Our family ADVENTURE - Live - Photo heavy review

Check in was the fastest I think it has ever been for us.  From walking in the front doors at Pier 29 to walking onto the ship took us a total about 20 min.  That was even with them having to retake our pictures. (they must not have liked the ones I submitted!)  Since we have brought my niece along we had her parents fill out the Royal Caribbean permission slip and had it notarized.  I pulled it out to show the lady who was checking us in and she had no clue what that was and didn't even look at it.  I did think that was pretty strange.  The overcast day that we woke up to ended up turning into the most beautiful sunny day today!  Such a great start to the cruise!

20190105_105235.jpg

• Like 1

First stop once on board was to the Windjammer for lunch.  This is our first time on Adventure and I really like how this Windjammer is laid out.  Loved having the hand washing stations right inside, the kids thought the built in hand driers were pretty cool.  We had no issues finding a table.  This Windjammer also has a bar inside of it.  Not sure if that is normal for this size of ship or not.  I don't remember one of them when we sailed on the Freedom.   Food was typical buffet food, but none of us had any trouble finding something good to eat!  The pineapple was AMAZING!

20190105_113144.jpg

20190105_113148.jpg

20190105_113153.jpg

20190105_113202.jpg

20190105_113355.jpg

20190105_115107.jpg

1 hour ago, traveler1980 said:

We will be on Adventure in March with our two sons ages 6 and 9.  I'd love to hear about any of the activities your kids do and if they use Adventure Ocean.  I'm curious too if you ever split up your dining with having kids with you them sending them to Adventure Ocean.  Thanks for the reports!  

This will be our first cruise with no one in Adventure Ocean.  Our youngest is 2 so he's still to young and the older are all in  the teen club.  However, every cruise we've been on Adventure Ocean was their favorite. They always hated when we came to pick them up.  I will grab the Daily Planner for the kids club tomorrow and post that for you so you can see their activities.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our room....We are staying in room 9200 which is a Family Oceanview.  It sleeps 6 with a second bedroom (large closet! lol) with a set of bunk beds.  This room is SOOO NICE and SUPER spacious.  When you first walk in the door on the right side is the extra bedroom which has bunkbeds, a shelf at the end of each bed and a small closet. There is plenty of room at the end of the bed to store suitcases. Across the hall from that is the bathroom. Typical small cruise ship bathroom. I do love that Adventure has the sliding shower door instead of just the shower curtain. The room itself has a full size couch, a desk, the normal vanity, 2 more closets a chair, to storage ottomans, 2 windows that look over the helipad and a TON of floor space.  The pictures I took aren't the best since it is hard to get good angles in the smaller spaces, I will try to do a video of it before the week is out.   

20190105_130138.jpg

20190105_130212.jpg

20190105_130239.jpg

20190105_130311.jpg

20190105_130313.jpg

20190105_130323.jpg

20190105_130333.jpg

20190105_130339.jpg

20190105_130341.jpg

20190105_130351.jpg

20190105_130400.jpg

20190105_130409.jpg

20190105_130413.jpg

20190105_133313.jpg

• Like 1

For our muster drill we were A2 and our station was on floor 5 in the Imperial Lounge, so that was a nice change from having to be outside.  During the muster drill my little one crashed.  We have the 5:30 dinner time and he was still sleeping but we decided to go there anyway thinking the noise would wake him up.  Our server is Antonio and he is amazing.  When he came up to introduce himself and saw that Ian was sleeping he said, "I'll be right back." He came back with an extra dining room chair and a table cloth. He pushed 2 chairs together and used the table cloth as a pillow and made a bed to lay him on so my husband didn't have to hold him through dinner. He ended up staying asleep the whole time!  Today is my oldest son's 14th birthday so they brought him out a piece of cake and sang him happy birthday.  Everyone raved about the food they had tonight, everything was so good. 

20190105_164329.jpg

20190105_173928.jpg

20190105_174607.jpg

20190105_174619.jpg

20190105_174633.jpg

20190105_185218.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shorti503 said:

First stop once on board was to the Windjammer for lunch.  This is our first time on Adventure and I really like how this Windjammer is laid out.  Loved having the hand washing stations right inside, the kids thought the built in hand driers were pretty cool.  We had no issues finding a table.  This Windjammer also has a bar inside of it.  Not sure if that is normal for this size of ship or not.  I don't remember one of them when we sailed on the Freedom.   Food was typical buffet food, but none of us had any trouble finding something good to eat!  The pineapple was AMAZING!

The bar outside the WJ on Freedom was our nightly hang out. Those bartenders were the best and helped us branch out on drinks to try.

We've (me, DH and DD10) only sailed NCL, but thinking of trying the Adventure, possibly March Break 2020.  We would be introducing cruising to my parents and my sister, BIL and Nephew11. We are also looking at the 8-night cruise. Price is too good to pass up. The exchange is killer for us Canadians right now.

I love the little dining room chair-bed!  And even more so, the waiter's thoughtfulness in putting it together for you. 

Also it looks entirely possible for six persons to share your AWESOME cabin without causing one another bodily harm. :) There is a LOT of sunlight coming in through those gigantic portholes!  The bunk bed closet seems perfectly adequate for a couple of teenagers.  So glad you are already enjoying everything so much. 

I believe these have been renamed to Ultra Spacious Ocean View.  Likely the marketing people realized some customers took the Family designation as a rule, not an opportunity.  Thank you for the great pics!   We will be on this ship later this year.

3 minutes ago, Pattyhoo said:

Enjoying your review and pictures. So sweet of the staff to make your little guy comfortable! We often forget that many of the crew have children of their own that they don’t see for months. 

Our Daughter has been cruising since age 3 (she is now 24) and no matter which ship or line, the Dining Room staff have always done an excellent job taking care of her.

After Ian finally woke up he of course was hungry so we took him to the Windjammer to eat while the teens went to the first night of the teen club. Tonight at the Windjammer was Italian night they had so many different choices and most of it looked really good. We really enjoyed looking at all the sculpted (not sure if that's the right word for it) bread. 

20190105_194748.jpg

20190105_194802.jpg

20190105_194952.jpg

20190105_195353.jpg

• Like 1

Tonight the teens and I went to the Welcome Aboard Show and my husband stayed back to put the 2 year old to bed since the show didnt start till 10:15. The show was ok, the comedian was HILARIOUS.   He had another show at 11:30 also so we got the teens settled back in the room and my husband and I went back out to watch that.  It says it is an Adult Comedy Show and they were not kidding. Definitely not suitable for kids but so worth going to he was so funny!  We got back the room around 12:45 and everyone was sound asleep. It was such a fun first day!  

20190105_220909.jpg

20190105_220904.jpg

20190105_220451.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks like you are having a great time so far.  One of the things l love about cruising...you can get pictures of teenagers with smiles on their faces. :classic_biggrin:

So true!!!! I tell my kids before we leave that I paid for the trip I will get as many pictures as I want and you will smile or you wont go next time.  The best thing about cruises though is very seldom are the smiles ever forced!

8 hours ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

We've (me, DH and DD10) only sailed NCL, but thinking of trying the Adventure, possibly March Break 2020.  We would be introducing cruising to my parents and my sister, BIL and Nephew11. We are also looking at the 8-night cruise. Price is too good to pass up. The exchange is killer for us Canadians right now.

Yes, the exchange rate is brutal right now, but we still have 6 cruises booked for this year:) Where in Nova Scotia are you located?