - “first come, first served”.

We were lucky enough to get a coach ride from the port around 3 am. and to Fiumicino Airport in Rome, and we arrived in good time for our flight home.

13 hours ago, MizDemeanor said:

Insist that they compensate you fully. Don't settle for a penny less. 

You can insist until you're red in the face.  Doesn't mean it will do you any good.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MizDemeanor said:

Insist that they compensate you fully. Don't settle for a penny less. 

This was a weather related event that impacted many ships, air traffic and land travel.   Insisting on compensation for something over which Celebrity has no control is futile.  Even if Celebrity had communicated more frequently it would not have changed the outcome. 

Unfortunately the OPs insurance didn’t cover meals or accommodations many travel insurance policies do.

7 hours ago, jakob71 said:

Unfortunately, but I can’t agree with the statement from GastroGnome saying:

Not making announcements might not be great (although in fairness they might have been waiting until they had greater certainty) but it wouldn't have impacted the outcome for you”. 

I don’t know if you were on board Constellation 30th. October? I was!

We were told in the evening 29th. October that information about free coach departures from the port in La Spezia and to Fiumicino Airport in Rome, would be announced later in the evening/night. But unfortunately, it was not done as promised!

After a couple of hours in the night, my wife and I responded to the missing announcement about the coach departures. We left our stateroom with our baggage, and went down to Guest Relations on deck 3. The situation there turned out to be, you just had to queue up! - “first come, first served”.

We were lucky enough to get a coach ride from the port around 3 am. and to Fiumicino Airport in Rome, and we arrived in good time for our flight home.

We was on that cruise they told us to wait in our rooms with the DOOR open and wait for the announcement which we did and so did many others.The announcement never came.celebrity should hang there heads in shame over there Customer service .