Footwear in the Gym

Stratheden

Would someone who has used the gym please let me know if there is a requirement for specific footwear in the gym.  I will have my slip on sketchers that I walk everywhere in.  Would I be able to wear them on the treadmill. I am trying to cut down on the number of pair of shoes that I pack. Any advice would be most helpful. 

35 minutes ago, Stratheden said:

Would someone who has used the gym please let me know if there is a requirement for specific footwear in the gym.  I will have my slip on sketchers that I walk everywhere in.  Would I be able to wear them on the treadmill. I am trying to cut down on the number of pair of shoes that I pack. Any advice would be most helpful. 

I have seen everything from slippers to boots so suspect there is not a "requirement"...  Whatever you are comfortable in would probably work.  If there is a specific rule, I have not seen it in the last 20 years of HAL cruising...

• Like 1

You wouldn't want to have "slip-on shoes" come off while having a "nice pace" going on a treadmill. Gym staff would want you to wear shoes that are nice and tight on your feet for safety purposes. Same with lifting weights while wearing "flip-flops"

I also wear Skechers ragae sandals(best shoes ever) everyday for everything. I walk miles in them and have walked on the treadmill at home and on a couple ships. I own a pair of tennis shoes but rarely wear them. It is easy for me to pack a couple colors of Skechers and be good. I do mostly walk the deck of the ship rather than using the treadmill, tho. I do check what excursions we will be going on as they may require closed shoes. 

• Like 1