Carry on luggage

LindyWebb

Hello everyone 

Looking to see if anyone know if there is a size limit on carry on luggage?  I nicely fit the four cases of pop for the 4 of us in a mid size suitcase with wheels. I am fine finding a nice seat to read on deck until the room is ready so not worried about lugging it about. I just wonder if they will turn it away if it is too big?

appreciate any insight. Board tomorrow!

5 hours ago, Tiger0613 said:

When lying flat, the bag can't exceed 16" high by 24" wide.  The length of the bag when lying flat is not a factor.

That's pretty spacious. Think of the measurements as the shortest two of the three, There is no linear size limit like there is on airlines

6 hours ago, simplelife said:

That's pretty spacious. Think of the measurements as the shortest two of the three, There is no linear size limit like there is on airlines

While I never try to bring a bag of this size on a cruise, every airline checked bag I have will fit through the port scanners.  The only thing that could be an annoyance is porters and other employees strongly encouraging you to check the bag or outright saying you have to check the bag.  If I was going to do this, I would bring a small measuring tape and a printed copy of the luggage help page with the allowed dimensions highlighted as backup.

I have taken the biggest bag everytime to carryon for all our cruises.  I have tons of I must carry on, my jewelry, medical needs, sodas, wine, etc.  DH and I always laugh the 15 times we are asked if we want to check our bag.  I'm not sure if its 28 or 32 but its big.  You just have to heft it up yourself on the table and push it towards the opening then heft it back down after theyve looked inside.

We have the largest suitcases allowed by airlines for checked luggage (not carry on) and we have carried these on the ship without any trouble.  Actually, the size limits are the same for carry on as they are for checked luggage.  Here is the wording from the Carnival website:

Each checked suit case and carry-on suit case should not weigh more than 50 pounds, and when lying flat, bags must not exceed 16 inches high by 24 inches wide (the length of the bag is not a factor). For security screening purposes, all luggage should be unlocked. Oversized luggage and locked luggage may cause delivery delays.  

So I just got back and wanted to update. I had no issues with the luggage. It was a medium size suit case that held 4 cases of pop. Much better then trying to lug cases of pop around which I saw a lot of people doing.  

• Like 1