A New Twist on Chair Hogs

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

We were Diamond before our last cruise so we went up to the Diamond Lounge the first evening.  After that we just got our drinks at whatever bar we were sitting in before dinner.  Maybe I am missing something but we really didn't see a need to be up there. 

Snacks are nice, plus 24 hr specialty coffee.

• Like 1

The snacks looked good but if I eat them, I am not hungry for dinner.  I forgot about the coffee.  I might run up and get some in the afternoon but not later in the day.  So no worries that we will become chair hogs for this venue.  LOL

On 11/27/2018 at 8:27 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

I will handle these hogs the same way I handle

the “pool side” variety. Pick up the unattended items and move them out of my way. 

Me, too.  I'll put them on the empty bar top so it looks like the staff collected them.  We go to the Viking Crown to read in the afternoon, too, so a few days of belongings being collected will send the message.  If the whole line-up of "hoggy" belongings are on the bar, it sends a HUGE message.

Funny. We saw this behavior on last week’s LOTS sailing and at Olive and Twist, the designated Diamond Club overflow area during Happy Hour.Two Pinnacles wearing their gold name tags placed a pair of magazines on one of the two-top bistro tables and left. After 15 minutes, we went over to the table with our cocktails, relocated their items to the bar and sat. They never returned. 

I always go up to the Viking Crown to read and hang out during the day. It's usually quiet up there. If I had witnessed this, I would have definitely moved the belongings. That is ridiculous. Also, I couldn't care less about having a seat for the Diamond event, as with the exception of two cruises, where I hung out with some really nice people that I met on here, it is just too stuffy in there. oh well.