Semi-limited Live: Escape to W. Caribbean 14 days Jan 6, 2019

mking8288

DuckTollerFans, took us years ... decades to pursue this travel passion of ours, work hard & we are just starting to play and live. Go for it, keep it in your dreams.  See ya all sometime on a M&G. 

Ship slowed down, pilot onboard, heading into the channel, has T-Mo & Google signals, should be at the pier terminal by noon.  MDR are open for lunch. It's a good day for those heading into Greater Orlando area, it's more than theme parks.

That's Coca Beach in the distance ...

Collage 2019-01-08 11_01_24.jpg

Collage 2019-01-08 11_17_47.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Thanks 1

Incredibles 2, animation film by Disney played in Atrium lobby earlier. Folks already beginning to return to the ship. Passengers boarding the ship here w. luggage, saw a few at Guest Services ??

Supplies being offloaded by trailers, also crews on vacation & rotation arriving and leaving, using their special gated entrance.

Picture of the nearest beach just off port side as we came in. An odd arrival protocol with fire & rescue truck on standby at the pier earlier. 

Tonight is LeBistro night for us, reminder VM call about long pants. Booked Moderno next week. Plenty of specialty dining availability, even today & also reserved more MDR time for those nights that we couldn't book weeks ago. Even Teppanyaki is NOT entirely booked or soldout as of today.  Food Republic was sold out even when we boarded.

Host/ess at the MDR, both Taste & Savor are asking & trying to steer folks into sharing tables of 6 as 2-2-2, especially at peak time. Just a FYI heads up. I stood firm last night that we had a confirmed reservation on a table for 2. I am fine with other folk's tables 8 inches away as they split up long tables. This could be a hot topic for some ... Freestyle Cruising.

Collage 2019-01-08 16_06_51.jpg

Collage 2019-01-08 16_19_42.jpg

Collage 2019-01-08 16_22_27.jpg

29 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Incredibles 2, animation film by Disney played in Atrium lobby earlier. Folks already beginning to return to the ship. Passengers boarding the ship here w. luggage, saw a few at Guest Services ??

Supplies being offloaded by trailers, also crews on vacation & rotation arriving and leaving, using their special gated entrance.

Picture of the nearest beach just off port side as we came in. An odd arrival protocol with fire & rescue truck on standby at the pier earlier. 

Tonight is LeBistro night for us, reminder VM call about long pants. Booked Moderno next week. Plenty of specialty dining availability, even today & also reserved more MDR time for those nights that we couldn't book weeks ago. Even Teppanyaki is NOT entirely booked or soldout as of today.  Food Republic was sold out even when we boarded.

Host/ess at the MDR, both Taste & Savor are asking & trying to steer folks into sharing tables of 6 as 2-2-2, especially at peak time. Just a FYI heads up. I stood firm last night that we had a confirmed reservation on a table for 2. I am fine with other folk's tables 8 inches away as they split up long tables. This could be a hot topic for some ... Freestyle Cruising.

Collage 2019-01-08 16_06_51.jpg

Collage 2019-01-08 16_19_42.jpg

On thr christmas cruise, food republic also showed sold out, but it was never full...I think it's just the way they have it on the app... and I saw the same thing with thr fire truck on that cruise, we also had an ambulance there for a patient offload when we docked

• Thanks 1

Tomorrow is GSC, seas are calm, weather is good but cloudy, supposed to be windy n blowing north to south, usually not favorable for tendering. Wish us luck, arrival is planned for 10 am.  

Or else, could be 2 days at sea or Nassau ??

Edited by mking8288

Passage on Deck 13 ... hallways & corridors can be a challenge, if.

WiFi upgrade can be done up to 10 pm on Day 4, note lower prices ... somewhat.  

That's all, folks for now - good night. Priority tendering tomorrow, if we get to GSC.

Collage 2019-01-08 23_51_31.jpg

Collage 2019-01-08 21_57_14.jpg

Came to full stop at GSC about 30 minutes ago, prepared to tender.

Then, we saw the RCL ship over next island started leaving & moving away ... Oh, no ... just what I was worried about 

Captain just came on to deliver the bad news, local authorities closed the island due to unsafe conditions due to sea swell & wind. We will be doing a a full day at sea instead, thus 2 days till Jamaica. Shorex booked will be auto refunded. 

Collage 2019-01-09 09_46_44.jpg

Edited by mking8288

22 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Fairly common practice with ships on port calls at Port Canaveral. The closest station is minutes away, better to have them on hand if needed. We saw the same at Port Everglades.

Enjoying your review very much.

Sailed about 130 nm away from GSC and 590 nm remaining to next port, at 15 knots, calm wind n 80 degrees. 

A very quiet buffet before lunch, chair hogs out in force. Making the best out of sea day.

No changes in MDR menus since I posted some last November, Dailies kept too, will upload those when we get back.

Collage 2019-01-09 15_26_33.jpg

P.S.

current weather alert for the tri-state area (wishing I was on my way to Jamaica):

Gusty west to northwest winds will continue tonight across theTri-State Area with wind gusts of 30 to 40 mph. These gusts could

bring down isolated small tree limbs and possibly some power

lines. These gusts could continue into Thursday.

Issuing Office: New York City

Source: National Weather Service

Issued: Wed, Jan 9, 3:50 PM EST

Thanks, meatball !! Virtual cruise pix for you.

Yes, small # of pre-schoolers mostly.

Folding chairs in use in buffet but mainly in lobby for events. Stop in OSH for soup & wings.

More tomorrow, not sure what we will do in Jamaica yet.

Collage 2019-01-09 22_43_57.jpg

Collage 2019-01-09 22_42_03.jpg

Collage 2019-01-09 22_46_00.jpg