Problem with Infinite Veranda, on the New Edge

tapemann

If one person awakes in the Morning and wants to sit on the Veranda while the 2nd person sleeps the WHOLE Cabin gets flooded with light! There are NO Darkening shade  at the folding wall at the start of the Veranda. There is only ONE shade on the Veranda. CEL needs to put a 2nd set of room darkening curtins next to the folding wall.

I would NOT Book again until the IV cabins have been modified.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Sorry you are just now learning about this -- this is a design flaw but I don't see Celebrity doing anything about it -- they are very proud of their new IV rooms, despite the many criticisms you can read here on Cruise Critic and elsewhere.  

I guess the worry for Celebrity is going to be repeat bookers of which there are many. If cruisers refuse to return to another IV cabin the other choices look very limited, many people can’t afford suite cruising. The combination of a decent percentage of loyal Celebrity customers not returning to that particular ship and those that have read about it and would not book it in the first place would suggest they are going to have to rely on a steady stream of new people. They won’t lose loyal customers, the vast majority will just revert back to M and S class cruising which is still a great product overall  but they must now be aware it’s not going to be as rosy moving forward as they first though. I do think prices will have to drop substantially as a first move though.

2 hours ago, yorky said:

I guess the worry for Celebrity is going to be repeat bookers of which there are many. If cruisers refuse to return to another IV cabin the other choices look very limited, many people can’t afford suite cruising. The combination of a decent percentage of loyal Celebrity customers not returning to that particular ship and those that have read about it and would not book it in the first place would suggest they are going to have to rely on a steady stream of new people. They won’t lose loyal customers, the vast majority will just revert back to M and S class cruising which is still a great product overall  but they must now be aware it’s not going to be as rosy moving forward as they first though. I do think prices will have to drop substantially as a first move though.

Prices will drop as word gets around. I would still like to see a poll for those that have sailed on Edge in an IV and would take one again at the current pricing level.

I can see where the other cabins will become the higher price categories and the IV will be less unless they add some extra fluff to make them appear to be more desirable but it will only fool people for a short time.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

My husband and I already sleep nightly with sleep masks. It's been proven that sleep quality is greatly improved if you sleep in a totally blacked out environment. Plus, we enjoy the freedom to get up and putter around without waking the other with lights. So while I think the IV's lack of a curtain is a horrible design flaw, it won't bother us light-wise. Now privacy-wise when in port, and sound... that's another story.