Problem entering own flight info into cruise personalizer

Optotronics

When I try to enter our own flight info into the personalizer, it keeps telling me both flight numbers are invalid. Southwest Airlines says otherwise.

This has never happened in the past to us.

ive tried several times over the past few weeks and tried adding the airline prefix code to the flight number as well; but nothing works.

i would like to get it in the system for the purposes disembarkment day or an emergency where they would need this info.

anyone have any ideas or is this happening to everyone?

2 minutes ago, Optotronics said:

When I try to enter our own flight info into the personalizer, it keeps telling me both flight numbers are invalid. Southwest Airlines says otherwise.

ive tried several times over the past few weeks and tried adding the airline prefix code to the flight number as well; but nothing works.

i would like to get it in the system for the purposes disembarkment day or an emergency where they would need this info.

Are your flights non stop or connecting?

Are you putting the correct airline record number in?

Princess assigns their own number, don't use that one.

Could be that your flights have unacceptable departure or arrival times.  If so, just pick any flights that are at acceptable times and put them in.  It really doesn't matter if you've booked on your own unless you plan to use EZ Check for your luggage.  If this is the reason for your flights not being accepted, just realize that you're doing so at your own risk (and I'm sure you do).

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

If you have connecting flights, you have to put both legs of the flight into the personalizer.  Otherwise, the destination location doesn't match up and the system says the flights are invalid.  In my case, I fly from Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale, with a connection in Toronto.  I have to put the Vancouver to Toronto leg in first, and then make a separate entry for the Toronto to Fort Lauderdale leg.

However, if connecting flights isn't the issue for you, is there a possibility the airline has changed your flight and not notified you yet?

19 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Could be that your flights have unacceptable departure or arrival times.  If so, just pick any flights that are at acceptable times and put them in.  It really doesn't matter if you've booked on your own unless you plan to use EZ Check for your luggage.  If this is the reason for your flights not being accepted, just realize that you're doing so at your own risk (and I'm sure you do).

That does not matter. It will give a red letter warning pop that they are too early etc up but you can still enter them.

I do this often and have no issue entering them anyway.

It is important to put in the correct flights so that Princess has them.

I don't even get the option to add my own flights. I have a green tab that says "Book Flights" or something similar but I can't find where I can enter my own details. I'm arriving three days earlier in Anchorage before a land tour and my transfer from the airport is still covered as long as I let them know my flight arrival time but can't find where to enter it. I assumed in Personalizer it would be under the flights tab but I only get the option above. Can anyone assist?

16 minutes ago, leck57 said:

I don't even get the option to add my own flights. I have a green tab that says "Book Flights" or something similar but I can't find where I can enter my own details. I'm arriving three days earlier in Anchorage before a land tour and my transfer from the airport is still covered as long as I let them know my flight arrival time but can't find where to enter it. I assumed in Personalizer it would be under the flights tab but I only get the option above. Can anyone assist?

Do you have EZ Air flights? if you do your flights are already in there.

If not.......

Look under the travel arrangements  tab in your booking in the personalizer and then provide independent flight into section.

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Are your flights non stop or connecting?

Are you putting the correct airline record number in?

Princess assigns their own number, don't use that one.

We are on non stop one direction and 2 stops the other. It gives the invalid flight on both.

i see a position to enter the airline record number, but since there is not an asterisk indicating it's required, we have never entered one. If I open the southwest app with my flight info, it only has the flight number, confirmation number and date/time...no airline record number.

incoming flight to fll is the day before the cruise and return is in the evening upon disembarkation.

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Do you have EZ Air flights? if you do your flights are already in there.

If not.......

Look under the travel arrangements  tab in your booking in the personalizer and then provide independent flight into section.

Thanks for your response but I must be thick. In the past we have used EZ Air flights and they have been in the Personalizer however this time we are not using EZ Air.

You say to look under the travel arrangements tab - in the Personalizer I have the following tabs : Booking Summary, Guest Check in, Excursion Reservations, On Board reservations, Specialty Dining Reservations, Flights, Calendar and Planning, Payment, Payments and Credits. In flights I have an option "Find and Book Flights" but that's all.

4 hours ago, Optotronics said:

Since you are on Southwest, I assume the prefix was WN and not SW.

7 hours ago, leck57 said:

Thanks for your response but I must be thick. In the past we have used EZ Air flights and they have been in the Personalizer however this time we are not using EZ Air.

