Bliss / Live / Solo - Dec-01-08-2018...

sid_9169

21 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Talk about ripping the rug out from under someone. I just found out that there's a time change tonight. 9:54  all the sudden becomes 10:54...

IMG_20181202_215323.jpg

Ugh. Hopefully you get an extra hour another night. CCL stays on ship time but I sprung forward on the Breeze this year and didn’t like it at all.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Ugh. Hopefully you get an extra hour another night. CCL stays on ship time but I sprung forward on the Breeze this year and didn’t like it at all.

Wow. This is a good point. I’ve asked on another thread if they move the clocks back. The ship is still slated to go to Nassau, which is back in the other time zone, so hopefully they will gain the hour. 

3 hours ago, MsJersey84 said:

We are super excited about our a Breakaway cruise in Oct but are worried about the night life.. On Carnival we normally do a comedy show or productions list show, drinks and then late night pizza.  Maybe a stop by at the dance club if it looks like the spot to be, but I have seen some reviews that says NCL night life ends at about 11pm.. Can you give some insight to this?? 

Four nights out of the seven Howl At The Moon will be active from about 800-1230.  It's a dueling piano bar that has 3 musicians that rotate two at a time 40 minutes on and 20 minutes off. Saw them 3 times on the Escape.  Much better than the Carnival piano bar.

• Like 3

Just binge read your review so far, loving it!  Agree on the feet thing, feet repulse me.  I’d be less grossed out if people were sitting on the couches with their bare butts, at least they wipe those.  Not sure why people think it is okay to put bare feet on furniture, blah!  Feet, vomit, and discarded underwear, can it get any worse?  And personally, drinking on a cruise starts from the minute I wake up to the minute I go to bed.........I think you are fine.  It’s a vacation.  Like you, I sort of don’t feel it.  On the Breakaway there were people drunk beyond words after shot o’clock, missing their dinner reservations etc. I had dinner, then hit the Mojito bar and started all over again for the evening.....practice makes perfect when it comes to cruise drinking.  Keep enjoying yourself!  And keep the live review going.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MsJersey84 said:

We are super excited about our a Breakaway cruise in Oct but are worried about the night life.. On Carnival we normally do a comedy show or productions list show, drinks and then late night pizza.  Maybe a stop by at the dance club if it looks like the spot to be, but I have seen some reviews that says NCL night life ends at about 11pm.. Can you give some insight to this??  

Oh my GAWD no. I’ve never been on an NCL cruise that quiets down at 11. Most of the ones I’ve been on, the good parties only get going after 10:30 on the outdoor deck till about midnight, and then continue inside until about 2.

while it’s perhaps true that “organized” programming stops around 11:30/12, there are still DJs, music and dancing until well after that.

I believe food and bev goes until 2/3ish and then if you still want late pizza or food after that, you can pay a $8.95 room service charge and order whatever you want (for free) until breakfast starts again at about 5:30/6. 

• Like 4

I was sleeping so well last night, and the dreams were coming in hot and heavy... I think it has something to do with the earplugs. It just isolates your mind and lets it wander.

By the time I finally got out of bed I figured it would be about 10:00 but it was 7:10 on my watch, which means 8:10 on the ship. Not that bad. I came up to the observation lounge for a coffee and a bit of peace and quiet while I wake up from my slumber.

IMG_20181203_072619.jpg

I think I'm going to make my first appearance in the hot tub right about now... Also, sorry if this thread has sort of devolved into the ramblings of a crazy person. I warned you of that way back on the first page. Even though I'm surrounded by thousands of other humans, it seems that I am but an Alien among them... Anyhoo, hot tub awaits.

IMG_20181203_074729.jpg

12 hours ago, MsJersey84 said:

Following Sid I love your reviews I have followed you on Carnival cruises and now my husband and I have booked our first NCL and I was checking out their board and saw you over here. AWESOME!!

Thank you and Great Review!!!

Quote from 

8 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

I believe food and bev goes until 2/3ish and then if you still want late pizza or food after that, you can pay a $8.95 room service charge and order whatever you want (for free) until breakfast starts again at about 5:30/6. 

After hours food dining on the Breakaway is O'Sheehan's Neighborhood Bar & Grill open 24 hours with wings, and not sure if they have fish and chips??  and other late night food... I know it’s a limited menu .... this is a complimentary dining.. pizza after hours and room service is a fee.. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I was sleeping so well last night, and the dreams were coming in hot and heavy... I think it has something to do with the earplugs. It just isolates your mind and lets it wander.

By the time I finally got out of bed I figured it would be about 10:00 but it was 7:10 on my watch, which means 8:10 on the ship. Not that bad. I came up to the observation lounge for a coffee and a bit of peace and quiet while I wake up from my slumber.

So are you enjoying the virtual window... I loved it... 

• Like 1

The chogs are claiming their seats on the pool deck. (Then disappearing until after they've had breakfast a shower, and maybe even lunch)

I did a cursory count and spotted around eighty or so chogs on the pool deck. Well, the chogs are somewhere else, I was counting towels.

IMG_20181203_081403.thumb.jpg.cb3c9947993a8ec1c47acad7954dbe86.jpg

IMG_20181203_082016.jpg

Whilst counting chogs, Jovo the hotel director walked by and we chatted for a bit. He asked me for my cabin number, so fingers crossed for an invite to the Haven restaurant. At the very least, I'm going to end up with some special gifts magically appearing in my room.

I really appreciate all of you who have stuck with me all the way up to this point. It means a lot, and it's sort of like you're all here with me. On a different note, I hear some " moanin' and groanin' " coming from the cabin next door, so it looks like their having a pretty good cruise...

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Whilst counting chogs, Jovo the hotel director walked by and we chatted for a bit. He asked me for my cabin number, so fingers crossed for an invite to the Haven restaurant. At the very least, I'm going to end up with some special gifts magically appearing in my room.

I wonder what special gifts you might get?!?!?!?!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MsJersey84 said:

I wonder what special gifts you might get?!?!?!?!

Honestly,  I'm not really expecting anything more than a plate of canapes or strawberries... I have hosted the cruise critic m&g on the Escape several times and he was the hotel director and always remembered me. Last time on the Escape they treated me like a celebrity. I always make it a point to get to know the officers not because I expect something, but if it happened to get a little something extra, it's a win. Expect nothing, appreciate everything...

• Like 2