Bringing on your own wine.

KevintheIrishDJ

2 hours ago, jwattle said:

My favorite wine is a glass (or bottle) that is consumed while I am on a cruise, whether I brought it onboard or purchased it onboard ❤️ :classic_love:

youuuuu    ......  lush  :classic_tongue:

• 3 weeks later...

I am not fussy when it comes to wine.  Something Australian is fine.  We always pick up a couple of bottles at the local grocery store.  It never costs us more than $8.00 USD for a bottle.  We bring them on board no issue at all.  We are allowed one bottle each.  We ask room service to bring us wine glasses daily.  A standing order.  I pour myself a couple of glasses of wine and off to the dining room I go.  No fuss at all.  Gosh, I cannot drink more than two glasses with dinner.  We cruise a Also, I guess I will trade in my coffee cards for a bottle of wine on the Ruby coming up at the end of January.  And there you go, wine for a week.   We just make sure that we carry our  two bottles in  our carry on luggage and there is never an issue at all.    

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, TheRabbit said:

I find most restaurants charge around 3 time high retail for their wines. Princess might be a little more, but when you put in the extra transportation needed to get the wines all over the world, I think it is a wash.

There is a lot of truth to that when talking about lower priced wines.  However, I have found little gems on Princess wine lists that were actually priced lower than "street price."  I bought a bottle of Tignanello a couple years ago in SHARE for $79.  The cheapest retail price for Tig back then was $89.  For a while they were selling Ridge Lytton Springs for $48.  That was only a couple bucks over street price,  They've bumped up both of those, but they are still pretty reasonable.  I think that they're still selling Penfolds Grange for less than street price.

3 hours ago, DrJay said:

I am sorry...I sure do not feel good when I am charged $27.00  PLUS  TIP for a wine that I can buy at the  grocery store for  $4.99.....Even fancy resturants don't up the price this much....

I'm with you on that one. I'll bring my own at less than $5 a bottle & it tastes better than anything they sell on board.