LIVE HoHo Horizon and a Bottle of Tequila Christmas Cruise 12-23-18

itchintocruise

Please join us for my dysfunctional LIVE review of our cruise on Carnival Horizon leaving December 23, 2018. I will not be responsible for the content of this review, grammar, spelling, opinion and or anything else construed from this review by you the reader. This will be my first attempt at a LIVE review, so buyer beware.

Background Info and I'm not talking the criminal variety:

• We are gang of 5 seasoned cruises with experience on multiple lines, but primarily on Carnival. We consist of a 54 year old male (me), my beautiful bride (29😉), 2 wonderful daughters (25 and 21) and our oldest daughter's boyfriend (25). We are located in the center of Bourbon country in a county with a greater population of cows than people. Per Witness Protection rules I am unable to disclose our exact location. My first cruise was on RCCL Song of America in 1987 which I am sure has been sold for scrap metal somewhere in India by now. We have also had the pleasure of cruising on Celebrity, NCL and Princess. We are fortunate enough that on this sailing our oldest daughter will turn PLATINUM and we will ride her coattails for the additional perks. "Thanks Mom and Dad for supporting my cruising habit."

We will be leaving tomorrow after work and driving down to the Nashville airport for a direct flight to MIAMI. We normally fly out of the Louisville airport but a comparison on Google Flights showed that we could save 250.- a man which equates to one person cruising for free for an extra 1/2 hour of driving. Easy decision. 

I will check in with updates tomorrow as we prep to hit the road. Buenas noches mis amigos..

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Good Morning and welcome to those following along.

It's off to work this morning for a few hours to make a couple of bucks to defray the cost of this vacay. My profession involves bones, joints, muscles, snapping and cracking sounds, lots of ahhs and the occasional ouch sounds.

giphy.gif

43 minutes ago, amyjoy202697 said:

I will be following! I have a big age difference in my marriage too, my husband is 54 and I am 37, we have been together since I was 20.  We are going on Horizon for Thanksgiving week next year. Excited to see your posts! Have fun!!!

I hope I didn’t mislead anyone, but the home boss is 50. I was just trying to be funny. My bad.

• Haha 1

So for are pre-cruise hotel we chose the Marriott   Biscayne Bay. They offered a package that included 2 welcome cocktails, breakfast and shuttle to the port. The hotel is slightly dated for Marriott standards but serves the purpose for us. Further judgement will be made after breakfast. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

Sad News to report. We received this email from Carnival. We were hoping to take advantage of our newly acquired PLATINUM status and board early.

ARRIVAL APPOINTMENT CHANGE

CARNIVAL HORIZON

DECEMBER 23, 2018

December 21, 2018

Dear Carnival Horizon Guests,

Debarkation from the previous cruise will run later than usual. Since this will impact boarding for your cruise, please delay your Arrival Appointment by one hour (e.g.,11:30 AM - 12:00 PM appointment will become 12:30 PM - 1:00 PM). 

Arriving before your revised time will result in longer wait times.

In preparation for final boarding and departure, all guests must be on board the ship no later than 60 minutes prior to the published sailing time.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard for a FUN and memorable cruise vacation.

Sincerely,

Denese Waiters
Sr. Director, Guest Services - Contact Centers