Cruise prior to dry dock?

azdrydock

We are thinking of Monte Carlo to Athens in October 2019 on the Marina and there is nothing published until 10 days later from Venice. Rumor is it is dry dock, but in a similar situation on another line last month it turned out to be a charter. 

If it is pre dry dock what can we expect? Will they start thr renovation during the cruise, will fresh food be scarce, will they giveaway the silverware?

Do try to find out i it is drydock or charter.

May well just be booked out to a group as you say.

There was a plethora of complaints/bad reviews on this site about the cruise before NCL Sun went into drydock (NCL is sister company to O of course)...enough for me to never do the pre-drydock cruise on any line ever. 

One’s Travel Agent is an excellent source for this information. They can swiftly go straight to higher sources within Oceania and obtain accurate answers without all the guessing and speculation. There are lots of benefits some of us obtain from our TA other than financial ones. 

have not seen them give away the silverware  before drydock

I believe it is the same  from the beginning 😉

You could  speculate   or call Oceania  to see there is  a drydock scheduled

The only thing  I have seen is the Owners  suites will be updated  Marina in May 2020 & Riviera April 2019

Just received a Xmas gift of continuation with Riviera in 2020 from my DH. We are doing a TA Miami to Rome 3/31/2020-4/15/2020. 5 days later Riviera will leave Monte Carlo to Barcelona on 4/19/2020. She is going into dry dock prior to our next departure. Our TA from O let us know that nothing prior to us leaving from Miami will change. No work onboard. Will see. On our HAL Cruises they would be tearing up carpet etc. Still won’t damper our adventures! Been there done that way too many times. It’s all about destinations and fun. I thought it was a charter but no.

Denise😊

5 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Just received a Xmas gift of continuation with Riviera in 2020 from my DH. We are doing a TA Miami to Rome 3/31/2020-4/15/2020. 5 days later Riviera will leave Monte Carlo to Barcelona on 4/19/2020. She is going into dry dock prior to our next departure.

Denise😊

Are you saying  she is going in to drydock for the 5 days inbetween your sailings ??

Yup!!! That is what I was told by my O TA.

She will be going in in 2019, and I asked why again? He said it is minor stuff they will be doing. We really wanted to stay on from our TA and was hoping to continue on to Venice. Nope time reserved was 5 days for her prior to Monte Carlo!

seems strange to me!

Denise😊

44 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

She will be going in in 2019, and I asked why again? He said it is minor stuff they will be doing. We really wanted to stay on from our TA and was hoping to continue on to Venice. Nope time reserved was 5 days for her prior to Monte Carlo!

seems strange to me!

Denise😊

I agree that is strange

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

seems strange to me!

Denise😊

43 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I agree that is strange

28 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU !!!

your always giving me good advice as well as Mura on O! Much appreciated 

Denise😊

I would agree with you but with leaving on Hal on 3/11/20 to do a Panama Cruise which we have done so many cruises before Drydock on HAL this is fine! foellowinf with O on a TA to Rome on 3/31 we will get off and get on her again in Monte Carlo!  We have already booked theses cruises with HAL back in Feb 2018 when we were doing a month to South America. Oceania we booked in April 2018! So will see ! Being gone for 3 months to Europe. This isn’t our first time. 

Happy New Year

Denise😊

12 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I would agree with you but with leaving on Hal on 3/11/20 to do a Panama Cruise which we have done so many cruises before Drydock on HAL this is fine! foellowinf with O on a TA to Rome on 3/31 we will get off and get on her again in Monte Carlo!  We have already booked theses cruises with HAL back in Feb 2018 when we were doing a month to South America. Oceania we booked in April 2018! So will see ! Being gone for 3 months to Europe. This isn’t our first time. 

Happy New Year

Denise😊

Good luck.  Hope you have a great time.   

I have never been concerned about drydock before or after a scheduled cruise but based on recent posts, I think I would be in the future!  It does sound strange for a 5 day gap for a drydock but if the planned repairs are truly minor, perhaps it makes sense.  This also gives you time for a 5 day in-between land trip, which is nice.  When we did our Riviera Monte Carlo to Rome to Barcelona cruise (a 15 day B2B) this past May we arrived early and spent two days in Nice.  Then had a private transfer from Nice to the port with tours in Eze and Monte Carlo before arriving at the port.  I wouldn't have minded having a few more days!

Thanks for the nice words, Denise!

Mura

3 hours ago, Mura said:

I have never been concerned about drydock before or after a scheduled cruise but based on recent posts, I think I would be in the future!  It does sound strange for a 5 day gap for a drydock but if the planned repairs are truly minor, perhaps it makes sense.  This also gives you time for a 5 day in-between land trip, which is nice.  When we did our Riviera Monte Carlo to Rome to Barcelona cruise (a 15 day B2B) this past May we arrived early and spent two days in Nice.  Then had a private transfer from Nice to the port with tours in Eze and Monte Carlo before arriving at the port.  I wouldn't have minded having a few more days!

Thanks for the nice words, Denise!

Mura

Mura you think like me!!!!

in Nice on Promenade des Angalis my parents have a apt. Which has been in our family so we always go there! Will do the same again this next year. 

Enjoy 2019 with good health and smooth cruising!!!

Denise😊

On 1/1/2019 at 7:17 AM, azdrydock said:

We are thinking of Monte Carlo to Athens in October 2019 on the Marina and there is nothing published until 10 days later from Venice. Rumor is it is dry dock, but in a similar situation on another line last month it turned out to be a charter. 

If it is pre dry dock what can we expect? Will they start thr renovation during the cruise, will fresh food be scarce, will they giveaway the silverware?

YES.  On my last Oceania Cruise I was told by a long time Oceania (Penthouse) President’s Circle Level PAX, that pre-dry dock,  you may be able to take the silverware,  sometimes a dinner plate....  Or even a full silverware  and dinnerware setting.    Ask the  Maitre D’.

Good luck and Happy Sailing in 2019.

8FA1936E-A00C-4535-B322-B4919A444CBD_zps

Edited by Kingofcool1947

On 1/2/2019 at 8:18 PM, Kingofcool1947 said:

YES.  On my last Oceania Cruise I was told by a long time Oceania (Penthouse) President’s Circle Level PAX, that pre-dry dock,  you may be able to take the silverware,  sometimes a dinner plate....  Or even a full silverware  and dinnerware setting.    Ask the  Maitre D’.

Thanks.... If we would have known there was a chance for a full set of dinnerware we would have kept the reservation :classic_biggrin:. Since we confirmed that it was a scheduled refit we changed our plans. 

On 1/2/2019 at 10:18 PM, Kingofcool1947 said:

8FA1936E-A00C-4535-B322-B4919A444CBD_zps

Somehow I don't think so.   Good try.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StanandJim said:

When we feed the Trolls by referencing their leg-pulls, they will never stop-  😒

6 hours ago, StanandJim said:

When we feed the Trolls by referencing their leg-pulls, they will never stop-  😒

Seems to be a lot of fake news everywhere, even cruise critic.