Shore Excursion Best Price Guarantee Question

sunsetbeachgal

Has anyone had any luck getting credit after filing a claim with Princess Shore Excursion Best Price Guarantee?  I was looking at the destination boards for Belize for recent reviews of the tour to Mayan ruins we booked awhile ago, and noticed a thread about people on Carnival getting price adjustments (OBC) for the exact shore excursion we are on versus a private company tour with the exact same description and timing. 

I filed my claim today.  I have never done this before, we usually book private excursions anyhow, but I was a bit apprehensive about Belize so just thought it safer to stick with cruise line excursion.  Price difference is $50 per person and there are four of us so I figured worth a try!   

Let us know how it works out.

On my last Princess cruise - Princess excursions often included "one more thing" that they charged $100 more for such as a stop for waffles. So it was impossible to get exact excursions to use this option.

I was able to get it for two Alaska shore excursions.  The excursions must be identical.  If you do get it, you will get an email within a few days.  The OBC won't show on your Personalizer because you must complete the Princess excursion and then the OBC gets posted to your onboard account. 

On 12/30/2018 at 11:13 AM, sunsetbeachgal said:

Has anyone had any luck getting credit after filing a claim with Princess Shore Excursion Best Price Guarantee?  I was looking at the destination boards for Belize for recent reviews of the tour to Mayan ruins we booked awhile ago, and noticed a thread about people on Carnival getting price adjustments (OBC) for the exact shore excursion we are on versus a private company tour with the exact same description and timing. 

I filed my claim today.  I have never done this before, we usually book private excursions anyhow, but I was a bit apprehensive about Belize so just thought it safer to stick with cruise line excursion.  Price difference is $50 per person and there are four of us so I figured worth a try!   

I got $50 per person credit on that Belize tour with Carnival. It was easy peasy.  Assume it would be the same with Princess if you find an exact match. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 12:15 PM, Coral said:

Let us know how it works out.

On my last Princess cruise - Princess excursions often included "one more thing" that they charged $100 more for such as a stop for waffles. So it was impossible to get exact excursions to use this option.

Heard back from Princess Shore Excursion Department and they issued OBC in the amount of $61 per person!  Wahoo!  $122 will come in very handy!!  

It took longer than it should have.  Submitted form,, no response, I sent another email after four business days and they said they had not received original but would respond within two days.  Credit issued within one day. Suggest you send another email.  Good luck 

5 hours ago, sunsetbeachgal said:

Heard back from Princess Shore Excursion Department and they issued OBC in the amount of $61 per person!  Wahoo!  $122 will come in very handy!!  

Congrats! Take yourself out to dinner on Princess!

On 12/30/2018 at 9:40 AM, KurtMo said:

I also had luck with it on the "4x4 and Camel Ride" excursion in Cabo San Lucas.

I just submitted for that excursion 3 days ago and they haven't responded. What web site did you use for the comparison for the gty please. 

3 hours ago, Higgamang said:

How long did it take to hear back?   I submitted the form on Jan 2 and no response.  I left a voicemail yesterday and still no response.  

I never heard back for my request for credit for a Mexican snorkeling excursion. Assumed it was denied. When I got on board, I checked my account, and the credit was there.

17 hours ago, sunsetbeachgal said:

Is this for the same cruise you are on or for a future cruise?

On 12/30/2018 at 9:40 AM, KurtMo said:

I also had luck with it on the "4x4 and Camel Ride" excursion in Cabo San Lucas.

what site did you use for a comparison for your price Guarantee for this excursion? I'll be in Cabo on my Mexican Riviera cruise in March. Thanks.

On 1/10/2019 at 9:35 AM, cruzsnooze said:

what site did you use for a comparison for your price Guarantee for this excursion? I'll be in Cabo on my Mexican Riviera cruise in March. Thanks.

I used Cabo Adventures.

I did it last in 2018,  for 2 Alaska excursions very easy to compare apples to apples saved about 100 UDS.....also an Australian excursion last October which really surprised me..as it was not identical)food option was different and time was a little less)...but they still credited my account for 30 AUD per person......

Typically it is difficult to find Identical ones. As vendor might sell to only Princess on your port day so you are SOL. But for the 3 that I thought matched pretty well and showed availability with the vendors...I received OBC.

Edited by land lover