Our family ADVENTURE - Live - Photo heavy review

While in Labadee the teens went snorkeling.  They came across the weirdest sea creature any of us have ever seen.  It was camouflaged on the bottom of the ocean floor  and looked really strange.  Then another little girl who was snorkeling along side of them used her net that she brought and scooped the creature up.  What came up was something from a nightmare!!  Does anyone have any clue what this thing is?????

DSCN0025.JPG

DSCN0026.JPG

DSCN0027.JPG

DSCN0030.JPG

11 hours ago, Soundview77 said:

I think maybe, possibly, perhaps, the sea creature is a monkfish.

We need the fishermen and/or marine biologists to weigh in on that.

I tried to post a video of it but I couldn't get it to go through. Anyone know how to post a video?

7 hours ago, KroozFoolz said:

Looking forward to more - hope you and your family are having a great time!

A question - did the ship's time move an hour ahead to be on the same time as PR, St. Martin, and St. Kitts?

We moved an hour ahead so ship time was the same as island time. 

• Like 1

Just got back from The Quest!  If you have not gone you definitely need to.  We laughed so much tonight.  The internet hasn't been the greatest with uploading pictures so I have gotten really behind.  Tomorrow is our last sea day 😞 then back to Ft. Lauderdale. Whatever I don't get posted before the trip is over I will finish posting on our long drive home.  We are so sad that our time on the ship is almost finished.  So far I haven't found a length of a cruise that has been long enough!

• Like 1

Day 4 - San Juan

We had originally wanted to take the kids to the forts but with the government shut down that wasn't possible so we started the day off with a walk to El Morro and bought some kites for the kids to fly.  They had an absolute blast and didn't want to stop.  While there we walked over and look down on the cemetery that is there.  We weren't sure how to get down into and since the kids didn't have much of an interest we just took pictures from above. 

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0029.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0056.JPG

After that we went to explore the town.  The first stop along the way is the Totem Pole, then we went and explored the Cathedral of San Juan Bautista.  It was absolutely beautiful.  There were so many interesting things to see inside. Even the kids enjoyed all the beautiful artwork.

DSC_0087.JPG

DSC_0089.JPG

DSC_0090.JPG

DSC_0092.JPG

DSC_0094.JPG

DSC_0095.JPG

DSC_0096.JPG

DSC_0097.JPG

DSC_0098.JPG

DSC_0099.JPG

One big negative is that they don’t offer valet luggage service on Adventure.  I’ve never been on a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale that doesn’t offer it so I’m perplexed.  Love putting our luggage out in the evening and not seeing it until we get home to Chicago.  

Cruise has been wonderful.