RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

An update on my bids, sometime today they all changed back to pending and are able to be modified. The CLS shows “upgrade unavailable” but it can also be modified. Looks like I missed out on that round. 

4 hours ago, adidas5676 said:

Congrats!  We will be in Allure 1732 in April so your future neighbor!  Can you share what your bid was on it?

I only bid $100 over the minimum for the Crown Loft. I bid much higher for some Star Class cabins (Star Loft and Aqua theater 2-bedroom) but did not get them.   

• Like 2

Hi All, 

I am new! Thanks a lot for your contributions, I've found the forum really helpful to me.

So, just in case it helps find below my experience:

Booked an Interior Guarantee room on the Freedom of the Seas on 28 March

Received the Royal up email invitation on 16 Feb with the following upgrade options:

• Ocean View Balcony - Minimum bid from $50 USD pp
  • Ultra Spacious Ocean View - From $35 USD pp
  • Spacious Panoramic Ocean View - From $30 USD pp
  • Spacious Ocean View - From $25 USD pp
  • Ocean View - From $20 USD pp
  • Spacious Interior - From $15 USD pp
  • Promenade View Interior - From $10 USD pp

We just bid for the Ocean view balcony, Ultra spacious Ocean view and the Panoramic view. 

Last week I checked and all the above bids were still in pending state but for the first time I could bid for a Speacious Ocean view Balcony ($80) , Junior Suite ($85) and some other suites (from $225pp...)

Hope this helps  😃

• Like 3

How does this works? I've never received and e-mail from Royal Up on any of my previous cruises. 

For my next cruise I've tried to go directly to the Royal Up page and enter my information, then a pop up says "Please wait while we check your eligibility", and a spinning wheel, buy it stays there forever.

19 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

How does this works? I've never received and e-mail from Royal Up on any of my previous cruises. 

For my next cruise I've tried to go directly to the Royal Up page and enter my information, then a pop up says "Please wait while we check your eligibility", and a spinning wheel, buy it stays there forever.

How far away is your next cruise?

43 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

Thanks! Let's hope that's the problem. 

I am on the Wonder TA April 20th and received the RU email a few days after the 45 day boarding pass info was entered. So look for yours just after you fill in that info and get your boarding time.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

I just got mine yesterday for Odyssey sailing on the 7th of May (so 53 days out).

Note, however, that not everyone gets to do Royal Up. Some travel agents don't allow it and it may also depend on your market. I don't know if it's worldwide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carlosalonsor said:

Did you book the cruise directly through Royal or through a travel agent?  There are some travel agents that don’t participate in the Royal Up program. 

• Like 1

Just now, redsox1584 said:

Did you book the cruise directly through Royal or through a travel agent?  There are some travel agents that don’t participate in the Royal Up program. 

Wow! This might be the problem.

I thought that it didn't matter if you booked directly or through a travel agent, I did the last one. 

1 minute ago, carlosalonsor said:

Wow! This might be the problem.

I thought that it didn't matter if you booked directly or through a travel agent, I did the last one. 

Yes, it depends on the travel agent. There is at least one big travel agency that doesn't participate so if you happen to book through them you don't get the chance to bid.

But for sure, you're too far out yet anyway, so definitely try again nearer the time.

• Like 1

Just chiming in to add that I received my Royal up invite to bid this week at exactly 90 days out (sailing mid June on harmony). I was not expecting it this early.  I was also surprised that being in a Central Park balcony I was able to bid on all the big suites.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChristyLNDRN said:

I was also surprised that being in a Central Park balcony I was able to bid on all the big suites.  

When I sailed on Harmony in September in a BW balcony cabin I was only offered up to a JS. But for my upcoming Odyssey sailing, even though I'm in a lowly obstructed balcony cabin, I'm able to bid all the way up to the Royal Loft Suite. Think I'm going to bid on it just for fun. 😆

1 minute ago, FionaMG said:

But for my upcoming Odyssey sailing, even though I'm in a lowly obstructed balcony cabin, I'm able to bid all the way up to the Royal Loft Suite.

Somewhat recently and closer to sailing, RCI seems to have removed the previous two major category bidding limit within the program.

4 hours ago, Nantes said:

Hi All, 

I am new! Thanks a lot for your contributions, I've found the forum really helpful to me.

So, just in case it helps find below my experience:

Booked an Interior Guarantee room on the Freedom of the Seas on 28 March

Received the Royal up email invitation on 16 Feb with the following upgrade options:

• Ocean View Balcony - Minimum bid from $50 USD pp
  • Ultra Spacious Ocean View - From $35 USD pp
  • Spacious Panoramic Ocean View - From $30 USD pp
  • Spacious Ocean View - From $25 USD pp
  • Ocean View - From $20 USD pp
  • Spacious Interior - From $15 USD pp
  • Promenade View Interior - From $10 USD pp

We just bid for the Ocean view balcony, Ultra spacious Ocean view and the Panoramic view. 

Last week I checked and all the above bids were still in pending state but for the first time I could bid for a Speacious Ocean view Balcony ($80) , Junior Suite ($85) and some other suites (from $225pp...)

Hope this helps  😃

Just received a notification that my bid was accepted for the ocean view balcony!  Not expecting to happen so early!  
(we did not bid for the JS or any other above categories)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, carlosalonsor said:

Just received email today for our April 29 sailing. We are in an inside cause all that was available when booked. We were able to bid on everthing from BOGO insides and a promenade up to 2 bed/2 bath suite.

Edited by fredmdcruisers
Spell

3 hours ago, ChristyLNDRN said:

Just chiming in to add that I received my Royal up invite to bid this week at exactly 90 days out (sailing mid June on harmony). I was not expecting it this early.  I was also surprised that being in a Central Park balcony I was able to bid on all the big suites.  

We received our Royal Up for our mid May cruise a few weeks ago.  We are in a suite and can bid on all star class suites starting at very low opening bids.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, carlosalonsor said:

booked 12/9  

up grade bid 2/16

cruise 5/1

• Like 1

We got our email today for our Quantum Alaska Cruise leaving May 30th.

We are in an Obstructed View Balcony.  Here are our choices.

UPGRADE OPTIONS
priced per person for the entire length of your cruise

upgrade IMAGE

Grand Suite with Large Balcony - 1 Bedroom
Our Grand Suites with its wrap around balcony with private dining and sitting area is sure to please. Enjoy Royal Suite Class and your exclusive experiences under Sky Class.

From $260 USD pp

SEE DETAILS

upgrade IMAGE

Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom
Our Grand Suites offer a comfortable bedroom, a living area and a private balcony. Enjoy Royal Suite Class and your exclusive experiences under Sky Class.

From $230 USD pp

SEE DETAILS

upgrade IMAGE

Junior Suite
These suites offer a living area with a sofa bed. Enjoy Royal Suite Class and indulge in the amenities under Sea Class.

From $120 USD pp

SEE DETAILS

upgrade IMAGE

Spacious Ocean View Balcony
Enjoy beautiful views of exotic ports, landscapes, seas and skies from your large private balcony.

Stateroom may be a larger balcony or larger room.

From $60 USD pp

SEE DETAILS

upgrade IMAGE

Ocean View Balcony
Vast views of the landscapes, seascapes and skies are yours to enjoy from your private balcony.

From $50 USD pp

• Like 1