Our family ADVENTURE - Live - Photo heavy review

Today was a Sea Day and it was BEAUTIFUL.  Around 2:00 it rained for a short time but other than that the sun was shining and it was nice and warm out.   

The kids wanted to go swimming today so while the teens enjoyed the pool we took Ian to the splash pad.  It looks bigger than it really is because part of it was for very young and part was for a little older.  But it was really nice just having a place for him to play and get wet.  He was more than content there.   There was one issue, (it didn't personally happen to us but we felt bad) 2 different times parents brought a child over to the smaller side of the splash area, the children were around 3-4 and the person watching told them that their child was to big for this area.  The dad questioned what they were supposed to do because they originally went over to the other side of the splash area and they were told their child was to small.  The man watching said unfortunately there wasn't anything he could do. The child was very upset because there ended up not being a single place that they could be in the water. A short time later the same thing happened to another child and they also went away in tears.  I think that if they have the splash area and they are to small to use the larger slide then they should be allowed to play in the small side. 

After swimming we took the kids to the water slide and then to the Florider.   They had such a blast with both things. 

DSC_0183.JPG

DSC_0187.JPG

DSC_0207.JPG

DSC_0209.JPG

DSC_0217.JPG

DSC_0228.JPG

DSC_0340.JPG

DSC_0229.JPG

DSC_0260.JPG

DSC_0293.JPG

• Like 1

"There was one issue, (it didn't personally happen to us but we felt bad) 2 different times parents brought a child over to the smaller side of the splash area, the children were around 3-4 and the person watching told them that their child was to big for this area.  The dad questioned what they were supposed to do because they originally went over to the other side of the splash area and they were told their child was to small.  The man watching said unfortunately there wasn't anything he could do. The child was very upset because there ended up not being a single place that they could be in the water. A short time later the same thing happened to another child and they also went away in tears.  I think that if they have the splash area and they are to small to use the larger slide then they should be allowed to play in the small side. "

I think the parents should have asked to speak with the supervisor of the individuals involved to get this resolved.  Most likely a misunderstanding of the policies on behalf of the crew.

• Like 1

Loving your detailed review!  Thanks for bringing us along. We will be on adventure in less than a month! 

Can kids wear water shoes in splash away bay?  I have heard about the height requirement and am a bit worried- my 5.5 year old is just under the 42 inches and want to avoid being the teary eyed ones!  

Enjoy the the rest of your trip!

4 hours ago, WI-Cruiser said:

"There was one issue, (it didn't personally happen to us but we felt bad) 2 different times parents brought a child over to the smaller side of the splash area, the children were around 3-4 and the person watching told them that their child was to big for this area.  The dad questioned what they were supposed to do because they originally went over to the other side of the splash area and they were told their child was to small.  The man watching said unfortunately there wasn't anything he could do. The child was very upset because there ended up not being a single place that they could be in the water. A short time later the same thing happened to another child and they also went away in tears.  I think that if they have the splash area and they are to small to use the larger slide then they should be allowed to play in the small side. "

I think the parents should have asked to speak with the supervisor of the individuals involved to get this resolved.  Most likely a misunderstanding of the policies on behalf of the crew.

Yes I hope that was the reason. If it had been us we would have talked with someone else about it because it really didnt seem fair.

11 minutes ago, end753 said:

Loving your detailed review!  Thanks for bringing us along. We will be on adventure in less than a month! 

Can kids wear water shoes in splash away bay?  I have heard about the height requirement and am a bit worried- my 5.5 year old is just under the 42 inches and want to avoid being the teary eyed ones!  

Enjoy the the rest of your trip!

You will have so much fun! This ship is non stop fun!

Yes there where quite a few little ones with water shoes on.  Hopefully they dont give you any issues. If they do like WI-Cruiser said I would talk to someone else if it does happen to you because it doesnt seem right.

Yesterday we went to the ice show, Cool Art - Hot Ice. It is amazing what these skaters can do on such a small area of ice.  While the story line of the show didnt make a whole lot of sense to us it was very enjoyable and definitely worth seeing. 

20190106_151911.jpg

20190106_153252.jpg

20190106_150415.jpg

20190106_151730(0).jpg

Thank you so much for taking us along on your trip!  I've loved reading it all.  

I do have a few more questions since we'll be on the ship in March if you get a moment, but no worries if not till after the trip.  

You have a great picture on here that shows into the controls/captains on the ship.  How did you get this/see this area?  My boys would love to see this area.  We've been on many ships and I've never seen that view.  

