Minibar tradeout

pilot

We won't qualify for the mini-bar until next November when we have a 14 day TA from Barcelona to FLL.  My wife won't drink the Gin and, while I do love a good Scotch the stuff they offer in the mini-bar is <shudder> Dewar's. I may well opt to swap the Gin and Scotch for Courvoisier VS. My wife also doesn't care for Dos Equis so, if they will allow swapping beer for liquor we may get even more cognac. (Of course I could just leave things as they are delivered and have it all for ME! Bwahahahahahahahaha...) November is a long way off. Who knows what life may hold for us before then. The mini-bar isn't really all that exciting but seems to be one of the better Elite perks.

1 hour ago, tempus137 said:

Can you have them just empty out the minibar if you don't want anything?

I know on NCL, all you have to do is ask your steward.

If you don't want it then don't use it or give it away.  There is no charge for it as it is an Elite perk

1 hour ago, tempus137 said:

I believe that Princess only gives you a mini-bar setup if you are receiving it as a perk. So Elites and Suites get them at no charge.

On 1/3/2019 at 6:15 PM, Host CJSKIDS said:

You can swap the mini bottles of liquor for whatever other mini bottles of liquor you want. Rum isn’t one of the ones we have ever gotten in our mini bar set up. 

You can swap the  soda for whatever kindness of soda you wish, including to diet soda or cans of tonic or club soda. 

I have never swapped out the beer so can’t help you on that one!

Thanks for your advice.

We will be doing our first cruise as Elite to Hawaii in November and appreciate the mini bar advice.

19 minutes ago, Rebels82 said:

We will be in a full Suite. From an earlier post, it sounds like other bottles can’t be swapped for rum. Is 1 bottle of rum in the original setup? Sounds like rum lovers are out of luck. Thanks.

No rum. Period. Please note that, if you are Elite, you will get two mini-bar setups. One for being Elite and one for being in a Full Suite.

The Mini Bar setup consists of two of each of the following:

Courvoisier VS
Beefeater Gin
Skyy Vodka
Dewar's Scotch Whisky
Dos Equis Beer

Coke
Sprite
Tonic Water
Perrier
Bottled Water

Any alcohol can be traded for any other alcohol or non-alcoholic beverage...

This is taken from the Princess FAQ:

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?
Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine. You can choose one of the following:
Chardonnay Kendall-Jackson
Sauvignon Blanc Nobilo
Cabernet Sauvignon Kendall-Jackson
Pinot Noir Robert Mondavi.
Unwooded Chardonnay, Kendall Jackson (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)
Wyndhams, Bin 444 Cabernet Sauvignon (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)
Brown Brothers, Shiraz (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Edited by Thrak

Two Elites in cabin should equal two mini bars.  Nope, but you do get two lots of Internet and free laundry, (never had a problem with getting it back within 36 hours).

Only one upgraded toiletries package was given,  when we asked for a second, mother and daughter travelling, both Elite we were told only one per cabin.  Eventually we got the second one,  but it required a bit of hard work.  Bit petty.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Thrak said:

No rum. Period. Please note that, if you are Elite, you will get two mini-bar setups. One for being Elite and one for being in a Full Suite.

The Mini Bar setup consists of two of each of the following:

Courvoisier VS
Beefeater Gin
Skyy Vodka
Dewar's Scotch Whisky
Dos Equis Beer

Coke
Sprite
Tonic Water
Perrier
Bottled Water

Any alcohol can be traded for any other alcohol or non-alcoholic beverage...

This is taken from the Princess FAQ:

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?
Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine. You can choose one of the following:
Chardonnay Kendall-Jackson
Sauvignon Blanc Nobilo
Cabernet Sauvignon Kendall-Jackson
Pinot Noir Robert Mondavi.
Unwooded Chardonnay, Kendall Jackson (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)
Wyndhams, Bin 444 Cabernet Sauvignon (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)
Brown Brothers, Shiraz (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Often in a full suite when elite you have to ask for your second set up.....it has been our experience that 2 are not set up at the onset of the cruise.

4 hours ago, tempus137 said:

Its not like a mini bar in a hotel etc where you get charged for using things.

It's a one time free setup as a perk for Elite/Suites.

On 1/6/2019 at 6:33 AM, 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere said:

Hi does anyone know whether Ginger Ale is available in exchange for the mini bottles of alcohol, appreciate you can get coke or sprite but would prefer Ginger Ale. TIA

Yes, regular only, not diet.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, IndiTravler said:

Variation on the trade in question.    

If I trade in the minibar for the 2 coffee cards, can I give one to my friend in a different cabin?  

No. It is loaded on your cruise card. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
39 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Instead of trading the entire mini-bar, can you just request to trade 6 of the 20 items for 6 extra bottles of Pierre Water?

Maybe, if it is available. In the past we have only been able to trade for like items included in the base minibar setup.  On our cruise earlier this month, we received a different minibar setup than what we have seen before.  We got club soda instead of Perrier.  We substituted the club soda for something else, but never asked if Perrier was available.  We also got Rum for the first time (instead of cognac).

Edited by Jersey42

13 minutes ago, Jersey42 said:

Maybe, if it is available. In the past we have only been able to trade for like items included in the base minibar setup.  On our cruise earlier this month, we received a different minibar setup than what we have seen before.  We got club soda instead of Perrier.  We substituted the club soda for something else, but never asked if Perrier was available.  We also got Rum for the first time (instead of cognac).

Rum??  What ship?