Cuba Excursions Recommendations Please.

SASMITH

You can just get off and walk around.  In Havana we did  a private tour my husband my husband booked online through Blexie. Our guide was Romilio and he did a great job. We did a walking tour of old Havana, then took one of the old cars through the tunnel to the other side of the bay, had lunch at a paladar, and then spent the rest of the afternoon touring a more modern Havana, and had a stop at the National Hotel which is beautiful.

We toured Cienfuegos on our own but I would recommend doing an excursion as there is not much there.  Plus, tendering was slow and I think it would be a little better if you were on a ship’s excursion.

The Cuba port of call board has a lot of ideas and info.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SASMITH said:

Going to Cuba in Feb on Majesty of the Seas. First time to Cuba. What excursions would you recommend? Probably looking to do a sightseeing type tour. But if you have any "Must DO" lets hear it. Thanks.

Check out the port of call forum:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/765-cuba/

If we had it to do all over again, we would have taken a private tour through Blexie. We took the 5 1/2 hour vintage car tour through Royal. The 1 1/2 hours in the car was fine and lots of fun,  but the rest of the tour by bus was not. And it wasn't 5 1/2 hours either. More like 4 hours and we did not get to see some of the places listed in the Shore Excursion description. Probably one of the worst tours we've ever taken. Would not recommend it. 

Blexie in Havana,  Yuri  (Cubaguider) in Santiago de Cuba, and Caribbean Pearl Tours in Ceinfuegos.  (our guide was Elvis) 

Since we were in Havana 2 days, one day we went to Viñales.  I would not recommend the tour we used, but I would recommend visiting Viñales.  It's beautiful.

Yuri is a history/fact expert!  We were with a group - 4 cars, 8 people.  We paid ahead of time online.  It worked just fine - made me nervous.  But it was nice, since it was a tender, and we didn't have to worry about needing to get cucs and tendering.  Almost too many facts for me! 

Blexie is the best!  We actually had Blexie.  And you can walk around Havana on your own.  We walked around at night and did not have any issues.

We had Elvis give us a tour not listed on their site. (Caribbean Pearl Tours) We just did some research, told Fernando what we wanted,  and Elvis carried out the plan just for us - it was awesome.  I will admit, I did have to check in with Fernando to make sure he knew what we wanted.

What a great experience in Cuba.  I'd like to go back!

32 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

We're going to Cuba next week and have booked a tour with fertours. AWe found them recommended on cruise critic.

We did a tour with Fer tours and it was very interesting . They modified it for us since we have some mobility issues .