Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Chiliburn

Ovation entertainment

Recommended Posts

Anyone know who the bands are on ovation this season ??

Rock the boat and Lucy Dobero didn't get the contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bon Jovi Experience was on Singapore to Sydney. The same guys departed the ship in Fremantle and got back on in Adelaide as a different band. I’ve forgotten which one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cruisine21 said:

Bon Jovi Experience was on Singapore to Sydney. The same guys departed the ship in Fremantle and got back on in Adelaide as a different band. I’ve forgotten which one.

Thank you cruisine21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need to book a ticket for the PIXELS SHOW, It is free but is held at TWO70 and not enough room for 4000 ppl, and only 3 times during my 10 night cruise. Book your tix on your cruise planner and print off. 

This is in addition to the shows in theatre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only problem with 270 is the unconventional seating so many seats aren't that good for Pixels. Best to scope it out early so you know where you want to sit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately Rock the Boat hasn’t been resigned by RC and we missed them on our recent Ovation cruise. A group called Pulse onboard, nothing close to RtheB.

Lucy Dobro band was playing in Boleros.

Tropical Pleasure duo around the pool or Boleros

Piano melodies with Albert in the Schooner Bar and Martin in the Pub.

There was also a Tribute to U2 on.

Pixels still very popular (prebooking advised)

Live Long Legs and the Dream still on as well.

Some of the movies 2 weeks ago, were Mama Mia - Here we go again, Incredibles 2 in 3D and Oceans 8.

 Trivia was impossible to get to (Schooner Bar). But this was the cruise before CD Joff Eaton arrived and with his very amusing progressive trivia in 270.

This was our 3rd cruise on Ovation and least enjoyable for a variety of reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2018 at 7:01 AM, megsie said:

Unfortunately Rock the Boat hasn’t been resigned by RC and we missed them on our recent Ovation cruise. A group called Pulse onboard, nothing close to RtheB.

Lucy Dobro band was playing in Boleros.

Tropical Pleasure duo around the pool or Boleros

Piano melodies with Albert in the Schooner Bar and Martin in the Pub.

There was also a Tribute to U2 on.

Pixels still very popular (prebooking advised)

Live Long Legs and the Dream still on as well.

Some of the movies 2 weeks ago, were Mama Mia - Here we go again, Incredibles 2 in 3D and Oceans 8.

 Trivia was impossible to get to (Schooner Bar). But this was the cruise before CD Joff Eaton arrived and with his very amusing progressive trivia in 270.

This was our 3rd cruise on Ovation and least enjoyable for a variety of reasons.

Could you tell us what time the shows were -   wanting to booking dinner reservations.   

Thanks  Judy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot depends on the length of your cruise and the planning of the cruise director.

But in Nov the early Headliner show was mostly 6.45 and late show at 8.45.

Formal night was night 2, with a Captain’s reception at 7.15pm in the Royal Esplanade.

Plus Pixels shows we’re on at 7.30 and 9.30pm (reservations) as well as the 2 headliner  shows, 10.15 majority rules game and a late night comedian at 10.30pm. As well as other quizzes, dancing, amusements etc.

So it can get very busy on a shorter 5 night cruise but a little less hectic when we have been on longer cruises on Ovation.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucy dobro is on this season but can’t find out who the other resident band is.

 I will be on ovation a bit over a week so will I find out.

Edited by Chiliburn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In November the band in the music hall was called Pulse, a generic type house band.

They usually have a tribute band onboard as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, megsie said:

In November the band in the music hall was called Pulse, a generic type house band.

They usually have a tribute band onboard as well. 

Thanks.

 I tried to research pulse band but every country seems to have a pulse band or two.

Suppose you don’t recall what country?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Pulse was the house band - Lucy Dobero was still on - there is also an INXS Tribute which was excellent - they played 2 shows one in Music Hall the other in 270

 

And contrary to most I found Pixels pretty ordinary - apart from the technology - sound was very muddy and vocals hard to hear and decipher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were disappointed with the entertainment this time on Ovation...Pulse had nothing on RtheB, the Pub guy was boring and the piano man was more classical when we went past...they had 2 on the piano but don't know what the 2nd guy was like.  The INXS tribute band was just fantastic.  The dance floor in the Music Hall was near empty most of the time Pulse played.  We just found there was very little interaction with the passengers....you want people on the dance floor then you have to show more enthusiasm.  Wish they would bring back Rock The Boat...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 12:57 PM, Queensland Girl said:

Could you tell us what time the shows were -   wanting to booking dinner reservations.   

Thanks  Judy

Hi Judy,

Just booked Voyager 18 March 2020

Craig & Sandra(kids)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NumnuT said:

Hi Judy,

Just booked Voyager 18 March 2020

Craig & Sandra(kids)

Hi Kids  Craig & Sandra,     Good on you -  I will have to look into Voyager for then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  XX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Queensland Girl said:

Hi Kids  Craig & Sandra,     Good on you -  I will have to look into Voyager for then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  XX

plenty of GS left for you guys!

😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...