Stock OBC

chief30

First time on RCCL Been On Princess 12 times thought we would do something different this time. I bought 100 shares of RCCL stock for the $100 OBC Faxed it on Tuesday got this this email back today. Can't believe we was turned down because we received other OBC for booking the cruise.here is their email we got. has anyone else happen to them.

As offers are not combinable, the requested shareholder’s onboard credit cannot be applied to reservation 4581160 because there is another discount or onboard credit offer already applied. If you wish to take advantage of the shareholder’s offer instead of the other offer, please contact your travel agent to have that offer removed. Once the other offer is removed, please resubmit your complete request.

Kind Regards,

Raquel
Shareholder Benefit Team
Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.

Edited by chief30

It's very difficult to use your RCCL Shareholder OBC because it's not combineable with any other discount or OBC.  For example, if you get the C&A discount for booking a veranda, you can forget about shareholder OBC.

It's good if you book a last minute Inside or O/V stateroom.  

56 minutes ago, chief30 said:

Thanks to all Never had a problem with Princess, used stock OBC on 10 different cruises plus other OBC. Look like this will be our first and last with RCCL

Princess is very liberal allowing the passengers to stack all OBC that they acquire. From what I have read on this board it seems that RCCL stock credits are pretty much useless in terms of OBC.

I've never had an issue getting my CCL shareholder credit and combining with anything else. But my RCL stock - no dice. If it wasn't for the fact I bought it in 2008 for roughly $10/share, I'd sell it.  Its good for dividends though.

OP - you might want to edit out your actual reservation number.

5 hours ago, chief30 said:

Thanks to all Never had a problem with Princess, used stock OBC on 10 different cruises plus other OBC. Look like this will be our first and last with RCCL

I can't believe three things.

1. That you would buy the stock at this price.

2. That you wouldn't check the terms and conditions before buying.

http://www.rclcorporate.com/investors/shareholder-benefit/

3. That this is a reason that you wouldn't cruise on RC.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I can't believe three things.

1. That you would buy the stock at this price.

2. That you wouldn't check the terms and conditions before buying.

http://www.rclcorporate.com/investors/shareholder-benefit/

3. That this is a reason that you wouldn't cruise on RC.

4. The OP never sailed on Royal Caribbean. Why would you buy stock in a product that you may not like?

We have sailed mostly on Princess but I would never buy shares of anything unless it was a sound investment. I wish I would have purchased CCL when the market crashed 10yrs ago.

Edited by Iamcruzin

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

...  I wish I would have purchased CCL when the market crashed 10yrs ago.

You would not have done badly with Royal either.  It could have been bought for $4 back then and sold for over $130 recently.

28 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You would not have done badly with Royal either.  It could have been bought for $4 back then and sold for over $130 recently.

We purchased 100 shares at $16, and when it dropped like a rock to $5, my wife said maybe we should buy some more.  Of course, I told her hell no.  What the heck does she know.  :classic_dry::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

We purchased 100 shares at $16, and when it dropped like a rock to $5, my wife said maybe we should buy some more.  Of course, I told her hell no.  What the heck does she know.  :classic_dry::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Very similar to what we did.  I think we bought our 100 shares at around $17.  When it went to $4, I was too chicken to buy more, not knowing how low it would go.  Then it started to go up, so we bought 400 shares at around $10, and sold those at aroundf $40.  Wish I still had them!

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Very similar to what we did.  I think we bought our 100 shares at around $17.  When it went to $4, I was too chicken to buy more, not knowing how low it would go.  Then it started to go up, so we bought 400 shares at around $10, and sold those at aroundf $40.  Wish I still had them!

I had bought at $35 and shortly afterwards things tanked. The wife said to load up when it was at $5, but I was more worried about losing my $3500 and wouldn't do it. The dividend now is a earning more for me than anything from a bank.