Cruising on a Chartered Ship

My family and I booked a cruise about 6 months ago for my wedding. We have a group booked and everything. About two weeks ago, I come across something online with a COMPLETELY different itinerary for the same dates, on the same ship. It was a charter company that chartered the boat. 

However, instead of cancellation or calling us to reschedule since it is chartered, I logged on today and my cruise changed to this charter cruise. No notification and my travel agent had no idea either. 

Does it happen/ has it happened to anyone before? The whole cruise is different and I’m not sure how to feel about it.

4 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Never heard of the happening before.

but what would you prefer, they cancel it or the new arrangement?

I’m glad we still have a cruise. I wish we would have been notified- and this also raises some questions.. This charter is an age 13+ cruise and my daughter has already been booked with us. So now we have to see if she will still be able to board..

26 minutes ago, hlandrews12 said:

March 1 2020

If this is the explorer of the seas it is a full ship charter.  I was notified today and received several different options to rebook on different dates.

the notices have gone out.  You can call Royal and they will explain your options.  You do not have the option to remain on this sailing.

heres the letter,

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to let you know that, regrettably, we have to cancel your Explorer of the Seas March 1st, 2020 cruise, as it has been chartered. We know this news is disappointing and apologize for the impact to your vacation.

We want every aspect of your vacation to be enjoyable. So, we’ve put together some alternate options that we hope you will take advantage of.

Option 1: Re-book one of the following 2020 sailings

Explorer of the Seas

February 16th or March 15th departing from Miami, Florida, sailing to Nassau, Bahamas and our own private destination, Labadee, Haiti. Nassau and Labadee has lots to offer. Starting in Nassau, home to some of the most beautiful beaches. You are sure to find miles of white sand, clear water, and sunshine. And, while in Labadee, we’re confident you’ll enjoy riding the world’s largest zip line over water, kicking back on a private bungalow at Nellie’s beach, or savoring some local cuisine at one of our three complimentary cafes.

What you’ll receive: 

• Your original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities and other non-cruise fare items. 
  • You’ll receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom: 
    • $100 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $200 for Suites 
    • Plus, an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard
  • And, you’ll be reimbursed for non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $400 per guest for International flights).

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean sailingand receive the following credits to spend onboard per stateroom:

• Reimbursement of non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $400 per guest for International flights).

Option 3: If you choose to cancel, we’ll be sad to see you go

• We will process a full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form of payment, including any non-refundable deposit. Please note, if you choose this option, we will not provide any additional compensation, including air reimbursement.

It’s important to us that you find the best vacation option. One of our destination experts will call you starting January 3rd to help find your perfect cruise. If we happen to miss you, please call us back by January 17th, 2019 at 888-281-9344. If we haven’t heard from you by Jan 17th, your reservation will be cancelled.

Lastly, any pre-paid amenities, packages, or shore excursions will be refunded to the original form of payment within 7-10 business days.

Thanks for understanding. We hope you find another cruise vacation with us. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge - we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez 

Director of Guest Service  

Royal Caribbean International

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If this is the explorer of the seas it is a full ship charter.  I was notified today and received several different options to rebook on different dates.

the notices have gone out.  You can call Royal and they will explosion your options.  You do not have the option to remain on this sailing.

I'm not going to comment.

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

the notices have gone out.  You can call Royal and they will explain your options.  You do not have the option to remain on this sailing.

heres the letter,

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to let you know that, regrettably, we have to cancel your Explorer of the Seas March 1st, 2020 cruise, as it has been chartered. We know this news is disappointing and apologize for the impact to your vacation.

We want every aspect of your vacation to be enjoyable. So, we’ve put together some alternate options that we hope you will take advantage of.

