Caesar salad available

noah53

I sure do love Romaine, it is by far one of my two favorite lettuce, but it sure has become a huge worry. For Romaine lovers, there is a variety of Bibb/Butterhead called Little Gem. They are like mini-romaine heads. They might even be better than Romaine. If you have ever had the 'Caesar' at Houstons, its Little Gem. 

Edited by MizDemeanor

Just back from the Silhouette.  Caesar salad was available, but made without romaine for about half the cruise.  Romaine was back later.  I didn't have it but my sister did and it was a pretty pathetic looking Caesar, even when the romaine was back.

Had to laugh about the iceberg.  I don't care for it, by my husband really only likes iceberg lettuce and thousand island dressing (I know, I know).  It was not available.  Our waiter did find some thousand island one night, but we suspect he sent the asst. waiter up to the buffet to get it; DH felt so bad he didn't ask for it the rest of the cruise.

1 hour ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

Just back from the Silhouette.  Caesar salad was available, but made without romaine for about half the cruise.  Romaine was back later.  I didn't have it but my sister did and it was a pretty pathetic looking Caesar, even when the romaine was back.

Had to laugh about the iceberg.  I don't care for it, by my husband really only likes iceberg lettuce and thousand island dressing (I know, I know).  It was not available.  Our waiter did find some thousand island one night, but we suspect he sent the asst. waiter up to the buffet to get it; DH felt so bad he didn't ask for it the rest of the cruise.

Growing up the only dressing we ever had was Thousand Island homemade w/ketchup, mayo and relish.  I'm a little bit more worldly now, but on past cruises if I asked for Thousand Island early in, waiter had it for me every night.  I think they used the same recipe above.   Do they still serve Celebrity dressing, was similar to TI.

Hey CruiseStitch or Nebr.Cruiser,   do you know if Ray Brown Jr band is still onboard?  Thanks.

16 minutes ago, signman said:

Do they still serve Celebrity dressing, was similar to TI.

Just returned from Silhouette on Friday morning...  Can't say that Celebrity Dressing was available every night but it was offered in the Main Dining Room on several occasions during our twelve night sailing... 

We didn't eat in the MDR every night, so we didn't ask for it.  I am sure the waiter, who we had our table with most nights (Select dining) would have had it available if we asked.  He was a great waiter; first time in years we have tipped a waiter extra.