On the Allure now... any requests?

bobbie0253

20 hours ago, michelle028 said:

I would like to know if comedy shows repeat throughout the cruise or if there are a few different ones?

Hopefully this helps... We didn’t pay much attention to the comedy info. Too hard to figure out timing with the kids to make a comedy show. 😆

6FA7824D-DD0E-4783-85A0-10FF68D12788.png

On 12/19/2018 at 9:18 AM, bobbie0253 said:

We are on day 4 and so far this cruise has been exceeding our expectations 😊

Does anyone have any requests? I’ll be posting compasses and adventure ocean compasses. I’ll try and get pictures of food and drink menus too. 😊

I would like to know which nights the formal night are, and verify that there is actually 2 rather than 1. My RC app is only showing one so far. Also where there are located, thanks!

4 minutes ago, Ogtubbx3 said:

I read that the formal night dinners were in specific restaurants... do you just eat anywhere?

You are probably thinking of Quantum class, where only one restaurant was formal when the ships first came out.  That's been abandoned.

You can eat anywhere, and it's supposed to be formal in the Main Dining Room, but the reality is that no one cares anymore and you can wear whatever you want.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

You are probably thinking of Quantum class, where only one restaurant was formal when the ships first came out.  That's been abandoned.

You can eat anywhere, and it's supposed to be formal in the Main Dining Room, but the reality is that no one cares anymore and you can wear whatever you want.

I’m not thinking of any class because this is my first cruise... I have no prior knowledge of this just what I read. I’m not asking about dress codes, I’m asking about formal nights which are black tie if you choose... not “whatever you want” areas. 

Ill just wait til we’re there to figure it out. 

1 minute ago, Ogtubbx3 said:

I’m not thinking of any class because this is my first cruise... I have no prior knowledge of this just what I read. I’m not asking about dress codes, I’m asking about formal nights which are black tie if you choose... not “whatever you want” areas. 

Ill just wait til we’re there to figure it out. 

What you read was probably some old info about Quantum class, which is out of date.

There are no areas on the ship on any day or night that require black tie.

Here is what the cruise line suggests:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/formal-dress-code-guideline.html

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

What you read was probably some old info about Quantum class, which is out of date.

There are no areas on the ship on any day or night that require black tie.

Here is what the cruise line suggests:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/formal-dress-code-guideline.html

Yes I did read this before I’m wondering because we are participating in black tie dress code, the videos show the captain and crew addressing everyone I just assumed they did this in a certain area

1 minute ago, Ogtubbx3 said:

Yes I did read this before I’m wondering because we are participating in black tie dress code, the videos show the captain and crew addressing everyone I just assumed they did this in a certain area

There will likely be a Captain's reception on formal night somewhere on the ship (you can have picture taken with him), but again, the dress of passengers varies, a lot.

17 minutes ago, jean-lynd said:

Did they have the Quest?  If so, what day, time and place.  Thanks for your help!

Looks like OP is on board having fun as no posts recently so maybe I can help... I was on the previous cruise Dec 9-16... Quest was day 6, 11:15pm at Studio B. IIRC from looking at previous cruise compasses that day & time is same for both western & eastern itineraries (day 6 prior to the final sea day)

On 12/19/2018 at 6:28 AM, Host Clarea said:

Please check if drink cards are available, and if so the cost and what day did they first appear for sale.

I see Bobbie already answered you here but compass only shows the beer and coffee card... on our sailing the full alcohol drink cards were also available day 4, I believe $79 + 18%. 

On 12/19/2018 at 9:28 AM, Host Clarea said:

Please check if drink cards are available, and if so the cost and what day did they first appear for sale.

They had them last week.  I saw them down at the Promenade Cafe.  Did not see them the first day, but did see them the rest of the week.  $79 for 10 drinks.  I am assuming they add 18% on top of that.  

On 12/19/2018 at 2:43 PM, Thechamp555 said:

How do you find the quality of the buffet in general ?  Good variety of meats at lunch time ?

We thought the buffet was good.  We ate in there every morning and also 2 nights.  One night we had Caribbean night and our Head Waiter actually told us to go there instead of the MDR.  It was fantastic, but we love that kind of food

On 12/20/2018 at 3:15 PM, Ogtubbx3 said:

I would like to know which nights the formal night are, and verify that there is actually 2 rather than 1. My RC app is only showing one so far. Also where there are located, thanks!

Day 2 and day 6. Day 2 the reception type event was on the promenade. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

I see Bobbie already answered you here but compass only shows the beer and coffee card... on our sailing the full alcohol drink cards were also available day 4, I believe $79 + 18%. 

Thank-you.

4 minutes ago, bobbie0253 said:

Johnny Rockets breakfast lived up to the hype! So good 

have to say my husband thought it was the worst breakfast ever.  He said WJ was way better than Johnny Rockets.  But I guess everyone likes something different.