ms Koningsdam in Port Everglades November 21, 2018

Scrapnana

13 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

KK, I don't know if you have noticed, but only half of your magical charms are showing up in your signature - I think maybe you did the 50% sized cartoon (I don't know what they are called, really) that POA posted yesterday.  I used the 25% one, and it seems to be small enough to fit in the regular signature space.  :classic_smile:  

KK used the 25% version, but it only fits if it's on the top line of the signature. 

Just now, Happily@Sea said:

Since you are the expert, is there anyway to get the current time of posting back on these threads - especially the sailaway threads. 'one hour ago' just doesn't cut it.

No. It's not an option in the new software. I'm a big fan of of the full date and time display, but it is no longer available. Blues and sadness. :classic_sad:

The posting times bother me, too!  So far I am seeing more negatives than positives in the new system but I guess the internal running of the site (which I don't understand) is better with the new system.  

Thank you to the early birds who posted pictures of the sail-in.

No change in the schedule so far.

I'm not wild about the new Celebrity terminal. It's causing the HAL ships to be docked out of direct view from our balcony. I'm sorry you guys won't get to see the disco light show on the starboard side of the Edge. 

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Allan, you got a much better shot than I did, my screen was jumpy and I just got about 2/3 of the ship.

I think what happened is the photo takes a while to upload so you probably clicked multiple times thinking it wasn't happening/

Roy

Good to know you can upload six photos in a post.  That was an excellent test!  I was going to have to ask POA how many could be done at once.  :classic_smile:

23 minutes ago, POA1 said:

I'm not wild about the new Celebrity terminal. It's causing the HAL ships to be docked out of direct view from our balcony. I'm sorry you guys won't get to see the disco light show on the starboard side of the Edge. 

I think, then, that it's the passengers on Koningsdam who will have the best view!

Depending on who goes first...

Edited by Vict0riann

17 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good to know you can upload six photos in a post.  That was an excellent test!  I was going to have to ask POA how many could be done at once.  :classic_smile:

I don't know what the limit is in the new software. It was six before, but it's higher now.  Some of my little tutorials have a dozen images or more.  I kinda think it's a file size limit and not a number of images. 

file-limit.JPG.da345f8afbcc0dc7c8a3e83f2bbd5b6e.JPG

The images you upload now are stored in on the server:

https://content.invisioncic.com/

in the case of the one I uploaded in the post above, it's in the directory:

j283755

which I assume is probably a CC directory on the CDN (content distribution network) run by Invision.

It's in the subdirectory:

monthly_2018_11

and the file name is:

file-limit.JPG.da345f8afbcc0dc7c8a3e83f2bbd5b6e.JPG

The highlighted part is my original file name. The CDN puts the rest of the stuff at the end.

The full URL of the image is:

https://content.invisioncic.com/j283755/monthly_2018_11/file-limit.JPG.da345f8afbcc0dc7c8a3e83f2bbd5b6e.JPG

19 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I wonder if the Edge is built like the Oasis class, only set up for boarding on the starboard side.  I hope she doesn't ALWAYS need to back out into the basin.

Roy

I'm not sure. They're docked starboard to right now because that's the side with the Magic Carpet and they were doing a lot of press availabilities the past couple of days. Of course they may want to greet new passengers with that side all the time. 

4 minutes ago, POA1 said:

I'm not sure. They're docked starboard to right now because that's the side with the Magic Carpet and they were doing a lot of press availabilities the past couple of days. Of course they may want to greet new passengers with that side all the time. 

One thing I know; I have absolutely no desire to find out first hand. 

Roy

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

One thing I know; I have absolutely no desire to find out first hand. 

Roy

Like me, you're probably holding out for the go cart track on NCL. :classic_biggrin:

Are you in Fort Lauderdale today? 

15 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Koningsdam now 1700.

Roy

That's unfortunate, I may be able to watch - but my other screen (used for posting) will be taken up watching volleyball [live streaming] a conference game that is important at this, the end of the season..

5 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Like me, you're probably holding out for the go cart track on NCL. :classic_biggrin:

Are you in Fort Lauderdale today? 

No, I'm on the Grandeur of the Seas headed for Baltimore, now about 5 hours South of the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay.

Roy