You say to look under the travel arrangements tab - in the Personalizer I have the following tabs : Booking Summary, Guest Check in, Excursion Reservations, On Board reservations, Specialty Dining Reservations, Flights, Calendar and Planning, Payment, Payments and Credits. In flights I have an option "Find and Book Flights" but that's all.

Give Princess a call. They can enter them and figure out why you can’t access that section. 

I entered my independent flight information (southwest) and got conformation on the direct flight to my destination but got an error on my southwest flight back home. The trip home had a connection so 2 legs. Just went in and changed my destination to the connection airport and it comes up as no errors... Guess the two legs or connecting flights gives the system a headache :classic_biggrin: ... 

26 minutes ago, tdeyette said:

I entered my independent flight information (southwest) and got conformation on the direct flight to my destination but got an error on my southwest flight back home. The trip home had a connection so 2 legs. Just went in and changed my destination to the connection airport and it comes up as no errors... Guess the two legs or connecting flights gives the system a headache :classic_biggrin: ... 

I do the same especially.

On an international flight I had....... 

Had a flight  from BCN-IAH-DEN.

I just put in the BCN-IAH flight only and it took it. 

On 11/20/2018 at 6:52 PM, Optotronics said:

The best way in my opinion is to contact Princess & let them enter the information. Have you contacted them?

Tom😎

It's fixed now, but I don't know how.

ive been trying this off and on for the past couple months and I've done it before first time.

all I did different from all the other try's is that last night I deleted all the failed attempts from the personalizer and left it that way over night. This afternoon I tried again and it worked the first time:)

On 11/20/2018 at 11:27 PM, leck57 said:

I ran into the same problem with arriving before the departure date in Anchorage.  It would not take my information and I was concerned because I had the transfer from the airport as well. I had booked through a TA and they had to call Princess to ensure that our transfer would still be valid even though the flight information would not take. If you e booked directly through Princess, I would suggest calling them to discuss the situation. 

One suggestion for your your arrival at Anchorage airport for transfer - get there pretty early if you want one of the first busses. We managed to snag the last couple of seats on one of the first busses to leave (had enough time to enjoy a coffee). They fill the busses as people arrive and it seems like a lot of folks get there after midnight and just sleep at the airport (not sure when the Princess reps start handing out bus assignments).   Enjoy Alaska!

3 hours ago, FLCruise7 said:

I ran into the same problem with arriving before the departure date in Anchorage.  It would not take my information and I was concerned because I had the transfer from the airport as well. I had booked through a TA and they had to call Princess to ensure that our transfer would still be valid even though the flight information would not take. If you e booked directly through Princess, I would suggest calling them to discuss the situation. 

One suggestion for your your arrival at Anchorage airport for transfer - get there pretty early if you want one of the first busses. We managed to snag the last couple of seats on one of the first busses to leave (had enough time to enjoy a coffee). They fill the busses as people arrive and it seems like a lot of folks get there after midnight and just sleep at the airport (not sure when the Princess reps start handing out bus assignments).   Enjoy Alaska!

Thanks, most helpful. I booked through a TA so I'll get them to call.

Regarding the transfer, I would hope we would not be held up too long waiting to fill a bus. We arrive 4 days before the tour starts and we will also have been travelling over 24 hours by the time we get to Anchorage. 

10 hours ago, Optotronics said:

It's fixed now, but I don't know how.

ive been trying this off and on for the past couple months and I've done it before first time.

all I did different from all the other try's is that last night I deleted all the failed attempts from the personalizer and left it that way over night. This afternoon I tried again and it worked the first time:)

Glad it's done.

5 hours ago, leck57 said:

Regarding the transfer, I would hope we would not be held up too long waiting to fill a bus. We arrive 4 days before the tour starts and we will also have been travelling over 24 hours by the time we get to Anchorage. 

It seems like we got to the airport around 10 (this was last year, so I can't recall exact times). The first bus left around 11 or so.  I think they start departing when the buses arrive with passengers coming off the cruises. But, by that time, I think they had passengers lined up for several buses. They gave us boarding cards so we did not have to stand in a line waiting. We were able to find a nice spot to wait until our bus left. 

Hope that makes sense.  

5 hours ago, leck57 said:

That is one reason why I just handle my own transfers.  in Anchorage it is super easy.  A taxi to pretty much any hotel in the city will set you back $25 or less (not per person - this is the total).  I can't imagine Princess doing the transfer any less expensive than this.  Uber and Lyft would be even less expensive.

Edited by frugaltravel