Platinum Meal on cruise without La Cucina or Moderno

Tatiana84

Hi everyone! I tried looking everywhere for an answer to this question. I will be traveling for 4 nights on the NCL Sky at the end of this month. As a platinum member, I am entitled to two meals. This ship is an older ship that only has Cagney's and Le Bistro. So that counts as one of my meals.... but the second meal would be to La Cucina or Moderno.... of which non are on the SKY. Do you know if I would still be entitled to my second meal to use at... II Adadio which is the only other specialty restaurant?

Also... as a platinum member we are offered a concierge service... How do I contact the concierge to make the restaurant reservations vs. waiting on a long line on embarkation day?

Thank you in advance!

5 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Other posts have said that the La Cucina voucher can be used at the Italian restaurant on board even if it is called something else, so I think that Il Adagio will honor it.

Can anyone that has traveled on the sky as a platinum member confirm that this is actually what happens?

Also... concierge services? How do I reach them?

12 minutes ago, Alegeeter said:

I didn't think all Latitude benefits were offered on shorter cruises. I remember not getting the dinners last time I was on the Sky. Has this changed?

From the Terms and Conditions:

Note: Onboard Discounts (including the pre-booking of shore excursions) are available on all sailings.

*** All other benefits are available on sailings 5 days or longer.

While it is listed, Concierge service does not truly exist, unless you are in a suite (not mini-suites)!

Just now, ggTexasGal said:

Note: Onboard Discounts (including the pre-booking of shore excursions) are available on all sailings.

While it is listed, Concierge service does not truly exist, unless you are in a suite (not mini-suites)!

Ahh thank you! I knew I wasn't making it up!

So OP, since you're only on a 4 night itinerary it doesn't look like you would get the two complimentary dinners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ggTexasGal said:

Oh... what a bummer! and here I was licking my lips. So yes on the discounts and no on dinner and laundry :-(

17 hours ago, Tatiana84 said:

Can anyone that has traveled on the sky as a platinum member confirm that this is actually what happens?

Also... concierge services? How do I reach them?

I know that this isn’t now relevant to you due to the length of the cruise, but I can confirm from experience that if you are on a ship which doesn’t have Moderno and the Italian isn’t called La Cucina then that voucher can still be used in the Italian (whatever it’s name is).

That is the situation on the Spirit, which has that set up.

NCL SKY not much in alternative dining accommodations !

Maybe would do better with Room service catered in a Life Boat.

Possible alternate dining options at Il Adagio (old name for La Cucina) - Cagney's - Le Bistro - Plantations for Asian fare.

BUT NO Moderno - Los Lobos - Tapas - Teppanyaki - Ginza - and -AWAY class dining.

Check with the Concierge for substitutions - no Concierge then the Hotel Director or

the Maitre D of the restaurant you want to dine at.

For the Concierge check with Guest Services - having a Meet & Greet party he may be there - his basic job

is to entertain the suites and supervise the Butlers.

Give NCL the opportunity to work it out before reading the cruise passenger riot act - anything with a bottle of wine

is better than nothing or an exquisite experience dining in the Buffet - tongue in cheek LOL !

NCL can check your cruise history and see just what kind of Platinum member they are dealing with.

The meals are there to give away - stand firm hold your ground - whoops you are at sea !

2 hours ago, Alegeeter said:

I do wonder what upgrades Sky will be getting in its 2019 dry dock. Sun got Los Lobos, maybe Sky will too?

So Los Lobos is now on Dawn, Sun, Bliss (and hopefully Encore).  Has it been added to any other ships yet?