Ocean Medillion Questions

Italy52

I have some specific Ocean Medillion questions that I need answers for:

How soon before a cruise is the OM sent out to my home?

If I am doing a back-to-back cruise, how does it work with the OM....will I get only one and then it will be adjusted on the ship?  Or, will I get two medillions (one for each week)

Edited by Italy52

13 minutes ago, Artsy657 said:

As my ocean medallion cruise leaves in 13 days, and I haven’t received anything yet, I’m guessing it’s still a no-go.

What is the name of the ship that you are going on.? 

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

59 minutes ago, Artsy657 said:

Regal; western Caribbean 12/30-1/6

Artsy657,

Did you downloaded the Ocean Ready app and filled in the information and ordered the Ocean Medallion?

If you did maybe the Regal is not equipped for the Ocean Medallion yet.?? Maybe the best thing to do is call Princess for the answer. Sorry. 

Tony

3 hours ago, Italy52 said:

If I am doing a back-to-back cruise, how does it work with the OM....will I get only one and then it will be adjusted on the ship?  Or, will I get two medillions (one for each week)

Can't remember where I read it, but same OM can be used back to back. Ship's computer is programmed to accept your OM. 

2 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Artsy657,

Did you downloaded the Ocean Ready app and filled in the information and ordered the Ocean Medallion?

If you did maybe the Regal is not equipped for the Ocean Medallion yet.?? Maybe the best thing to do is call Princess for the answer. Sorry. 

Tony

I have downloaded the app for our upcoming cruise and logged in okay. I wanted to Add Reservation and it asked for my Journey Reservation Number. All I have is the booking number and the app does not recognize that. Would it be because I used a travel agent for the booking and not Princess directly?

6 minutes ago, gibsonsgolfer said:

I have downloaded the app for our upcoming cruise and logged in okay. I wanted to Add Reservation and it asked for my Journey Reservation Number. All I have is the booking number and the app does not recognize that. Would it be because I used a travel agent for the booking and not Princess directly?

I had the same problem with entering my booking number. So I called Princess and they fixed it. (Ocean Ready 1-844-525-0942)

The girl was very helpful and extremely nice. I also was not recognized as an elite member and she also fixed that problem.

I always book my cruises with a travel agent never directly with Princess.

They will help you!!

Tony

• Like 1

Thanks all for the information I appreciate it.  We will be on the Royal Princess B2B in June.  Prior to the B2B, we will be doing a pre-cruise in Vancouver and a 7-day cruise on Holland America so that is why I was asking about the timing of the receipt of the Ocean Medallion.  

I filled out everything properly in the ocean ready app like I did for my Regal sailing last December and it’s ocean ready.  Also placed my order for my medallion in November and got my email with the order #.

Got an text yesterday from DHL that a shipment was coming from Singapore (where they are mailing them from) and I should expect my delivery on Wednesday. Package picked up and made it to Hong Kong and through customs.  Now it states that the package has been returned to sender.

Call the Ocean Navigator department and according to Princess, they don’t mail medallions ever for the Regal and they are all to be picked up at the port.  They can’t tell me why I have the email, why I got the text and what happened to the order.  Called DHL and they have no clue as to why it was returned!

I have a similar question on the Medallions; when we get our Ocean Ready Medallions, one for my wife and one for me, how do we tell who's whose.

When they come to the house, they are probably marked, but what about when we're on the ship, or traveling?  Is there a name on the device?  Thanks.

The ship side Princess security folks on the pier don’t seem to worry much about the names but are real eagle-eyed when it comes to checking the cruise date on the OM upon pax reboarding after port visits. 

The security scanners once back on board will display name and photo. 

On 12/17/2018 at 10:30 PM, eagletwo said:

Not sure if it made a difference but I downloaded the Ocean Ready app two weeks ago, filled in the information and ordered our Medallions. They arrived today by DHL. We sail on the CB January 2nd.

Really appreciate this info.  On the same cruise and had no idea of any of this.  Just downloaded the app, filled out the info, and it says we should have them Dec 28.  Fingers crossed!

So disappointed, I was excited to get my medallion delivered to my home. Unfortunately, when I put my info in the app it said it could not be delivered to my home.  Don't know why I was so disappointed, I guess it is just a fun thing.  Still can't wait for Febr. 3rd and we will be out of here!

12 hours ago, marciemi said:

Really appreciate this info.  On the same cruise and had no idea of any of this.  Just downloaded the app, filled out the info, and it says we should have them Dec 28.  Fingers crossed!

I received a text from Carnival Corp. notifying me when the Medallions were shipped by DHL.  The notification has a link you need to open and set up the delivery with "No Signature Required" so they will leave the box at your house.

1 hour ago, nukesubsailor said:

Do you get multiple medallions if you have booked back to back to back cruises and some were under a different promotion such as Sip & Sail and 3 For Free?

One Medallion will cover many B2B cruises. They just update the computer info accordingly.