Do you have to reserve ahead for ice show or do you just show up?  

Thank you!  

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:40 AM, Great 2 B at Sea said:

Love everything you are posting, especially the pictures.....great job!  We've never been on this ship before, and we are doing a B2B2B on it beginning Feb. 16th.  Looking forward to the rest of your review.  Have a wonderful cruise!!

So jelous! Would love to do a B2B sometime and a B2B2B would be heaven!  You will love the ship, there is so much to do!

12 hours ago, traveler1980 said:

Thank you so much for taking us along on your trip!  I've loved reading it all.  

I do have a few more questions since we'll be on the ship in March if you get a moment, but no worries if not till after the trip.  

You have a great picture on here that shows into the controls/captains on the ship.  How did you get this/see this area?  My boys would love to see this area.  We've been on many ships and I've never seen that view.  

Do you have to reserve ahead for ice show or do you just show up?  

Thank you!  

To see the bridge go to deck 11 and on the port side (left) there will be a plaque about the peek-a-boo bridge. Follow the deck around and you can't miss it.  It is really neat to see all of that.  It is only closed after sundown (unless weather is not good)  

For the ice show you do not have to make reservations just show up.  We got there about 15 min early and didn't have any issues finding seats. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First sea day was formal night.  We all had fun dressing up!  After formal night the teens had a teen ice skating event.  The only downside of this is our 12 year old can not participate in these type of teen events with out a parent present.  While we don't mind watching him, I'm sure he would have rather have went by himself.  I think they should lower the age to 12 to have a parent there. 

DSC_0352.JPG

DSC_0359.JPG

DSC_0363.JPG

DSC_0366.JPG

DSC_0368.JPG

DSC_0358.JPG

On 1/7/2019 at 8:40 AM, Great 2 B at Sea said:

Love everything you are posting, especially the pictures.....great job!  We've never been on this ship before, and we are doing a B2B2B on it beginning Feb. 16th.  Looking forward to the rest of your review.  Have a wonderful cruise!!

You will be with us on the 24th.  Make sure you join our roll call.

Day 3 - Labadee, Haiti  - We couldn't have asked for a better day today.  It was in the high 80s and the sun was shining.  We spent the day at Columbus cove, the water was crystal clear and the sand was super soft.  My ONLY complaint would be while playing in the sand we came across these extremely tiny clear bugs that would bite. Definitely not fun, luckily they were not in the water which is where we spent most of the time.  The teens did the inflatable water park and had so much fun.  If this is something you are considering doing my suggestion to you would be select a time later in the afternoon.  We choose 10:00 am and while they had a blast, it seemed that a ton of other people also chose 10:00 am.  However, in the afternoon there were hardly anyone at the park and you almost have it to yourself. 

This was my husband and I's second time visiting Labadee, but the kids first.  We had prepared them for what the Artisans Village is like.   If you have never been to Labadee be prepared to be bombarded with extremely pushy venders.  They want to put everything in your hands so that you feel pressured to buy it, and they try to "give" you things. We knew this going into the day so after lunch my husband, baby and all the money stayed at the beach.  I took the teens up to look at everything.  As soon as we started telling them that we were just there to look that we had no money and that we would be coming back later to purchase before we headed back to the boat they got way less pushy.  Now that doesn't mean that there still wasn't some pushiness but it was considerably less.  Plus, it stopped the kids from doing any guilt purchasing.  After looking at everything they had the rest of the afternoon to decide what they wanted to actually purchase, so when we went back they were able to go into a stall, do their haggling, and then we were on our way.  WAY less painful that way.  Also, make sure to go in with SMALL bills and stick to the price you want to pay.  My one son had $10 set aside for a souvenir from Labadee.  He found a wooden sword that he wanted.  When he asked the man how much it cost he said $65.  He said, ok never mind I don't have that much.  The guy instantly dropped his price to $40. I told him that he has $10 to spend. He dropped the price again to $20. I said thank you for the offer, but he only has $10 so he can look for something else.  Before we could walk away he said, "Just for you $10" So they will definitely drop in their prices. Plus pretty much every stall sells the same things so if one of them doesn't another one will!

DSC_0372.JPG

DSC_0375.JPG

DSC_0376.JPG

DSC_0448.JPG

DSC_0453.JPG

DSC_0466.JPG

DSC_0481.JPG

DSCN0019.JPG

DSC_0483.JPG

• Thanks 1