Option 1: Re-book one of the following 2020 sailings

Explorer of the Seas

February 16th or March 15th departing from Miami, Florida, sailing to Nassau, Bahamas and our own private destination, Labadee, Haiti. Nassau and Labadee has lots to offer. Starting in Nassau, home to some of the most beautiful beaches. You are sure to find miles of white sand, clear water, and sunshine. And, while in Labadee, we’re confident you’ll enjoy riding the world’s largest zip line over water, kicking back on a private bungalow at Nellie’s beach, or savoring some local cuisine at one of our three complimentary cafes.

What you’ll receive: 

• Your original stateroom category will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate, excluding taxes, fees, gratuities and other non-cruise fare items. 
  • You’ll receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom: 
  • And, you’ll be reimbursed for non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $400 per guest for International flights).

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean sailingand receive the following credits to spend onboard per stateroom:

• Reimbursement of non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights and up to $400 per guest for International flights).

Option 3: If you choose to cancel, we’ll be sad to see you go

• We will process a full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form of payment, including any non-refundable deposit. Please note, if you choose this option, we will not provide any additional compensation, including air reimbursement.

It’s important to us that you find the best vacation option. One of our destination experts will call you starting January 3rd to help find your perfect cruise. If we happen to miss you, please call us back by January 17th, 2019 at 888-281-9344. If we haven’t heard from you by Jan 17th, your reservation will be cancelled.

Lastly, any pre-paid amenities, packages, or shore excursions will be refunded to the original form of payment within 7-10 business days.

Thanks for understanding. We hope you find another cruise vacation with us. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge - we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez 

Director of Guest Service  

Royal Caribbean International

Well that certainly clears things up! I was just shocked when I logged on and the cruise changed and had all of our info under it as if we are now on that sailing. I guess we will hear soon!

3 minutes ago, hlandrews12 said:

Well that certainly clears things up! I was just shocked when I logged on and the cruise changed and had all of our info under it as if we are now on that sailing. I guess we will hear soon!

You can call them now or your TA can if you booked through a TA.  If you don’t hear from them by tomorrow I would call.  They may not have a correct e mail address on file etc...

As soon as they pull up your reservation they will see that it’s been chartered and you will have the same options as outlined in the letter above.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can call them now or your TA can if you booked through a TA.  If you don’t hear from them by tomorrow I would call.  They may not have a correct e mail address on file etc...

As soon as they pull up your reservation they will see that it’s been chartered and you will have the same options as outlined in the letter above.

My TA booked 5 more rooms in my group booking today and still saw it available today. I will definitely be Checking and calling in the morning 

2 minutes ago, hlandrews12 said:

My TA booked 5 more rooms in my group booking today and still saw it available today. I will definitely be Checking and calling in the morning 

I’ve seen problems with Royal notifying group bookings.  If your TA works for a large agency the agency gets notified and not your TA.  Definitely have your TA call as opposed to waiting,

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’ve seen problems with Royal notifying group bookings.  If your TA works for a large agency the agency gets notified and not your TA.  Definitely have your TA call as opposed to waiting,

Unfortunately she does not. It is just her and her sister in the TA. And they just booked 5 more rooms today which seems odd that they were able to

20 minutes ago, dsvd79 said:

It's a Star Trek Cruise.  An advertisement popped up on my Facebook page for that sailing.

https://www.startrekthecruise.com/

This explains everything. Princess needed some “volunteers” to be on the cruise as they believe they have perfected the Transporter.  They are beaming the volunteers while in international waters just In case the Transporter isn’t quite perfect.  Good luck. 

Have a great cruise.  Live long and prosper.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Bingo! 😁

Man do I love this game! 👍 😇🙃

🙄

Did you book the March 6 2020 sailing as well?  Wondering if they cancelled that one or shortened it down from 9 days and what they offered

Since I got all tied up on Allure.... I ran out of bookings🙄

Too bad this was only a 5 night...😢

I think the March 15th might be a good one... since the March 6th is gone too... 🤔

But do not want to be tied up on another 5 nighter... I think I will move on to Freedom 👍😁🤞