When a reservation is not a reservation

allelect

Several weeks ago I booked online shows we wanted to see aboard our Symphony cruise of 2/23/19. A few days ago I checked our cruise planner to find no reservations for the shows at all. So, I booked them again online and they were confirmed again. Yesterday, I checked our cruise planner again only to find that 2 of the shows were wiped out with a notation "unable to book online"--only on board. I don't know what's going on, but it is frustrating. Anybody else have this problem?

That is why it is best to do screen shots or pdf printouts of all reservations be it paying for something or making a reservation.

Knowing how great RCCL IT infrastructure is I would assume they had issues with their database and just rolled it back.  The issue could also be be with your browser privacy settings, cookies etc..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fredflint said:

That is why it is best to do screen shots or pdf printouts of all reservations be it paying for something or making a reservation.

Even so I can see RCCL not honoring those, saying "Sorry, the shows got cancelled/were all fully booked/etc., you're out of luck, blabla". 

I don't mean to be negative, but stuff happened to me in the past where I had booked shows online prior to boarding and everything looked fine in the cruise planner all the way till the boarding - but then when we boarded and got to our room we found a letter saying sorry, you didn't get the show, I think for at least two of the shows - The Gift on Anthem and can't remember which other one, may be We Will Rock You - but that one we were able to reschedule on board. Just my experience.

Just now, MKESail said:

I don't mean to be negative, but stuff happened to me in the past where I had booked shows online prior to boarding and everything looked fine in the cruise planner all the way till the boarding - but then when we boarded and got to our room we found a letter saying sorry, you didn't get the show,

Reservations typically only exist on the shore side servers till about 1-2 days before the cruise when all that data gets transferred to the ship - during that transfer, stuff can get "lost".

As the other poster said , after you book your shows take a copy of them.

Then when they disappear , call them and after you get the first line of defence insisting that you make the mistake

Ask to be connected to the next level , taking names as you go. I always repeat their name in the conversation.

I was hung up on , so I called back . They claim the line was bad , and it was noted , since I had a name .

After I sent them the copy I got all my reservations magically reappear .

This took a few day's. 

I have had this happen on Anthem and Allure .

Just remember to take names and be firm .

Good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allelect said:

Several weeks ago I booked online shows we wanted to see aboard our Symphony cruise of 2/23/19. A few days ago I checked our cruise planner to find no reservations for the shows at all. So, I booked them again online and they were confirmed again. Yesterday, I checked our cruise planner again only to find that 2 of the shows were wiped out with a notation "unable to book online"--only on board. I don't know what's going on, but it is frustrating. Anybody else have this problem?

Did you get an e-mail confirm of any bookings made to the cruise planner.  I usually take the e-mail confirm with me as proof.

• Like 1

Thanks to all of you for your great advice. Yes, I did originally get email confirms, but didn't keep them. We've been cruising with Royal for 15 years. It's never been a problem before.  I've learned my lesson. Alternatively, we could pay $40 per day for The Key and waltz into whatever shows we want whenever we want! LOL!!!😉

1 hour ago, allelect said:

Thanks to all of you for your great advice. Yes, I did originally get email confirms, but didn't keep them. We've been cruising with Royal for 15 years. It's never been a problem before.  I've learned my lesson. Alternatively, we could pay $40 per day for The Key and waltz into whatever shows we want whenever we want! LOL!!!😉

This is exactly what RCI wants you to do. It proves that their money grab systems are working.

10 hours ago, nelblu said:

Did you get an e-mail confirm of any bookings made to the cruise planner.  I usually take the e-mail confirm with me as proof.

Can not tell you how many times my printed copy restored my reservations and resolved issues while on cruises.  I never leave home without my printed copies of everything I think I might need proof of.  Was able to get all reservations restored for dining after they vanished from planner but only because I had written proof.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snit13 said:

Can not tell you how many times my printed copy restored my reservations and resolved issues while on cruises.  I never leave home without my printed copies of everything I think I might need proof of.  Was able to get all reservations restored for dining after they vanished from planner but only because I had written proof.

This is exactly what I do!!  

I know printing paper copies is “old school”, but it has saved me more than once!!