*LIVE* From the Edge 12/1/2018

Kokomo91165

Background

It was a beautiful morning in Miami when Celebrity Cruises held its first Edge reveal in the new innovation lab at the Miami headquarters.  The ship was brought to life using advanced 3-D technology,  as well as cabin and design layouts.   Named Celebrity Edge, the ship was built to leave the future behind. It was that morning in Miami when life began to fill those animated images. Guests from around the world, including myself, looked at deck plans and drawings on paper  and imagined the future, December 2018, when this vision would become a beautiful reality.   Over the course of two years, reveals gave insight into dining, shopping, fitness, spa, staterooms, upper decks, and entertainment.    My imagination turned into anticipation, and now my anticipation has turned into excitement.

And thus, here we are in the future, November 2018.The Edge has just made her debut in Port Everglades, at a beautifully designed new terminal awaiting her arrival. Follow along beginning December 1, 2018 as we go to the Edge......

The Itinerary

Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA

Nassau, Bahamas

At Sea

Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA

The Stateroom

Infinite Veranda Deck 9

Dining Venues 

Normandie

Fine Cut

Magic Carpet

Questions

Please feel free to leave questions and commentary below, and I will do my best to answer all questions when  onboard or immediately following my cruise on the Edge.

44666201-5B40-449C-95A9-0B90E7D49C35.jpeg

06D1367C-F179-4558-84F8-854CC4CD1765.jpeg

Edited by Kokomo91165
  • Like 1

I will also be reading as many reviews as possible before I board for TA in April.  I might regret canceling Dec.16 afterall, but it was too close to Christmas and  not really an inaugural.  My price was fantastic though and with all four perks!  Time will tell...

Please post info on the embarkation luggage scanning equipment.  Noticed the new Miami terminal requires all luggage to fit in a scanner bin, no luggage on the rails.

several years ago we watched someone board with huge, oversized luggage.  Just having replaced the fourth damaged suitcase, we decided to try walking on (we always walk off, so why not try it).  

Now one suitcase with everything instead of two, one to check and one with cameras, meds, etc.  our luggage, after five years still looks like new, not battered and scuffed.

Thanks, in advance.

Celebrity Cruises App

Let me start by saying BRAVO Celebrity for embracing the App platform RCL is using. The App is available for download on the App Store and I highly recommend it.  The app includes the ability the review your seapass account, make reservations......and, by the looks of it, control certain aspects of your stateroom.  All these features require you to be on the Celebrity WiFi.  I will comment more about this once onboard.

We have also done the express check-in, uploading our photos and information online and now, using the app, have a boarding pass similiar to that of an airplane. Will let you know how this goes on December 1st.  

Yes the app is up and running but in Beta Stage.  It has hiccups and hopefully the problems will be worked out in the 3 cruises before you sail. Fingers crossed.

Vtcruising will be reporting on the 11/25 and 11/27 cruises as well as others including me, so you’ll get feedback about the app before you sail.

23 hours ago, cruiz10525 said:

Hi, could you please check to see if the part of  Magic Carpet goes past SS 10150?  Am on Jan cruise.  Interested to see what this sky suite looks like.

Thanks,

Rich

This cabin is an S1 and MC will go pass but from a distance.  Check out the deck plans by googling them.

Edited by Oville

8 hours ago, Oville said:

This cabin is an S1 and MC will go pass but from a distance.  Check out the deck plans by googling them.

Thanks so much.  I was able to watch the first sail-out on Wednesday from Fort Lauderdale, and have attached 3 pictures.

The ship is really neat, and different than any other I have seen.

Using the Starboard picture, and the deck plans from Celebrity site, I was able to see that the Magic Carpet will not come in front of the 10150 cabin.

The pictures show the bow, the starboard side with Magic Carpet, and then a full picture of the ship as it passed by.

Can't wait to be on it in January.

Happy Holidays to all.

Rich

1840936545_EDGESailout-bow.jpg.8fdb7516487dbaad5ef6974b591423f3.jpg1124624659_EDGESailout-Fromaft.jpg.0d27cfab4be9a5c8c556ce88f385fc87.jpg1793354860_EDGESailout-Starboard.jpg.35ebbc08694de3ab127ab08426587302.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you for starting this thread.  My family and I will be sailing in connecting veranda cabins in March.  I would like to know if they are connected through an interior wall or with an outside vestibule as I've seen on s-class ships.  We are in 7172 and 7174.  I know you cannot peek inside the cabin, but hoping that a vestibule would be obvious from the hallway .

Please give us your opinon on the comfort of the command areas - the seating and the lounge chairs. For some reason, there are many posts stating how uncomfortable the seating is based on photos.....weird. I added this to VTCruiser’s thread also.

Den

When you are on board, could you take pictures of the bar menus? I am wondering if my premium package will cover most if not all of the the specialty drinks at the different bars. When Molecular and WCB came out in the S class ships, some drinks you had to pay above the premium limit but with time pretty much all drinks were covered with the premium package. Thanks

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, alishac said:

Hi could you please find out how much the yoga and meditation classes are? Thank you. I'm so excited for your review!

You can buy classes in the cruise planner. I remember seen a price of $69 or something like that for 7 days

• Like 1