Ocean Medillion Questions

Italy52

Well, folks --

Ocean, not quite!  I can share what I was told, but am having trouble buying it, so, PERHAPS it is me, or, maybe not.

Catherine's name (my wife) is listed first on the upcoming March Medallion cruise on Regal.

PER THE HELP DESK TODAY - - - -

Ocean Ready is for the CRUISE, not the person.  I can no longer log in as ME since it is HER cruise (her name got posted as passenger 1)

-  So, when I tried to use MY email to log in, it said name and password did not match - and when I asked for a reset, (it worked a week ago), but now - asking for a reset got me the biggest ever page of error code.

So, only passenger 1 (listed first on the reservation) is the "Welcome" person, no matter whose phone is used.  Donald, who had an account for a while, no longer has his own - but I AM on Catherine's account, which I can access on my phone, using her email and password, and then select MY icon to add MY passport and whatever else.

If we get another booking and MY name goes first (as it has in the past)  I am not sure what will happen.  Since the person at the help desk tried to get me to create my own profile (again) it is clearly not all ironed out.

Whether it will even work or not, remains to be seen when we try to board, but in the meantime, however you think it SHOULD work -- Two people, two accounts, two profiles, two phones - show each others info when you share a voyage - that is not what it is doing right now.  

If you think of this as a source of amusement, it is a howling success, otherwise, if it seems that all of this is total confusion, then you DO get it!

• Like 1

On 12/17/2018 at 10:30 PM, eagletwo said:

Not sure if it made a difference but I downloaded the Ocean Ready app two weeks ago, filled in the information and ordered our Medallions. They arrived today by DHL. We sail on the CB January 2nd.

Ugh. I'm still deciding on if I'm going to do a Princess cruise in 2020, but... Can you elect to pick them up at the port and not have them mailed? I live in a non-doorman building in NYC and have NOT had good luck with DHL (I honestly thought they'd gone out of business since I never see their vehicles anywhere) - like they throw boxes down at the basement door outside where we cannot see them because no one goes down there (and unless it's the once or twice a year cleaning, it could fall under any amount of leaves and such). It would suck to have to have these things and not be able to get them because they use the worst delivery service ever.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 11:48 AM, eagletwo said:

I received a text from Carnival Corp. notifying me when the Medallions were shipped by DHL.  The notification has a link you need to open and set up the delivery with "No Signature Required" so they will leave the box at your house.

Thanks!  We'll be watching - I got an email telling me they should be delivered tomorrow but no text yet.  Tracking says they made it from Singapore to Hong Kong to Cincinnati as of Saturday so hopefully they'll make it to Florida before our cruise in 10 days!

Greetings from the Caribbean Princess, currently in Martinique. We had this cruise booked way in advance, filled out everything in the Ocean Ready app, and got it all done months in advance. We were not shipped any medallions, but others did get them shipped. Unsure how they are deciding, but we had a speedy boarding process anyways so it wasn’t a big deal.

On 12/18/2018 at 2:27 AM, Lucky TGO said:

I had the same problem with entering my booking number. So I called Princess and they fixed it. (Ocean Ready 1-844-525-0942)

The girl was very helpful and extremely nice. I also was not recognized as an elite member and she also fixed that problem.

I always book my cruises with a travel agent never directly with Princess.

They will help you!!

Tony

This phone number is wrong—-not a valid number

26 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Hmmmmmmm. I called this very same number last Thursday and had a nice long and very informative chat with an extremely nice lady. I now just double checked my call history to confirm that this number was indeed the one I dialed. 

Some toll free numbers are blocked from certain area codes. Maybe the ac you called from is one of these?

11 hours ago, Pickels said:

My cousin call the number Friday. (1-844-525-0942)  She talked to a girl at Ocean Ready.

She is all set to go her Ocean Medallion will be mailed 2 weeks before the cruise.

I don’t know what else to tell you. Good Luck!!!

Tony  

Edited by Lucky TGO

14 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

My cousin call the number Friday. (1-844-525-0942)  She talked to a girl at Ocean Ready.

She is all set to go her Ocean Medallion will be mailed 2 weeks before the cruise.

