Bliss / Live / Solo - Dec-01-08-2018...

sid_9169

On 12/1/2018 at 10:50 AM, sid_9169 said:

Now that I'm in waiting mode again, I will give you an update on the Fly-by pills. I would be lying to you if I said I wasn't a bit foggy today. According to my receipts I had 11 tequila based cocktails last night. I'm feeling it a little for sure. I'm going to try and pace myself a little better today.

Impressive drinking abilities! And a labor of love to write this trip report. Thanks! 

• Like 1

I dropped some guacamole on my tan colored shorts, so I had to run to the bathroom again to try and wash it off. Now it looks like I peed in my britches... Stuff continues to go downhill. I only hope that I don't end up having to create a new account and start all over again...

There's been a lubby dubby couple sitting behind me the entire meal here at Los Lobos... I've been over hearing their conversation the whole time, and it's about to drive me to drinking... (Even though I've already been drinking all day) Anyhoo, I just want to get out of here, even though it still looks like I peed in my pants...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Sorry for the dumb question, but what IS shot o’clock?

In the afternoons at Vibe, the bartenders will make up specialty shots for as many people who want them. This goes on over and over again until we just can't take anymore... That's shot o'clock in a nutshell...

2 hours ago, Hooked Already said:

I can also warn you to be careful with it. Just wait until your in there, with shampoo and on and soap on your face, when you knock the stupid thing off. It will shatter very nicely on the floor, now you can't even move your feet. lucky for me at least it didn't land on my toes.

LOL!  I took the damn thing out!  I would love to meet the Engineer who designed that and deemed it safe/functional!  NCL is smarter than me, so I just adapted and did work-around by removing.  Hello NCL?  Good grief!

• Like 2

Following Sid I love your reviews I have followed you on Carnival cruises and now my husband and I have booked our first NCL and I was checking out their board and saw you over here. AWESOME!!

We are super excited about our a Breakaway cruise in Oct but are worried about the night life.. On Carnival we normally do a comedy show or productions list show, drinks and then late night pizza.  Maybe a stop by at the dance club if it looks like the spot to be, but I have seen some reviews that says NCL night life ends at about 11pm.. Can you give some insight to this??  

Thank you and Great Review!!!

• Like 1

On 12/1/2018 at 6:39 PM, sid_9169 said:

First day on board. All the new cruisers seem to be lost still. Even I am so used to the other away class ships that I forget that the Bliss is very different. I'll be giving you all the full tour throughout the week. It's very different than any other NCL ship.

Can't wait!

We will be sailing her next year in October and then in September 2020.

• Like 1

normally run the cruise critic meet and greet, so I get an invite to the Haven Captain's reception. Well this time I would have to figure out a different plan. I know the time and place it normally happens, so I lingered outside the Haven entrance. I told the sentry out front that i was meeting someone inside, and he opened the door for me. Step one accomplished...

Now I made my way to the Haven bar and ordered one of my old favorites, smoke and fire... Unfortunately the bartenders had never heard of it. He called Marc, the beverage manager to inquire on the recipe, but the bartender was unable to replicate the mysterious concoction.

I've been trying to upload some pictures for the past half hour or so but it's just not happening. Hopefully I'll have better luck now...

I walked through the Haven courtyard towards the horizon lounge and ran into Jovo the hotel director. He remembered me from past cruises and we exchanged pleasentries.(little did he know that I had snuck in) We talked for a moment and then I made my way to the horizon lounge...

IMG_20181202_192545.thumb.jpg.06b818d56e52b85d6d7a653b1d2f3374.jpg

IMG_20181202_193346.jpg

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

***Note: this review may be about to come to an abrupt end. I just received a notification that I had used up all of my megabytes of storage. If so I will have to create a new account and start all over again from there...

IMG_20181202_180531.jpg

Wait Im confused. Megabytes of storage where? Here on CC? 

• Like 1

Just now, sid_9169 said:

Yes, there is a cumulative limit now. Once reached you will not be able to add anymore content...

*****!! How do they expect us to do live reviews anymore? Stupid on their part if you ask me. Let’s see what happens to you. Loving this! Thx!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OceanBlueWaters said:

LOL!  I took the damn thing out!  I would love to meet the Engineer who designed that and deemed it safe/functional!  NCL is smarter than me, so I just adapted and did work-around by removing.  Hello NCL?  Good grief!

I've seen/had something similar in a hotel room bathroom, think it was a BW in Miami (maybe Marriott Courtyard). I wonder if you just took it out and put a clean facecloth in there instead of the glass soapdish.  Would that work? easy to change too so no germaphobe issue. I'm pretty fussy too and don't dine in the buffet unless absolutely necessary and even then, it's grab a salad and that's it.  

Sid, really enjoying your thorough review and hoping I can find time to make it in/on ( 😉 )the Bliss prior to the inaugural on Encore. 

Please take time to enjoy your cruise... don't worry, we'll still be waiting in baited breathe to read more of your day/s.  Thanks for doing this really great review. 

Cheers,

Connie

• Like 1

MVIMG_20181202_205841.thumb.jpg.0846d1edda3e34c66a733ec90cce0459.jpg

While in the Haven I found out that Amina, from the Escape was now at the Atrium bar on Bliss... Of course I had to go directly there and pay her a visit...

I told her to just make me something (her choice) with tequila, and then this happened...

MVIMG_20181202_205847.jpg

• Like 2