Does Celebrity ever answer the phone?

Simoncpj

Trying to call to upgrade beverage package (can't do on line as the promo package doesn't appear yet). 

Waiting for rep for 35min then had to get off phone earlier. Currently at 51 min now.

Crap customer service.

Edited by Simoncpj

I've called the Captain's Club number several times over the past couple of weeks in the evening, and did not have issues getting through.  A minute or two hold once but that's it.  Later in the evening got right through.  

I was on hold for @ 40 minutes when I called midday earlier this week, so hung up and tried again the next morning @ 8.15 am and was on hold for only a few minutes.  Same thing this past summer - I called right after the lines opened on a Saturday morning and got through with almost no wait.  I'm hoping that will be doable for you, especially if you are on the East Coast and can call earlier in the day, before the rest of the country wakes up and starts calling, haha.  I'm guessing during promotions, they will be busier too.  Good luck!

Linda

Over 1 hour & 37 minutes on the main reservation line.

Over 35 minutes on the Captain's Club assistance line posted on the Celebrity website.

Now trying the Captain's Club number posted here.  Thanks for posting it, Wendy.   We'll see what happens.  I have two phones on hold now.  

11 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

If you are calling the 0845 number don't forget you are being charged 7p per minute plus network charge (in the UK)!

No incentive for them to answer quickly.

Now I don’t know if you pay for these prefixes here in the U.K. but check them out.   The numbers are alternates for Celebrity and I haven’t tried them recently.

Celebrity phone numbers 084449320430800 0182525

1 hour ago, barneyboy said:

I went on the online web chat and asked about upgrading. They added my packages to my cruises and the upgrade option came up. I was then able to upgrade online using OBC. It only took 5 minutes so was probably quicker than phoning. 

Did you book with a Classic Package included? I did, and when I tried to find the option to upgrade in the Sale there was only the option to pay for the full Premium package. I contacted Captain's Club, by email, and asked why I couldn't upgrade, and why there was nothing to show that I already had the Classic. Their response was that they had now upgraded the online account to show the Classic so I could now upgrade online. But, nothing changed in my account and still no option to upgrade. 

It took 2 days to get the response from Captain's Club. I think I will try the online chat as it worked for you.

I waited 40 minutes Saturday morning and gave up. I called and waited while watching football in the afternoon and got through after  ONE HOUR AND 51 MINUTES!  All I had to do was add transport from airport to the ship. Only needed one way. She told me “ yes, you cannot add that online” even though it lets you go through the entire process 

then give you a big red exclamation mark with no explanation. And of course you have to input all your flight information that was already on the prior screen. Of course you’re no longer on that screen!  I love sailing on Celebrity but all they shouldn’t let you try to do something online that doesn’t work.  Or at least have a note telling you you can’t add this if you don’t do it upfront.  It wasn’t a huge deal because I was relaxing with my cellular on hold but a bit odd that the website operates like that.  We’ll at least I was successful in spending my $36.00. 

When I called the number Wendy listed (1800 760 0654) it actually told me my wait time was approximately 8 minutes (ended up being about five).  The other phone lines I tried never gave me a wait time.