Time to get to port

Scubadoc

We will be on the Jan 6 sailing of the Crown out of Fort Lauderdale. We love to be among the first on the ship when we cruise. We are in a suite so I know we will have priority embarkation. There are 7 ships in port that day so it will be busy. Those of you with experience in Fort Lauderdale - what time would u recommend arriving at port?  

Bear in mind- Princess typically embarks at Terminal 2. There will only be one ship at T-2. So, once you get through the traffic mess that is Port Everglades, you should only have to deal with one ship.

We just cruised out of PE last week, we found the "magic hour" was around 11 am. Most of the disembarking passengers were gone- and many of the embarking passengers had not yet arrived.

8 hours ago, Scubadoc said:

We will be on the Jan 6 sailing of the Crown out of Fort Lauderdale. We love to be among the first on the ship when we cruise. We are in a suite so I know we will have priority embarkation. There are 7 ships in port that day so it will be busy. Those of you with experience in Fort Lauderdale - what time would u recommend arriving at port?  

How many other ships are in port will not make any difference on arrival times, maybe just some traffic when dropping off luggage. If you arrive around 10:30 to 11am you will be checked in and shown to a priority waiting area. Boarding should begin around 11:30, maybe even a little earlier, but certainly not later than noon.

You will not be at pier 2, the Regal will be there since this is the Medallion pier, and the Regal is docked there every Sunday. You will either be at pier 4 or one of the mid-port piers. Mid port piers tend to have more traffic. 

2 hours ago, TracieABD said:

Bear in mind- Princess typically embarks at Terminal 2.

And if there is more than one Princess ship in port - not unusual on a Saturday or Sunday - the other Princess ships are usually at Terminal 21 and/or 4.  If the Royal or the Regal are in port they have priority at terminal 25.

OP - if you haven't checked out the Port Everglades website (www.porteverglades.com) I suggest doing so.  It has a port map, ship schedule, and lots of other cruising related information.

Just now, capriccio said:

If the Royal or the Regal are in port they have priority at terminal 25.

Edit isn't working for me.  Above should read:  If the Royal or the Regal are in port they have priority at terminal 2.

11 hours ago, Scubadoc said:

We always arrive by 10:30.