Live from Nieuw Statendam Premier Voyage, December 2018

Vict0riann

Thanks for posting the Where and When!  I see that BBK's last set is 11.30 woo woo!  late night music!

It seems that Rolling Stone Rock Room and BBK clash during the evening (BBk 10.30pm and RSRR 10.45pm) do you know if there is any 'sound bleed' between the two locations?

8 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Thanks for posting the Where and When!  I see that BBK's last set is 11.30 woo woo!  late night music!

It seems that Rolling Stone Rock Room and BBK clash during the evening (BBk 10.30pm and RSRR 10.45pm) do you know if there is any 'sound bleed' between the two locations?

Not on the Nieuw Statendam but the same thing happens all the time on the Koningsdam between Billboard Onboard and the BB King Blues Club ... and there is no sound bleed.

26 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

Not on the Nieuw Statendam but the same thing happens all the time on the Koningsdam between Billboard Onboard and the BB King Blues Club ... and there is no sound bleed.

We have sailed K'dam a few times and mostly agree that there is no sound bleed between Billboard Onboard and BBK (unless BBOB is full, making it necessary to stand out by the staircase, then there is bleed when someone opens the door between BBK and BBOB).  However I was thinking that the volume from Rolling Stone Rock Room should be a few decibels higher than Billboard on Board and may give a bit of sound bleed.

13 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

Please give us contact information about your guide in Cartagena.  We will be there next fall on the Rotterdam with a group of 11 and this sounds like something our group would really enjoy.

I have been trying for hours to upload some photos, with no luck.  I don’t know if it’s me, my device, CC, or the ship’s internet.   I did post the name of the guide company in post 393.

1 minute ago, Vict0riann said:

I have been trying for hours to upload some photos, with no luck.  I don’t know if it’s me, my device, CC, or the ship’s internet.   I did post the name of the guide company in post 393.

It might be CC/the ship's internet.  I've hit that at times Ann.  It can be VERY frustrating.

If it's easier for you to email them to me (assuming internet will co-operate), I'd be happy to post them on your behalf. Hopefully things start working properly for you soon.

6 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for coming back Vict0riann ❤️ 

2 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

I too thank VictOriann for returning and to Sherita for all her posts. 

Thank you all for your support.  I must learn not to be so thin skinned!😜

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, kazu said:

From Vict0riann:

These stickers are in the books in  the Crow's Nest:

IMG_7563.thumb.jpg.f245f98eab915833d42a436d122a19d1.jpg

Unfortunately, there will be fine folks who will ignore this, will find/see a book they like and won't mind taking home in their luggage, and will do so :classic_sad:

1 hour ago, orangeglitter said:

thanks for this great update. Cant wait to be on this ship next month. Do you know if there is pickleball play? Thank you

I studied the sports deck for a bit the other  day and I can’t see how the marked lines on the basketball court could turn into a pickle ball court, so I’m going to say no. There’s also no mention of any pickle ball play. 😞

Well. I’m pretty excited to report that I got to have dinner with Captain Albert tonight. He’s apparently old friends with two of my table mates Donna and Ike. We had an open seat at the table and he just came and plopped himself down. I was super impressed with him. What a nice man and full of great stories!! A thoroughly enjoyable meal.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scluvsrain said:

Well. I’m pretty excited to report that I got to have dinner with Captain Albert tonight. He’s apparently old friends with two of my table mates Donna and Ike. We had an open seat at the table and he just came and plopped himself down. I was super impressed with him. What a nice man and full of great stories!! A thoroughly enjoyable meal.  

This would be my 'Dinner to die for'.  I am sooooo jealous of your good fortune.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kazu said:

From Vict0riann:

These stickers are in the books in  the Crow's Nest:

IMG_7563.thumb.jpg.f245f98eab915833d42a436d122a19d1.jpg

14 minutes ago, scluvsrain said:

We talked with Captain Albert at dinner about the library books issue. He said that over a third of the books on this ship are already missing. 

Unbelievable. 

Un-frickin-believable...

And the stickers in the books probably just make them more attractive souvenirs for book thieves...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bleacher04 said:

Un-frickin-believable...

And the stickers in the books probably just make them more attractive souvenirs for book thieves...

I'm quite sure there were similar stickers (not exactly the same but the same notice) along with a stamp along the book pages itself that said "property of Holland America Line" on the older ships' library books.

I am still at a loss to understand why anyone would steal a book.  Along with the extra weight, it would be nice to think that most people's morales are better than that. 😞 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, scluvsrain said:

Wow Sherita.  that would be a fabulous experience & meal 😄 

I bet he had a million great stories.  I always enjoy his blog 😄 

12 minutes ago, kazu said:

I'm quite sure there were similar stickers (not exactly the same but the same notice) along with a stamp along the book pages itself that said "property of Holland America Line" on the older ships' library books.

I am still at a loss to understand why anyone would steal a book.  Along with the extra weight, it would be nice to think that most people's morales are better than that. 😞 

Sadly probably the same reason the towels wit the HAL logo went away.

42 minutes ago, scluvsrain said:

We talked with Captain Albert at dinner about the library books issue. He said that over a third of the books on this ship are already missing. 

Unbelievable. 

already missing?  But the cruise isn't over?  Are passengers not allowed to take the books to their room to read?  Or are they missing from when the VIP's were on I wonder?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kazu said:

already missing?  But the cruise isn't over?  Are passengers not allowed to take the books to their room to read?  Or are they missing from when the VIP's were on I wonder?

You may have cracked this case! :classic_biggrin:

(my emphasis)

• Haha 1