RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, familycruzinnewbie said:

How can you check you bids - the only way I found was to go into my confirmation email and click to edit or delete one of the bids and then the others show as pending but it wants you to edit or delete the one you clicked on.

i am booked for GTY ocean view room in July on the Serenade It’s a pretty booked cruise though some rooms have opened up since the royalup email so not sure if bids have been accepted or more cabins have been added as they increase capacity. I put in minimum bids for all the balcony and above cabins other that owners suite. I didn’t put bids in for spacious ocean view or ultra spacious ocean view, not sure if I should. I wish I knew what I was getting for my GTY.

To check the status of bids try this link:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

Maybe you will be get a hint of your cabin assignment from your set sail bar code after you check in for your cruise (45 days out)🤞 if your assignment does not show up in “my cruises” by then.  If so, that is a reasonable time to re-evaluate whether to bid on those options.  

4 hours ago, okiedrifters said:

Hi everyone! Just checked my bids for my June 20th sailing. All expired EXCEPT one and it is pending and I can’t adjust the bid. For those of you who successfully had a pending you couldn’t adjust, how long was it before your CC was charged or you received the confirmation email? I KNOW this does not always mean success…just wondering the time line for this scenario. 

Others on the same cruise can adjust theirs and their has not expired. My current cabin category is sold out.  

Since I have never won a bid, I’m confused….😅

Thanks! 

Our last cruise was March 12, 2022.  On February 17th one bid showed expired and the second showed pending. The next day, February 18th around 7:30AM the Congrats letter came through and my CC was also already charged. 

You are in a good position and may win your pending bid. Good luck.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 10:44 AM, carlosalonsor said:

6 offers now showing Expired for a cruise in 4 weeks, one however shows Pending and can't be modified. Fingers crossed. 

Couple of days since and still pending here, no CC charge yet. 😬

1 hour ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Our last cruise was March 12, 2022.  On February 17th one bid showed expired and the second showed pending. The next day, February 18th around 7:30AM the Congrats letter came through and my CC was also already charged. 

You are in a good position and may win your pending bid. Good luck.

Thank you for the encouragement! 🤞🏻 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 7:28 AM, okiedrifters said:

Wow! I just won the RoyalUp for our 2nd cabin! Elated!!! This was from an OV to a Jr Suite! Rhapsody, June 20th from Rome. It’s a surprise for my DIL!

Good luck everyone! 

Now that's how dishes get done!  Congratulations

Has anyone won a Royalup to a Royal Suite (NOT Oasis or Quantum class)? If so, how early were you notified? I’m watching our upcoming cruise and it looks like Royalup bids for Owners Suites and below were awarded, but the 2 bedroom Grand Suites (both are available) and the Royal Suite are still open. I’m curious if they usually wait to award those large suites.

17 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It's usually at the top of the page (the one which shows all offers/bids).

Thanks.  Says pending but cruise is July 22.  Not that I expect to get it's on EN and there's only like 8-10 GS and all suites are currently sold out.  We just thought we'd try as our other cruises are b2b on Jewel and don't want to risk our cabins as we're staying in the same one for each b2b.

Edited by BND

On May 17th 6 offers changed to Expired for my Odyssey cruise on June 19th, one however changed to Pending and can't be modified since. How long has taken for the accepted/rejected mail to arrive for those who has been in the same situation? 

On 5/19/2022 at 7:14 PM, Floating Lanai said:

I’m sure this has been answered numerous times

looking to confirm 

it opens 30 days from sail date?

do I have to be proactive or will offers or the option to bid be sent to me? 

can someone help confirm if I have to wait until the 30 day mark from sailing and if I’ll be notified of my options to bid? 

I received a royal up bid invitation for my August 5, 2022 Oasis cruise!  Wow that really has come early.  Didn't even go on my May 26, 2022 Adventure cruise.  Since we have our favorite crown loft suite, probably will not bid-  However, we are interested in trying star class someday!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Floating Lanai said:

can someone help confirm if I have to wait until the 30 day mark from sailing and if I’ll be notified of my options to bid? 

Being able to bid has little to do with being 30 days out - that error message is posted for a variety of reasons, but unlikely due to being more than 30 days out. You may never get an invitation to bid but may still be able do so. Check with others on your sailing (via Roll Call thread or other method) if they are able to bid.

Edited by Biker19

11 hours ago, carlosalonsor said:

On May 17th 6 offers changed to Expired for my Odyssey cruise on June 19th, one however changed to Pending and can't be modified since. How long has taken for the accepted/rejected mail to arrive for those who has been in the same situation? 

It took one week before we got our accepted mail from Royal.

• Thanks 1

We are in a JS on our June sailing of the Wonder of the Seas. The higher category suites have been sold out for months, yet we received an offer to bid on them. Has anyone won their bid under these circumstances? With under 30 days to go, I don’t see a lot of availability opening up. My JS is not under particularly high demand as there are still 2 available.