Tony  

It could be that the number (valid) is blocked in my area code.  I was able to get to Ocean Ready Unit thru Princess.  Seems like most of it is set up correctly. Waiting for the green bar to complete the circle; was told that will automatically happen after final payment date regardless if you have already made the final payment.

• 7 months later...
On 12/25/2018 at 11:27 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Tony  

Just received a robocall from Princess telling me I can order a Medallion for our upcoming September cruise!

Of course, I have already ordered the Medallion and its "scheduled" to arrive next week...  And, of course, I was unable to fully activate the new "Ocean Ready" app since it went into a "do loop" when I didn't purchase any expensive bracelets or lanyards during app activation.  Really would like to know (not really) why Princess can't tell that our medallions have already been ordered.  Not the type of care or service expected from Princess!  Not expecting much from the medallion once on board, especially based on pre-cruise operations.  Oh well, there is the option to lock them in the safe, covered in foil, and use the cruise card...

2 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Just received a robocall from Princess telling me I can order a Medallion for our upcoming September cruise!

Of course, I have already ordered the Medallion and its "scheduled" to arrive next week...  And, of course, I was unable to fully activate the new "Ocean Ready" app since it went into a "do loop" when I didn't purchase any expensive bracelets or lanyards during app activation.  Really would like to know (not really) why Princess can't tell that our medallions have already been ordered.  Not the type of care or service expected from Princess!  Not expecting much from the medallion once on board, especially based on pre-cruise operations.  Oh well, there is the option to lock them in the safe, covered in foil, and use the cruise card...

My first Medallion I was told that I had to pick it up at the pier. It came in the mail a week later. It was great having it before because I was able to just walk on the ship. Sometimes I just can’t figure out what Princess is doing. 😳

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

We just got off the Royal Princess on B2B cruises from Vanc. B.C. to Alaska and back again. We completed the info and ordered the Medallion on the cell phone and received it about a week later via FedEx. After ordering it we attempted to sign on to the system again and we got the same problems as you did. Prior to getting on board we couldn't access the system. It seems that a lot of people are having the similar type problems. When our Medallions arrived they were was programmed for both legs of the cruise. Nothing further needed to be done. I just think they have a lot of problems to work out with the system. If all else fails, they will issue you a Medallion when you come on board. The only difference is it won't have your names inscribed on it whereas the ones ordered in advance do. 

On an earlier posting I warned people using the medallion to be sure and check their accounts every day or two because people are getting a lot of bogus charges on their account. We got 3 such charges on mine, 2 of which were for drinks we didn't order and in bars we only walked past. We found the ship was very willing to reverse the charges at the customer service desk, but you have to know about those charges before any action can be taken on your part to get rid of them. 

Have a good cruise.

Medallions arrived today!  Woo Hoo!  Dancing in the streets...  Not.  Its too hot out...

They say "Made in China!"  Will be subject to tariffs in the future -  cost of future cruises going up.

Came in a box which was difficult to open and had 3 additional small boxes with nothing inside.  Spouse not pleased this is "wearable."  Looks like she will give one of her necklace's a try, but having it around her neck will get old real quick.  Still think the optimum solution is to lock it in the safe wrapped in foil and use a cruise card which I can pocket easily in a small card carrying wallet that I can also use to carry cash for tips, etc.  That was so easy for going ashore.  Still have to go through in-processing at the pier since the app is stuck in its "do loop."  Plus now have to carefully carry them around Switzerland which we are driving before the cruise...

All this reminds me of the recent changes at Walmart and associated stores: self check-out.  More work for the customer while increasing prices for goods and services.  

Know this is coming: a universal under-skin microchip like used for pet identification.  Will,include all your data, credit info, drivers license, frequent flyer and global entry info, passport info. etc.  Drive by a "toll" booth and "big brother" will know if you are late with a power bill payment and haul you over for the cash!

I posted this on the Ocean Medallion Question Thread but had no response so I'll try again here:
I'm Ocean Ready but a Canadian resident so need to pick up my OM at the port in Vancouver. Can anyone who's been in that situation explain what embarkation will be like? Will being Ocean Ready make any difference if I don't already have the medallion?