Diamond member question

Ken Greco

12 minutes ago, Ken Greco said:

As a diamond member can I bring a non diamond to event and buy that person a drink and mine is free.

Yes. You could use your vouchers to get multiple drinks at any bar or show outside the DL.  As a couple they never ask for both cards, and never have they cut me off after the third drink.  Very rare the same waiter or bartender asks for a card after they have served you the first drink.  Could be a dollar or two tip makes you rememberable. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Yes. You could use your vouchers to get multiple drinks at any bar or show outside the DL.  As a couple they never ask for both cards, and never have they cut me off after the third drink.  Very rare the same waiter or bartender asks for a card after they have served you the first drink.  Could be a dollar or two tip makes you rememberable. 

I am on RH right now and believe me they are very strict ring up every drink and I tip generously. 

18 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

I am on RH right now and believe me they are very strict ring up every drink and I tip generously. 

Completely different then our experience on Symphony.  They did check every seapass card as people entered the DL or overflow areas of Jazz on 4 and the Attic. Other then that it was as lax as I have ever seen.  We left the DL several times as it closed down at 8pm. Headed straight to a specialty restaurant reservation and was still able to get a Diamond voucher drink at 8:15. That happened at Chop,s Jamie's and 150.  Seems like royal is still very consistent with their inconsistency

5 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Completely different then our experience on Symphony.  They did check every seapass card as people entered the DL or overflow areas of Jazz on 4 and the Attic. Other then that it was as lax as I have ever seen.  We left the DL several times as it closed down at 8pm. Headed straight to a specialty restaurant reservation and was still able to get a Diamond voucher drink at 8:15. That happened at Chop,s Jamie's and 150.  Seems like royal is still very consistent with their inconsistency

That is unusual because it's generally not a matter of individual discretion.  They have to ring it up, and the computers know when it is 8 o'clock.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

That is unusual because it's generally not a matter of individual discretion.  They have to ring it up, and the computers know when it is 8 o'clock.

On the AD snowbird repo anyone that sat down at the Blue Moon bar would get a free drinks, even if you were only Gold.

So I will be Diamond on our next cruise , I lost my wife to brain cancer who was my sailing partner for years and years . I met a wonderful women who is going to start cruising with me  but has never sailed . So I cant take her to anything to do with Diamond  events ? I understand people abuse the system , but we have 5 cruises booked with RCCL over the next year . But whatever . Its no big deal to me. I know Carnival will include her in Platinum status so I may just change them all over to Carnival .

6 minutes ago, frito58 said:

So I will be Diamond on our next cruise , I lost my wife to brain cancer who was my sailing partner for years and years . I met a wonderful women who is going to start cruising with me  but has never sailed . So I cant take her to anything to do with Diamond  events ? I understand people abuse the system , but we have 5 cruises booked with RCCL over the next year . But whatever . Its no big deal to me. I know Carnival will include her in Platinum status so I may just change them all over to Carnival .

You can link her to you as your significant other.  

7 minutes ago, frito58 said:

Call C&A and declare the same residence address and significant other, and she will get your C&A level.

• Like 1

When I sail with my bff we go to a bar and I get the free drinks loaded on my card every night.  She insists on paying a tip for each drink, and on the Vision the bar waitress kept us well supplied.  I have no idea how she did it, but we had chocolate martinis and mojitos a-plenty at the R Bar.