Coffee Card

beachmets

I just ordered a coffee card.  Will it be loaded on my medallion?  Would I just ask for coffee and hand them my medalllion?  This medallion use will be new to me .

i assume if it’s in my name I can only order one regular coffee at a time?

7 minutes ago, beachmets said:

I just ordered a coffee card.  Will it be loaded on my medallion?  Would I just ask for coffee and hand them my medalllion?  This medallion use will be new to me .

i assume if it’s in my name I can only order one regular coffee at a time?

Yes, It's not actually loaded on the medallion, it's in your account. You can get the unlimited brewed coffee, special tea and I believe hot chocolate plus 15 espresso drinks. Just hand them the medallion or the cruise card, either will work.

5 minutes ago, skynight said:

Yes, It's not actually loaded on the medallion, it's in your account. You can get the unlimited brewed coffee, special tea and I believe hot chocolate plus 15 espresso drinks. Just hand them the medallion or the cruise card, either will work.

Thanks.  Have used a card before and found it very worthwhile.  We have found their brewed coffee in the morning is better than at the buffet.  Nice to have specialty coffees also.  We used to have one sundae during the cruise but think they have discontinued being able to use coffee card for a sundae.

8 minutes ago, beachmets said:

Thanks.  Have used a card before and found it very worthwhile.  We have found their brewed coffee in the morning is better than at the buffet.  Nice to have specialty coffees also.  We used to have one sundae during the cruise but think they have discontinued being able to use coffee card for a sundae.

Not sure what ship you are sailing but someone said they did discontinue use of a punch at the Gelato shop on the Royal/Regal.

Not sure about the Gelato on the Grand Class type ships that have it.

3 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Not sure what ship you are sailing but someone said they did discontinue use of a punch at the Gelato shop on the Royal/Regal.

Not sure about the Gelato on the Grand Class type ships that have it.

Yes we are on the Regal in January....no sundae...oh well...lots of other choices.  Can always pay if I really need one!

22 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes August 31st 2019 as long as it does not already have a date on it.

Only issue is the brewed coffee. I have read that they might punch card for the brewed stuff while the cards are still used these last nine months.

IMG_6900b.jpg

5 hours ago, jlp20 said:

Only issue is the brewed coffee. I have read that they might punch card for the brewed stuff while the cards are still used these last nine months.

Yes. That's the way they were supposed to do it before switching over to the electronic tracking of punches if you had a card from a previous cruise. We have two cards with around 20 punches left on them. On our cruise in September on the Royal, I didn't mind using a punch for a tea. The barista sounded apologetic when letting me know it would cost a punch (even though I already knew it).

Exactly. I don’t want to waste money I could spend on my cruise. 

My DH is the coffee drinker but he doesn’t complain about the free stuff. It would just be nice to give him a little surprise. 

Cheaply, that is. 

We just came off the Royal after B2B cruises.  It was our first cruise since the new coffee card was instituted. 

We routinely swap out our mini-bar set-up for coffee cards and I inquired what happens to remaining coffees after the first week of our cruise. I was assured by the barista, the passenger service desk and the Captains Circle desk that the coffees would expire at the end of our first week even though we had booked the cruise as a two week cruise.  We would have to repeat the swap-out process during the second week of the cruise for additional coffees. 

I prefer the brewed coffee to any specialties so at the end of the first week I still had a lot of punches left (electronic punches, so to speak).  The first morning of the second leg of our cruise I asked the barista about punches remaining and though I was expecting to have 15, he told me instead that I had 26 remaining.  They had simply added 15 more coffees onto my leftover punches from the previous week.

I doesn't seem that even the staff are real sure how this new system works.

1 hour ago, kitty2264 said:

We just came off the Royal after B2B cruises.  It was our first cruise since the new coffee card was instituted. 

