Are the new TVs and On Demand in Interior Staterooms of Ruby?

Cruiseathoning

1 hour ago, Cruiseathoning said:

That is strange.  One Ruby review claims OnDemand came on two days into the cruise.  https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=638788  This is why I assumed it might have been rolling out slowly.

I guess your info is more current than mine then. Sorry.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49

It has been over 5 years since the On-Demand TV system first debuted on the Royal Princess.  It seems that other things may have taken priority over converting the rest of the fleet to this system.  My opinion is that On-Demand TV is more desirable than Ocean Medallion.   I am no technical expert but I would think that On-Demand TV would be much easier to retrofit onto ships than Ocean Medallion.

3 hours ago, Cruiseathoning said:

That is strange.  One Ruby review claims OnDemand came on two days into the cruise.  https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=638788  This is why I assumed it might have been rolling out slowly.

Thats not a very clear comment on whether the Ruby now has the on-demand system or not.

8 hours ago, Cruiseathoning said:

The cited review does NOT state that "OnDemand came on two days into the cruise."  It states that "we were supposed to get a video on demand just two days into the cruise."  Big difference!!!

8 hours ago, Cruiseathoning said:

As I understand it, ships working on the OM have I.T. people part of the crew. 

9 hours ago, San Diego Ellie said:

Just off three weeks on Ruby, and beginning of week two (inside cabin), they installed the On Demand Movies.  However, the selections are not at all as desirable as on Royal and Regal, not sure why.

So is the installation of the on demand tv system complete for the entire ship now? (Ruby)

20 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

The cited review does NOT state that "OnDemand came on two days into the cruise."  It states that "we were supposed to get a video on demand just two days into the cruise."  Big difference!!!

Change supposed to surprised and you have a much more accurate quote.  Bigger Difference!!!!!!

We were on the Ruby Nov 3-10. I can't help with the original question about interior staterooms, but our mini suite had nice, wall mounted flat screens. We indeed got the ungraded On Demand TV system about 1/2 way through our week cruise. Lots of choices of movies, but the TV shows typically had only 4 episodes of each (altho there were a ton of TV shows!).

We will be on the Emerald next Feb., and I have inquired here on CC if the TVs are wall mounted. Sadly, I was told they still have the old ones on the upper shelf.

Oh, and FYI, since the TVs on the Ruby are now on the wall, you have an additional 2 electrical outlets where the old TVs were!

1 minute ago, casandbliz said:

Oh, and FYI, since the TVs on the Ruby are now on the wall, you have an additional 2 electrical outlets where the old TVs were!

Not necessarily. We only had one outlet and two blanks where the TV used to be. I suspect it depends on the (de-)installer as to how many are left.

We disembarked 11/17/18. We were in C625 (inside). We had the big TV and On Demand. On the Wake show, Natalie said that they were working on putting the ship map  (where you've been, where you're going, etc.) on On Demand. 

Beds were comfy. Don't know if they were new. 

Just got off the Ruby yesterday. We had a balcony cabin on the Aloha deck. We had both the new comfy beds and the wall mounted flat screen tv with On Demand movies. Not sure if On Demand has been rolled out to the entire ship, but did not meet anyone grumbling about not having it!