LIVE HoHo Horizon and a Bottle of Tequila Christmas Cruise 12-23-18

itchintocruise

7 hours ago, suess said:

Merry Christmas. Your steak or what's left of it looks great! What was the charge to eat at this restaurant?

Any thoughts on the 'smart' elevators? Can you only use them if you have a certain IQ level? Not sure what they are.

Have you done the Hairy Chest Contest yet? My boyfriend hasn't shaved his chest since August in anticipation of entering the contest when we cruise next month.

Can't wait to hear more from you.

38 bucks for steak. Definitely worth it.

We tend to avoid the elevators in order to burn more calories and in return be able to eat more Chocolate Melting Cakes. When we have used them, my observation is that most people just jump in the first door that opens and are oblivious to where they might end up.

200w.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c22b04d5130454636c

As far as the hairy chest contest, I would be a sad candidate. Sorry no help on that one.

First of all Merry Christmas and thank you for following this review. We hope you had a blessed day with your family. We sure do miss ours.

Today we stopped in Ochie!

I booked our shore excursions with Dr Fun Tours for visiting Dunn’s River Falls first and then Blue Hole. We had a great time at both and would definitely recommend Dr Fun Tours. Everything went smooth with no hiccups with our driver Delton. Going to Dunn’s was our first time and we didn’t know what to expect. It seemed very crowded, but still worth it. The better experience IMHO was at the Blue Hole. Our guide was Javier, I may be misspelling his name. He was very personal and got to know each of our names and took some great pictures for us. The cliff jumping gives you a chance get out of your comfort zone. Do it if your next cruise stops here.

Dunn’s are the first two pics and Blue Hole or Gulley Falls are second two pics.

CC7048E6-C154-453D-9026-0AF14DCDB7D7.jpeg

1360C8BC-41FB-4D17-B073-3A761B294CC4.jpeg

B31AAB41-6EB7-4EE5-9216-FD96610204AA.jpeg

79E6D845-FB82-4091-B334-A3F5301CB81E.jpeg

2 minutes ago, deedle7544 said:

The blue drink looks very interesting!  And I LOVE Dunns River Falls I want to take my kids (ok they re adults..) there on our next cruise.

LOVE your review, thanks for doing it

Thanks for tagging along.

The Blue drink was some kind of pineapple thingy.

i would definitely include the Blue Hole if possible.

Thanks for the review.  Hoping Anna Maria is still behind the Alchemy Bar in 2 weeks.  She's one of the best.

And from a guy who's been on several Bourbon Trail tours over years (me) to a guy who lives on  on the Trail (you), how is the selection at the Pig N Anchor, which I've heard has more than just Makers or Buffalo Trace?

Edited by crewsweeper

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Thanks for the review.  Hoping Anna Maria is still behind the Alchemy Bar in 2 weeks.  She's one of the best.

And from a guy who's been on several Bourbon Trail tours over years (me) to a guy who lives on  on the Trail (you), how is the selection at the Pig N Anchor, which I've heard has more than just Makers or Buffalo Trace?

I’m glad you enjoyed the Bluegrass state’s finest.

I will have to checkout the Bourbon selection tonight.

I will try and ask Annamaria’s schedule tonight. I believe she just got back onboard last month.

On 12/22/2018 at 9:47 AM, itchintocruise said:

I hope I didn’t mislead anyone, but the home boss is 50. I was just trying to be funny. My bad.

I'm awake...and as another 29 and holding... I got it right off the bat (the wink gave it away).  But, I'm detail oriented, ocd..and by the end of the first post decided I had to see how many posts wanted details of how you managed to cruise being a Chiropractor in witness protection and all that.  LOL. Not going on the Horizon...but like your wit. READING. Carry on.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, spiritkat090909 said:

I'm awake...and as another 29 and holding... I got it right off the bat (the wink gave it away).  But, I'm detail oriented, ocd..and by the end of the first post decided I had to see how many posts wanted details of how you managed to cruise being a Chiropractor in witness protection and all that.  LOL. Not going on the Horizon...but like your wit. READING. Carry on.

All in good fun. I hope their is a cruise in your future.

• Like 1

Today the captain anchored the ship near Grand Cayman and we had a nice swim over to Seven Mile beach. We chose to spend a few hours at Calico Jacks. Having been there before we knew what to expect. The cabbie charged us 6 bucks a head and was not pleased when we told her our destination. She was trying to funnel business to Royal Palms. For the more adventurous types you can also take the public bus from downtown that will stop along Seven Mile beach for only 2.50 and no attitude. It’s a dive bar vibe with friendly staff. The WiFi lacked a lot to be desired. 

74B20186-55B4-47E4-A783-F4911935D28D.jpeg

CF425091-71E5-4326-BB7E-CE373E798215.jpeg

F1F5E367-948A-458F-8C0C-EE8AE041FF09.jpeg

7A19F21A-F010-4BDB-842E-E140867C6692.jpeg

8 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

I hope this helps.

BC26E4C4-F41C-4D51-93C7-EAA5EC8AC908.jpeg

• Thanks 1

My boyfriend and I also like to drink when cruising and it appears the same with you. Do you plan on reviewing the other bars onboard? Are the drinks strong? Also what beverage package did you purchase and how many drinks would you say you drink per day? My boyfriend drinks about 20 per day and I average 16 so we think it’s definitely worth getting the beverage package. Your thoughts are appreciated. This will be our first cruise on Carnival next month. 

So while at Calico Jacks my wife aka Home Boss spotted a dog that reminded her of our rescue dog at home. Brandy was rescued by a local who was visiting the bar today. I hope the few dog pets she got in will help her out until we get back home to Jackson aka “Good Boy”.

Jackson joined our tribe of misfit four legged creatures last January. He was rescued from the local shelter. We believe he was penned up outside for his previous 2 years. When we brought him home he had no idea how to cross the threshold of the door and was completely baffled by the texture of the carpet. He has come along way and is now king of the furniture.

So after a more pleasant cab ride back to Georgetown, we did a little T-shirt shopping and waited for the tender back to the ship. Apparently Carnival PR has decided to now call them Water Shuttles. Either way it took forever to unload them once we were ship side.

B5206F2E-16BC-44C6-9FBA-D1B2DB10CE5C.jpeg

CADF1A9F-13B7-46AC-898E-A90C840EAC49.jpeg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, suess said:

My boyfriend and I also like to drink when cruising and it appears the same with you. Do you plan on reviewing the other bars onboard? Are the drinks strong? Also what beverage package did you purchase and how many drinks would you say you drink per day? My boyfriend drinks about 20 per day and I average 16 so we think it’s definitely worth getting the beverage package. Your thoughts are appreciated. This will be our first cruise on Carnival next month. 

Their is only one alcohol package called Cheers. It has 15 drink limit per day with a 20.- cap per drink. I would recommend that you search Cruise Critic for the numerous threads discussing the pro and cons of the package. I have seen spreadsheet analysis and lengthy dissertation regard this subject on the inter webs. I would also read Carnival’s website regarding what’s included and the limitations. Good luck.