We routinely swap out our mini-bar set-up for coffee cards and I inquired what happens to remaining coffees after the first week of our cruise. I was assured by the barista, the passenger service desk and the Captains Circle desk that the coffees would expire at the end of our first week even though we had booked the cruise as a two week cruise.  We would have to repeat the swap-out process during the second week of the cruise for additional coffees. 

I prefer the brewed coffee to any specialties so at the end of the first week I still had a lot of punches left (electronic punches, so to speak).  The first morning of the second leg of our cruise I asked the barista about punches remaining and though I was expecting to have 15, he told me instead that I had 26 remaining.  They had simply added 15 more coffees onto my leftover punches from the previous week.

I doesn't seem that even the staff are real sure how this new system works.

Did you get credit for one or two coffee cards based on the mini-bar swap out?

2 hours ago, TracieABD said:

Did you get credit for one or two coffee cards based on the mini-bar swap out?

We are now B2B in Jan. I bought a coffee card and assumed it was good for entire 2 weeks.  Is this not correct.?  15 punches for the 2weeks ?

Two coffee cards for each mini bar swap out, one credited to my wife's card and one to my card.

Thank you. I am Elite. My travel companion is not. I wonder if they will let me add one of the coffee cards to his account...

24 minutes ago, beachmets said:

We are now B2B in Jan. I bought a coffee card and assumed it was good for entire 2 weeks.  Is this not correct.?  15 punches for the 2weeks ?

I don’t know this one... This system is new to me. But I would love to know the answer!

2 hours ago, beachmets said:

As Kitty’s experience shows, onboard staff can provide inaccurate information with the coffee program.

Based on the Princess T&Cs Kitty’s 15 specialty coffees & unlimited brewed coffee would be valid for their entire single 14 day voyage.  If booked like you as 7 day B2B cruises they would expire at the end of the first 7 days & not carryover to the second 7 day cruise.  Whether onboard staff follows the T&Cs is unknown so cannot predict your experience.

• The coffee package is valid only on the voyage for which it is purchased. If the maximum number of coffees pre-purchased are not used during the voyage, the remaining value will NOT be credited or refunded and is NOT transferable for any purpose.
Edited by Astro Flyer

2 hours ago, beachmets said:

Based on our experience from last week, I think your cards will be good both weeks.  We booked our cruise as a 14 day cruise which of course consisted of two 7 day cruises back to back.  Everyone I asked told me the coffee card would expire at the end of the first week even though we booked a 14 day voyage.  Of course that was incorrect as we found out, the cards were good for all 14 days and the cards we got week 2 just were added to those we had from week one.

Based on our experience from last week, I think your cards will be good both weeks.  We booked our cruise as a 14 day cruise which of course consisted of two 7 day cruises back to back.  Everyone I asked told me the coffee card would expire at the end of the first week even though we booked a 14 day voyage.  Of course that was incorrect as we found out, the cards were good for all 14 days and the cards we got week 2 just were added to those we had from week one.

Hopefully that’s how it’ll work but you booked your voyage as a single 14 day cruise & beachmets posted having B2B cruises.

They would have 2 booking numbers which to me would be considered as 2 voyages like for OBCs which are based on how it’s booked.  But as you experienced there is still confusion about these situations.  Hopefully they’ll soon have a standardized procedure so we know what to expect on our cruise.  The coffee program was changed over 6 months ago & they should have a standardized procedure by now.

Edited by Astro Flyer

1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

Hopefully that’s how it’ll work but you booked your voyage as a single 14 day cruise & beachmets posted having B2B cruises.

They would have 2 booking numbers which to me would be considered as 2 voyages like for OBCs which are based on how it’s booked.  But as you experienced there is still confusion about these situations.  Hopefully they’ll soon have a standardized procedure so we know what to expect on our cruise.  The coffee program was changed over 6 months ago & they should have a standardized procedure by now.

My error on my post. We booked the 14 day cruise as one cruise.  We do go back into ft Lauderdale after 7 days and out again.