King crab on Alaska cruise

Winesome

26 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Have been there a few times.......

Last visit there in June it was nasty (over cooked and skimpy on the seafood) and even more expensive.

No Mas for me.

Wow.  How disappointing.  Tracy’s usually has rave reviews.

So, where do you go/recommend to have a big plate (6-8) of King Crab legs when you cruise Alaska?

Or, in your opinion,  would you say the King Crab legs aboard ship is of superior quality?  What venue?

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

31 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

Wow.  How disappointing.  Tracy’s usually has rave reviews.

So, where do you go/recommend to have a big plate (6-8) of King Crab legs when you cruise Alaska?

Or, in your opinion,  would you say the King Crab legs aboard ship is of superior quality?  What venue?

King

As I stated we have not had King Crab offered on our cruises in the DR or Buffet in many years.

I have had it at the Crab Shack. Def not superior quality.

I will just buy mine from Costco.

You will find crab at ANY restaurant in Alaska and it should all be great, but probably not fresh (maybe).  I'm not a fan of snow or king crab, though:  I'm a Dungeness girl ... always choose that above any other offering if given a choice.  Ask. And don't miss out on fish n' chips at ANY restaurant (even a dive) in Alaska, but spring for the often-fresh halibut instead of the cod.  Worth the extra $3-$6 ... you won't be sorry.

1 hour ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

We had king crab legs one night in the MDR on the Grand in Sept. on our 10 day Alaska cruise. They served them cut lengthwise so it was so easy to get to me meat! They served them with melted butter as well. It was delicious!

How many legs did they serve you?  Can you get seconds or thirds?

Served with clarified butter?

King

On 12/17/2018 at 12:02 AM, donswife said:

We had outstanding crab legs as a main course one night on our Crown Princess Alaska cruise in 2016. They were big and sawed in half lengthwise so very easy to eat. We each got a pile of them, we were stuffed!

On 12/17/2018 at 8:06 PM, KreinKrunker said:

Had them for two weeks in a row on Coral Princess in August 2018, B2B cruise. Yum, yum.  Table mate had five orders, I only had 1 1/2. 

On 12/17/2018 at 8:24 PM, hooked_on_cruising said:

Had on Star Princess in September.

We had king crab legs one night in the MDR on the Grand in Sept. on our 10 day Alaska cruise. They served them cut lengthwise so it was so easy to get to me meat! They served them with melted butter as well. It was delicious!

5 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I had them in addition to my entree. I could have had more. Yes, clarified butter. Here is a pic I took. 

3E15F17F-7CF0-40D6-AB79-5A1141317D22.jpeg

OP, sounds like you're in luck. The yeses out number the nos. 

I'm excited too as we will be headed that way next year!! 😀

I had them in addition to my entree. I could have had more. Yes, clarified butter. Here is a pic I took. 

3E15F17F-7CF0-40D6-AB79-5A1141317D22.jpeg

Thank you.

Good to know King Crab Legs are available in the MDR.  They look delicious.  I could easily eat a dozen or two of those King Crab Legs plus a 24 oz. Portorhouse steak.  I’ll  be in heaven.  Will be sailing Alaska in May.  Can’t wait. :classic_wink:

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

On 12/20/2018 at 4:19 PM, Kingofcool1947 said:

King

On 12/20/2018 at 4:50 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

As I stated we have not had King Crab offered on our cruises in the DR or Buffet in many years.

I have had it at the Crab Shack. Def not superior quality.

I will just buy mine from Costco.

Interesting  recommendation.  Buy your King Crab at Costco, pack them in your luggage, and have them streamed on the ship!🤡

• Haha 2